User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Now here's the good news

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,627
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    KC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,042x in 2,810 Posts
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conley View Post
    If the Dems keep driving the country into the ground and Repubs keep alienating the growing minority pop and women, there will be a big power vacuum where a 3rd party can move in IMO. Contrary to the divided red state / blue state, I think there's a lot America agrees on. A positive campaign could go a long way...
    I am confident that it will. I think the younger generation of the type of people who would be likely Republican voters is now much more socially liberal, despite being conservative on economic issues. The Republican party will either have to change to a more paleo conservative approach at the federal level or scrap the status quo on electoral policies if it plans on staying competitive.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KC For This Useful Post:

Conley (11-07-2012),Kizzume (11-07-2012)

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Dispondent's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 52x in 38 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the dinosaur thinking that is killing your party. I say minority and you immediately think of illegals.
    What? I didn't say that, you assumed that... Odd how that works, ass...

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kathaariancode View Post
    I am confident that it will. I think the younger generation of the type of people who would be likely Republican voters is now much more socially liberal, despite being conservative on economic issues. The Republican party will either have to change to a more paleo conservative approach at the federal level or scrap the status quo on electoral policies if it plans on staying competitive.
    Right! There is a HUGE opportunity for fiscal conservs / social libs in the coming couple of decades. The Repubs could occupy that spot but they don't seem interested, though it does seem like they have a crop of younger stars coming up who maybe could fit the bill. IMO The problem has been that they have to go farther right (like Mitt did) to win the nomination, and then scramble back to the middle to try to win independents in the general.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Dispondent's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 52x in 38 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the dinosaur thinking that is killing your party. I say minority and you immediately think of illegals.
    No, I don't. I actually don't think about minorities at all, just people I deal with. That seems to be an issue on your side, not mine...

Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right! There is a HUGE opportunity for fiscal conservs / social libs in the coming couple of decades. The Repubs could occupy that spot but they don't seem interested, though it does seem like they have a crop of younger stars coming up who maybe could fit the bill. IMO The problem has been that they have to go farther right (like Mitt did) to win the nomination, and then scramble back to the middle to try to win independents in the general.
    This is why I voted for Johnson. At the start of the nomination process, there were some good candidates there. Johnson and Paul clearly represented the way young voters think, and it shows. I have several friends who voted for Gary Johnson. I have a lot of friends that voted for Obama this election that said they would've voted for Paul had he run. I even had friends who registered Republican and showed their support for Paul in the primary, but then voted for Obama in the general election. I think we need to communicate that we want a less involved federal government, and since the Republican Party was once all for that, I wouldn't mind supporting them again someday.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KC For This Useful Post:

Conley (11-07-2012)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kathaariancode View Post
    This is why I voted for Johnson. At the start of the nomination process, there were some good candidates there. Johnson and Paul clearly represented the way young voters think, and it shows. I have several friends who voted for Gary Johnson. I have a lot of friends that voted for Obama this election that said they would've voted for Paul had he run. I even had friends who registered Republican and showed their support for Paul in the primary, but then voted for Obama in the general election. I think we need to communicate that we want a less involved federal government, and since the Republican Party was once all for that, I wouldn't mind supporting them again someday.
    Well said, I agree. My older family members always vote the same party...my sister, myself, and other younger members have all voted 3rd party the last couple of times. IMO the Republican candidates will be much stronger next time around too, so maybe there's potential there. Especially if Biden get the dem nomination -- can you imagine?

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    User with most referrers
    Trinnity's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,832x in 1,323 Posts
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile........for the next four years:

More recession
    More joblessness
    More forclosures
    More deficit spending

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Dispondent (11-07-2012)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well said, I agree. My older family members always vote the same party...my sister, myself, and other younger members have all voted 3rd party the last couple of times. IMO the Republican candidates will be much stronger next time around too, so maybe there's potential there. Especially if Biden get the dem nomination -- can you imagine?
    My family is solid Democrat, but usually since Democratic presidential candidates are safe in WI, most of my family members will vote green or independent.

If the Democrats are smart they nominate one of their worse candidates like Biden. I can't imagine Democrats being strong in 2016. Obama is not going to leave with a vibrant, growing economy, so in a way I'm glad the Repubs didn't waste anyone spectacular this time around. I think the Democrats have a strong future candidate in Elizabeth Warren, especially now that she's won her Senate seat. If she doesn't muck it up too bad, I'd be willing to bet cash that she'll run for the Democratic nomination in 2016 or 2020. But it would be a waste if the Dems nominated her after Obama, when there is little chance she'll win.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I disagree, I think even a moderately good candidate could have beaten Obama this time around...he was vulnerable IMO. But I do think youre right that after another four years of Obama we will see a GOP president, especially if Obama moves more to the left now that he doesn't have to worry about getting re-elected.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Conley For This Useful Post:

Kizzume (11-07-2012)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    Meanwhile........for the next four years:

More recession
    More joblessness
    More forclosures
    More deficit spending
    Like I said, these are things to be optimistic about. They don't solve the greater issues, but I think there is real value in looking for the positives in life. If you wanna groan about the next four years, a thread titled "Now here's the good news" is the wrong place. No one likes a Debbie Downer.

+ Reply to Thread