Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,745x in 1,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrassrootsConservative View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2079899.html

Great. I wish I lived in Colorado. Weed is the most beautiful thing nature ever produced.
    17 states (I think it's 17 now that MA is included) allow marijuana for medical use. This is strictly grown, processed, and available only in specially controlled locations by valid medical prescription. I have never had a problem with that, nor I think has the federal government, because of the intended humanitarian use (and rather minimal amounts) of the drug. But now that Colorado and Washington have passed their bills to legalize recreational pot, somebody please splain me how is that going to work, when the federal government still recognizes pot as an illegal substance and at this time, has no intention of revising laws requiring prosecution?

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,471x in 36,446 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That we can speak of things, such as gay marriage and drug legalization, as a victory for freedom and liberty is a sad illustration of just how inexorable the atomization of modern society has become. I for one want no part of a liberty resulting from uprootedness, alienation, and a detachment from tradition and community. Maybe Guillaume Faye is right. The modern world is a train speeding along a treacherous stretch of track on a stormy night. Those of us on the traditional right should not be trying to prevent the inevitable. We should be discussing what to do after it crashes.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    oceanloverOH's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,745x in 1,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    That we can speak of things, such as gay marriage and drug legalization, as a victory for freedom and liberty is a sad illustration of just how inexorable the atomization of modern society has become. I for one want no part of a liberty resulting from uprootedness, alienation, and a detachment from tradition and community. Maybe Guillaume Faye is right. The modern world is a train speeding along a treacherous stretch of track on a stormy night. Those of us on the traditional right should not be trying to prevent the inevitable. We should be discussing what to do after it crashes.
    Mister D, many of us did all we could to slam on the brakes of that speeding train, but it has a crazed engineer intent on crashing it with as many casualties as possible, and too many insisting on riding. That it IS going to crash is inevitable....and then those happy-go-lucky riders will be turning to us plaintively crying, "Why?" We will be left to pick up the pieces.....and you're right, we'd better have a plan.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to oceanloverOH For This Useful Post:

Mister D (11-07-2012)

+ Reply to Thread