User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anyone looking for a Deal on 9mm compact

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    sorry............missed your bus?
    The short ones don't wait very long for their taget audience

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (06-13-2017)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 820
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,475x in 15,895 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bo, the fact is that under federal law, private sales between individuals are legal. If someone sells a gun over the internet and ships it, unless he is a federal firearms licensee and ships it to another licensee, he is breaking the law.

Regarding background checks... Just this morning, I transferred a firearm to a guy I ran an FBI NICS check on last week. The sale was delayed by the FBI. When the FBI issues a "delay", they have, by law, 3 working days to issue a final determination (Deny or Proceed). If they do not do so, the firearm may be legally transferred by the dealer. So, this guy was issued a "delay". After 3 working days (they don't count weekends or holidays), no final determination was received from the FBI. That meant this guy had to wait 5 days to get his gun. The idea that "no one is inconvenienced" is nonsense. I gave him the gun today with no final determination.

By the way, the guy we are talking about is a law enforcement officer, a criminal investigator the DA's office. I know a guy who was issued a "deny" by the FBI who to this day doesn't know why. They won't tell you. We actually ran an independent criminal history on the guy and except for a traffic citation for an expired license plate, he was completely clean. I know another guy whose only run in with the law was when he was 12. It was a minor offense, he was referred to a program that once completed, was supposed to result in his juvenile record being expunged. Even the judge who handled his case has no idea why, over 20 years later, without so much as a traffic ticket, he is not allowed to legally purchase a firearm for a licensed dealer. This guy was even cleared by the New Mexico Department of Public Safety to get a Concealed Handgun License and to work as an armed guard (Security is a heavily regulated industry in New Mexico).

The NICS system is deeply flawed. Law abiding citizens are in fact "inconvenienced" by it every day in every state in the union. If you get flagged by the FBI, it can take years and cost you tens of thousands of Dollars in legal fees to get your name cleared.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (06-12-2017),stjames1_53 (06-13-2017)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 3,704
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Bo-4's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,310x in 8,305 Posts
    Mentioned
    669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    Bo, the fact is that under federal law, private sales between individuals are legal. If someone sells a gun over the internet and ships it, unless he is a federal firearms licensee and ships it to another licensee, he is breaking the law.

Regarding background checks... Just this morning, I transferred a firearm to a guy I ran an FBI NICS check on last week. The sale was delayed by the FBI. When the FBI issues a "delay", they have, by law, 3 working days to issue a final determination (Deny or Proceed). If they do not do so, the firearm may be legally transferred by the dealer. So, this guy was issued a "delay". After 3 working days (they don't count weekends or holidays), no final determination was received from the FBI. That meant this guy had to wait 5 days to get his gun. The idea that "no one is inconvenienced" is nonsense. I gave him the gun today with no final determination.

By the way, the guy we are talking about is a law enforcement officer, a criminal investigator the DA's office. I know a guy who was issued a "deny" by the FBI who to this day doesn't know why. They won't tell you. We actually ran an independent criminal history on the guy and except for a traffic citation for an expired license plate, he was completely clean. I know another guy whose only run in with the law was when he was 12. It was a minor offense, he was referred to a program that once completed, was supposed to result in his juvenile record being expunged. Even the judge who handled his case has no idea why, over 20 years later, without so much as a traffic ticket, he is not allowed to legally purchase a firearm for a licensed dealer. This guy was even cleared by the New Mexico Department of Public Safety to get a Concealed Handgun License and to work as an armed guard (Security is a heavily regulated industry in New Mexico).

The NICS system is deeply flawed. Law abiding citizens are in fact "inconvenienced" by it every day in every state in the union. If you get flagged by the FBI, it can take years and cost you tens of thousands of Dollars in legal fees to get your name cleared.
    So YOU are a responsible gun owner / Applause

But your contention that the sales on Armlist involve folks as responsible as yourself?

ALL evidence points to the contrary and indeed criminals can buy from good guys AND criminals.

As for concealed carry? Over half the states now require ZERO in the way of licensing, training or BG checks.

Good idea?

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 820
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,475x in 15,895 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo-4 View Post
    As for concealed carry? Over half the states now require ZERO in the way of licensing, training or BG checks.
    That is false.

Who told you that? You should go find him and punch him out for lying to you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (06-13-2017)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    That is false.

Who told you that? You should go find him and punch him out for lying to you.
    Yeah lol, I posted the state-by-state stats on cc requirements last time he tried to pimp this.

I guess he's including Chicago suburbs where legal gun possession is wide open in practice.
    my junk is ugly

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 422
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,458x in 20,418 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo-4 View Post
    So YOU are a responsible gun owner / Applause

But your contention that the sales on Armlist involve folks as responsible as yourself?

ALL evidence points to the contrary and indeed criminals can buy from good guys AND criminals.

Good idea?
    it is a Right, not a group privilege................ any attempt to regulate a Right turns it into a privilege
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

+ Reply to Thread