Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21x in 15 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Nuclear Option

People say that because the Kenyan president won re-election that republicans in the house will now have to compromise.

Say what?

Says who?

I say SCREW THEM!

The house of representatives has the power of the purse. We don't have to raise the debt ceiling, we don't have to pass bills to fund obamacare, the federal government, or anything else. I say let's go with the Nuclear Option.We are going to hit the fiscal cliff come January 1, 2013. So off the cliff we go then. You get the government you voted for. Automatic cuts in defense and social programs will take effect, and when we reach the debt ceiling, there will be no money to write the welfare checks. If the democrats want to do something to prevent this from happening, then they better be prepared to compromise by doing the following things:
    1) Pass a balanced budget Amendment.
    2) Repeal obamacare.
    3) Federal mandatory hiring freezes and pay cuts and cuts all programs by one percent each year until a balanced budget is achieved.
    4) Pass a Constitutional Amendment protecting Traditional Marriage.
    5) Pass a right to life Amendment.
    6) Give congress access to all documents regarding Fast and Furious and the Benghazi Terrorist attack.
    7) We need to make voting more secure and stop voting fraud.
    8) Immigration reform. No really, this does not mean amnesty.

I'll add more demands that we need to get the Tea Party to pressure the House Speaker to submit them.
    Last edited by PatriotNews; 11-07-2012 at 06:53 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PatriotNews For This Useful Post:

countryboy (11-08-2012),GrassrootsConservative (11-07-2012),keymanjim (11-07-2012)

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    User with most referrers
    Trinnity's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,832x in 1,323 Posts
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm all in. I'm sending a message to my legislators tomorrow.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GrassrootsConservative's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,273x in 3,200 Posts
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the path they chose. I agree 100%. Liberal America wants to go bankrupt, then let's hit them in the $#@!in face with it full force. I won't suffer, I've got a safety net and that money won't $#@!in be touched by the dirty, greasy, hands of a damn Communist. EVER.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,118x in 94,140 Posts
    Mentioned
    2547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If spending needs to be cut, you cannot compromise by cutting only projected growth of spending. You have to move beyond that into actual cuts.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    If spending needs to be cut, you cannot compromise by cutting only projected growth of spending. You have to move beyond that into actual cuts.
    Repeal Obamacare is a cut. Obamacare will be the most expensive task ever carried out by the U.S. government, and yes, you're already paying for it.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,120
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Deadwood's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,752x in 1,198 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrassrootsConservative View Post
    Repeal Obamacare is a cut. Obamacare will be the most expensive task ever carried out by the U.S. government, and yes, you're already paying for it.

Well that's a pipe dream now.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Well that's a pipe dream now.
    Not if we can get him impeached... there has to be some hope...

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,120
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Deadwood's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,752x in 1,198 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post

Canada went through it in the late 1990's and early 2000's. It was painful and a lot of people got hurt. A lot of businesses dependent on federal contracts disappeared, lots of civil servants were fired or given early retirement and they found a whole bunch of new ways to tax us, including a 6% hit at the gas pumps on top of a 7% federal sales tax [a tax upon a tax].

But we virtually eliminated waste, the medical care delivery system went from reactive/surgery based to preventative [see below] and the entire welfare system was revamped almost eliminating fraud.

And, it is the reason Canada's economy has been outpacing that of the US for the last eleven years.

Example: I had an auto crash. The EMT's suspected I might have fainted. In the ER they found an irregularity in my heart. I am over 40, an ex smoker and a diabetic - at risk. They had me in front of a Cardiologist in under two weeks. They have monitored me twice, stress tested me, and done an echo-cardiogram. Why? As my doc said: "cost. it is far cheaper to find a problem now that we can treat without cutting you open later." The cost of the tests combined are one tenth of what open heart would be. The reason Canada does less than one third the open hearts per capita than the US.

Cut, for god's sake cut.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deadwood For This Useful Post:

Cedric (11-08-2012),Mainecoons (11-08-2012),PatriotNews (11-08-2012)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,118x in 94,140 Posts
    Mentioned
    2547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't disagree about the US system. It is designed for maximizing profits, not health care.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    PatriotNews's Avatar Junior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21x in 15 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Canada went through it in the late 1990's and early 2000's. It was painful and a lot of people got hurt. A lot of businesses dependent on federal contracts disappeared, lots of civil servants were fired or given early retirement and they found a whole bunch of new ways to tax us, including a 6% hit at the gas pumps on top of a 7% federal sales tax [a tax upon a tax].

But we virtually eliminated waste, the medical care delivery system went from reactive/surgery based to preventative [see below] and the entire welfare system was revamped almost eliminating fraud.

And, it is the reason Canada's economy has been outpacing that of the US for the last eleven years.

Example: I had an auto crash. The EMT's suspected I might have fainted. In the ER they found an irregularity in my heart. I am over 40, an ex smoker and a diabetic - at risk. They had me in front of a Cardiologist in under two weeks. They have monitored me twice, stress tested me, and done an echo-cardiogram. Why? As my doc said: "cost. it is far cheaper to find a problem now that we can treat without cutting you open later." The cost of the tests combined are one tenth of what open heart would be. The reason Canada does less than one third the open hearts per capita than the US.

Cut, for god's sake cut.
    That is a wonderful romantic story. I hope you and your EMT are living happily ever after. We of course do not have this marvelous system of preventative medicine. We don't go to doctors for regular check ups or anything. We have private insurance which would rather wait for the heart attack so they can pay for that.

What a canard. The insinuation that you have to have government run health care in order to have preventative care is just asinine.

You are doing quite well economically because the United States provides for all of your defense needs and because you were not attacked on 9/11 like we were so it is no coincidence that you are doing better since, oh let's see, the last 11 years, which would be 2001.

Maybe the fact that we do more open hearts per capita is a good thing. While our doctors are willing to do everything to save their patients, the Canadian doctors are deciding not to operate on you because it is not the Canada's economic interest to spend the money on open heart surgeries. Sounds like Canada is cutting alright. Sounds like they are cutting health care for those who need open heart surgery and letting them die instead. Great system.
    Last edited by PatriotNews; 11-08-2012 at 05:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread