User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 56

Thread: This is exactly how I feel - DEPRESSED!! VA Store Owner Closes Shop for a Day.

  1. #41
    Points: 57,351, Level: 58
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 999
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    GrassrootsConservative's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    12119
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Alliance, NE
    Posts
    10,061
    Points
    57,351
    Level
    58
    Thanks Given
    6,008
    Thanked 2,808x in 2,101 Posts
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    Grassy:

    On the one hand, you write:



    Later, on the other hand, you clarify what you MEAN by "freedom":



    ...Enough said.
    Yup.
    Just because you read it that way doesn't mean that's what it says.


  2. #42
    Points: 5,734, Level: 17
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Carygrant's Avatar Banned
    Karma
    -4125
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    england
    Posts
    3,938
    Points
    5,734
    Level
    17
    Thanks Given
    257
    Thanked 281x in 245 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    [QUOTE=GrassrootsConservative;183471]America was founded as a politically right nation. We believe in freedom, and that's what the right is about.
    "Do you want your government to control your life?"
    Answer yes and you're politically left.
    Answer no and you're politically right.QUOTE


    At last .
    A real example of balderdash .
    You losers do wine and bleat like stuck pigs .

  3. #43
    Original Ranter
    Points: 83,174, Level: 70
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,676
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registeredTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first Group
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    7385
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    22,475
    Points
    83,174
    Level
    70
    Thanks Given
    4,582
    Thanked 2,491x in 2,002 Posts
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    99
    Wine? Stuck pigs?

    Sounds like a feast! Tonight we dance!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Conley For This Useful Post:

    bladimz (11-12-2012)

  5. #44
    Original Ranter
    V.I.P
    Points: 39,335, Level: 48
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 815
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    bladimz's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    9863
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Parkerford, PA
    Posts
    6,621
    Points
    39,335
    Level
    48
    Thanks Given
    2,438
    Thanked 1,495x in 1,145 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by GrassrootsConservative View Post
    America was founded as a politically right nation. We believe in freedom, and that's what the right is about.
    "Do you want your government to control your life?"
    Answer yes and you're politically left.
    Answer no and you're politically right.

    America was founded on the idea that the government wouldn't control our lives. That's how it's always been until Democrats started screwin shit up and taking away our freedoms. In America it should be rightists way or the high way, because fuck Communism.
    You guys need to change your rant. This one's really getting old.

    First, no one wants any government to control their lives. But most reasonable people accept that government is a part of their lives. It's a fact of life. Then there's those, like you, who live everyday with the fear that somehow they're being controlled. If you're not breaking the law, if you're not abusing the rights or taking advantage of others, you really shouldn't have any real problems. Then there are those that think that some socialist policies (medicare and social security) are acceptable, but others, like Obamacare, have suddenly moved us forward to a totally socialist country.

    I keep hearing about the rights that you "freedom-lovers" are losing, but no one seems to be able to say exactly what those freedoms are. So i'll ask you: What freedoms have the evil Dems taken from you patriotic, hard-working, tax-paying Americans?

    "The right's way or the highway", huh... How about we pass Obama's jobs bill and get those highways (and bridges, etc.) updated, first.
    Please note: verbage enclosed by < > indicates sarcasm

    "There's class war alright. But it's my class that's making the war. And we're winning it." - Warren Buffet

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to bladimz For This Useful Post:

    Conley (11-12-2012)

  7. #45
    Points: 57,351, Level: 58
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 999
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    GrassrootsConservative's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    12119
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Alliance, NE
    Posts
    10,061
    Points
    57,351
    Level
    58
    Thanks Given
    6,008
    Thanked 2,808x in 2,101 Posts
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by bladimz View Post
    I keep hearing about the rights that you "freedom-lovers" are losing, but no one seems to be able to say exactly what those freedoms are. So i'll ask you: What freedoms have the evil Dems taken from you patriotic, hard-working, tax-paying Americans?
    First of all, I'm going to address the last part of your post. For some reason, you think that the president who hasn't created a single job in the last 4 years is going to create one or (even more absurdly) more than one job in the next four years. Albert Einstein said insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. That's NEVER going to happen. Obama will not create a single job in the next four years. Don't you ever try to push that shit on me again.

    Second of all, I'm a single male without children. "Obamacare" will make me help cover pediatric services. This also impends upon the freedoms of women who can't have children, because they have to help cover maternity services.

    I can keep going, but I've already proved you wrong.
    Just because you read it that way doesn't mean that's what it says.


  8. #46
    Points: 90,628, Level: 73
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,622
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Mainecoons's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    19647
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    16,577
    Points
    90,628
    Level
    73
    Thanks Given
    10,111
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,347 Posts
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    215
    I'll tell ya what, Blad. If you can't figure out how the TSA and Homeland "Security" has cost you freedom, we're not going to be able to explain it to you. If you can't figure out that a government that is borrowing 40 cents of every dollar, printing $40 billion per month to buy paper and consuming in excess of 40 percent of the national output isn't compromising your economic freedom, we can't explain that one to you either.

    You'll just have to remain liberal and ignorant.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mainecoons For This Useful Post:

    GrassrootsConservative (11-12-2012)

  10. #47
    Original Ranter
    V.I.P
    Points: 39,335, Level: 48
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 815
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    bladimz's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    9863
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Parkerford, PA
    Posts
    6,621
    Points
    39,335
    Level
    48
    Thanks Given
    2,438
    Thanked 1,495x in 1,145 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoons View Post
    I'll tell ya what, Blad. If you can't figure out how the TSA and Homeland "Security" has cost you freedom, we're not going to be able to explain it to you. If you can't figure out that a government that is borrowing 40 cents of every dollar, printing $40 billion per month to buy paper and consuming in excess of 40 percent of the national output isn't compromising your economic freedom, we can't explain that one to you either.

    You'll just have to remain liberal and ignorant.
    Well, you did what GrassRoots couldn't. The implementation of the "Patriot Act" (Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism) has the capability to infringe on a person's rights as an American, but that's as a result of the 9/11 attacks (so they say); GR was suggesting that it was the Dems and the libs who have been stealing our rights. So far, neither you nor he has been able to supply anything.

    Signed,
    Liberal and Ignorant.
    Please note: verbage enclosed by < > indicates sarcasm

    "There's class war alright. But it's my class that's making the war. And we're winning it." - Warren Buffet

  11. #48
    Original Ranter
    V.I.P
    Points: 39,335, Level: 48
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 815
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    bladimz's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    9863
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Parkerford, PA
    Posts
    6,621
    Points
    39,335
    Level
    48
    Thanks Given
    2,438
    Thanked 1,495x in 1,145 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by GrassrootsConservative View Post
    First of all, I'm going to address the last part of your post. For some reason, you think that the president who hasn't created a single job in the last 4 years is going to create one or (even more absurdly) more than one job in the next four years. Albert Einstein said insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. That's NEVER going to happen. Obama will not create a single job in the next four years. Don't you ever try to push that shit on me again.


    Second of all, I'm a single male without children. "Obamacare" will make me help cover pediatric services. This also impends upon the freedoms of women who can't have children, because they have to help cover maternity services.

    I can keep going, but I've already proved you wrong.
    We've all heard the Einstein quote a thousand times by now. Time for a new one. I nominate you to go out and dig up another one...

    From what i've read and heard, the government isn't expected to create private sector jobs. That's the job of the private sector. And jobs are created by increasing consumer demand. Demand will only increase as disposable income increases.

    "'Obamacare' will make me help cover pediatric services."... Whaaaaa! Whaaaaaaaaaa! Right now your government makes you pay out the wazoo for military weapons you'll never see, hear, touch or even know about, but that's ok with you. Stop being so specifically anti-Obama and start accepting the fact that you live in a country where no one has a choice as to where their taxes go. You don't want to pay for pediatric care. Fine. I don't like to pay for 2 f*ckin' invasions. It's just the way things are. If you can't accept the bad with the good, maybe you don't belong here. Maybe you should move to Utopia.
    Please note: verbage enclosed by < > indicates sarcasm

    "There's class war alright. But it's my class that's making the war. And we're winning it." - Warren Buffet

  12. #49
    Original Ranter
    Points: 83,174, Level: 70
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,676
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registeredTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first Group
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    7385
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    22,475
    Points
    83,174
    Level
    70
    Thanks Given
    4,582
    Thanked 2,491x in 2,002 Posts
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    99
    Well said Blad. We all have to pay for stuff we don't use. My prop taxes are through the wazoo and pay for the schools around here, but I'm not a student there and I don't have kids so...one thing I do know is that I'd rather have my $$$ paying for American kids to learn and not for say, destroying and then rebuilding Iraq. Unfortunately we dont really get to choose

  13. #50
    Points: 57,351, Level: 58
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 999
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    GrassrootsConservative's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    12119
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Alliance, NE
    Posts
    10,061
    Points
    57,351
    Level
    58
    Thanks Given
    6,008
    Thanked 2,808x in 2,101 Posts
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by bladimz View Post
    We've all heard the Einstein quote a thousand times by now. Time for a new one. I nominate you to go out and dig up another one...

    From what i've read and heard, the government isn't expected to create private sector jobs. That's the job of the private sector. And jobs are created by increasing consumer demand. Demand will only increase as disposable income increases.

    "'Obamacare' will make me help cover pediatric services."... Whaaaaa! Whaaaaaaaaaa! Right now your government makes you pay out the wazoo for military weapons you'll never see, hear, touch or even know about, but that's ok with you. Stop being so specifically anti-Obama and start accepting the fact that you live in a country where no one has a choice as to where their taxes go. You don't want to pay for pediatric care. Fine. I don't like to pay for 2 f*ckin' invasions. It's just the way things are. If you can't accept the bad with the good, maybe you don't belong here. Maybe you should move to Utopia.
    Just because it happens all the time doesn't mean it's not a big deal. You're right, Bush impeded my freedoms too. I bitched about it then as well.

    I stand by my case, you asked for an example of what freedoms of my are being trampled upon, and I gave it to you. I'm sorry, you have no more room to say anything except admit you were wrong and apologize.
    Just because you read it that way doesn't mean that's what it says.


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Forum Topsite Critical Acclaim
Top Ron Paul Sites - Ranking the best Ron Paul related Freedom and Liberty Websites
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO