Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,795x in 4,453 Posts
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    The people who hacked into my friends' social media accounts and used them to threaten my life so that I would believe that everyone I cared about was out to kill me were not very funny to me.

I don't want to be mean, but you need to get a reality check about the seriousness of this movement.
    You misunderstand me. I'm not saying that there aren't people serious about it or that some of them don't do some seriously messed up things. What I'm saying is that those I mentioned are not serious about it at all. They can't truly be included as part of it. It takes minimal research to see this. Were I to write an article on it, I might include them in a list of obvious trolls using the alt-right label, but not as an actual part of it, because they are not. Those I specifically named are purely trolls. I can't comment on everyone else involved, but I'm sure there are a number mentioned in the article that are really serious about it, and there are definitely people not listed that are seriously involved.

Including them reminds me of this troll "news broadcast". It's not real, but considering the level of research in "journalism" nowadays, it's not hard to see it as possible. Again, this was made by trolls like those I mentioned before just to mess with people.

"For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'." John Greenleaf Whittier

"Our minds control our bodies. Our bodies control our enemies. Our enemies control jack shit by the time we're done with them." Stick

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,263
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,049x in 8,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Jordan View Post
    You misunderstand me. I'm not saying that there aren't people serious about it or that some of them don't do some seriously messed up things. What I'm saying is that those I mentioned are not serious about it at all. They can't truly be included as part of it. It takes minimal research to see this. Were I to write an article on it, I might include them in a list of obvious trolls using the alt-right label, but not as an actual part of it, because they are not. Those I specifically named are purely trolls. I can't comment on everyone else involved, but I'm sure there are a number mentioned in the article that are really serious about it, and there are definitely people not listed that are seriously involved.

Including them reminds me of this troll "news broadcast". It's not real, but considering the level of research in "journalism" nowadays, it's not hard to see it as possible. Again, this was made by trolls like those I mentioned before just to mess with people.

Infotainment rules. Talking heads are ubiquitous. People use controversy to make a living. The down side is that other people take them seriously and that is a problem. Opportunistic propaganda is still propaganda and some people are impressionable.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,156
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Crepitus's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,440x in 9,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by common sense View Post
    let me apologize it to you.
    lol
    People who think a movie about plastic dolls is trying to turn their kids gay or trans are now officially known as

Barbie Q’s

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cthulhu's Avatar Senior Member
    The spaces between cognitive thought and passive nightmares
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 8,079x in 5,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    lol It amazes me that progressives could become fascinated with something that is largely their own creation. Traditionalist and conservative philosophies are so alien to American political life we can't wrap our minds around them.We have to place them in categories we're familiar with but in the process we distort them.
    Pretty much.

By trying to describe something or classify it they manage to distort and butcher it beyond recognition.

Bizarre really.

Sent from my evil cell phone.
    "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Ephesians 6:12

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,368x in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    So in my lurkings of those places that the far right wing people who have deemed themselves "the alternative right" inhabit ("know your enemy"), I have come across a new development in their circles, and this article recently posted on the misogynist Return of Kings blog summarizes it in the clearest way that I can find: What is Alt-Christianity?

Though obviously I'm not on the inside of this movement to know, nevertheless to me it appears uncoincidental that the foundations of this new, general school of Christian thought seem to have been crafted and announced to the general public right around the time that the Southern Baptist Convention -- the largest Protestant denomination in America -- recently voted to explicitly condemn "alt-right white supremacy" just last week. That appears to have been a tough decision for the SBC, given that, as Chris has pointed out, more than 70% of their leaders are Republicans. But ultimately the tepid condemnation (which, as you can see in the article linked in this paragraph, is much weaker than the version originally proposed) was supported by such prominent SBC people as Thabiti Anyabwile, Beth Moore, and leading people around Billy Graham's scene. Supporters of the official condemnation, and especially the female ones like Beth Moore, pastors of color, and those married to non-white people, were harassed and threatened (often sexually in the case of the women) by the "alt-right" movement throughout the process.

Although we have seen various "alt-right" people form their own churches and teachings before (like Ignite Ministries, for example), this Alt-Christian designation appears to be the first time that they have coalesced around a specific set of general principles. To quote an excerpt from the first article in this thread, the essence of it appears to be white nationalism, theocracy, and explicit endorsement of male supremacy:

The Nazis similarly reinvented Christianity in their own image when they ruled Germany, being unwilling to abandon their faith entirely.

That said, this is only a surface-level generalization of what "alt-Christianity" appears to be about and I'm a little curious about what exactly the specific details entail. I suspect we have some people who would be more in-the-know about those details here on this message board than I am, so I will posit it to anyone who does: what, in terms of specifics, do "Alt-Christians" believe? What is the range of prescribed lifestyles, for example? And what laws would Alt-Christians seek to enact?
    It's the same thing as Muslim Wahhabism.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jet57 For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (06-24-2017)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,474
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    kilgram's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,503x in 1,227 Posts
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    So in my lurkings of those places that the far right wing people who have deemed themselves "the alternative right" inhabit ("know your enemy"),

This statement is whats wrong with this country. ISIS, Iran , NKorea, Russia are our enemies, other americans disagreeing are not and should not be considered enemies.
    I guess that Saudi Arabia is a friend :-P Interesting your list of enemies :-P
    WORK AND FIGHT FOR THE REVOLUTION AND AGAINST THE INJUSTICE.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,474
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    kilgram's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,503x in 1,227 Posts
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol It amazes me that progressives could become fascinated with something that is largely their own creation. Traditionalist and conservative philosophies are so alien to American political life we can't wrap our minds around them.We have to place them in categories we're familiar with but in the process we distort them.
    Alien? LOL. If I am tired to see traditionalist and conservative opinions (mainly here where 95% of them fit perfectly there). Or this forum is a rare thing to American world?
    WORK AND FIGHT FOR THE REVOLUTION AND AGAINST THE INJUSTICE.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,576x in 36,515 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilgram View Post
    Alien? LOL. If I am tired to see traditionalist and conservative opinions (mainly here where 95% of them fit perfectly there). Or this forum is a rare thing to American world?
    If you have come to perceive American conservatism (neoliberalism) as representative of the European conservative tradition that could only be because you are thoroughly colonized. Your mind is steeped in Americanism and you don't even know it. I find that tragic at times and comic at others.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Hal Jordan (06-24-2017),Peter1469 (06-24-2017)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,576x in 36,515 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    It's the same thing as Muslim Wahhabism.
    Except no one gets dead. Kind of a big difference...
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,368x in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except no one gets dead. Kind of a big difference...

Oh, check your history.

+ Reply to Thread