Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 268x in 160 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm no expert -- well, yes I am

My expertise is about thirty-five years in the past but once upon a time I once was nuclear weapons certified and a nuclear missile technician with a top secret clearance and was on submarines to boot during the Cold War. On the other hand I stopped at E-5 and left after my first enlistment obligation was finished. A second class petty officer is no expert on nuclear war and is expert only in this technical specialty.

But then again that was thirty-five years ago and I've since gotten a college education and taught and trained in various other fields and so I have learned a few more things since.

Background aside, a short time ago someone was informing this board that no Islamic dominated nation in the middle east would ever launch a nuclear weapon at Israel for reasons beyond 'our' pedestrian intellectual abilities or our background knowledge as it applies to such matters. Fair enough. I told you my background in the subject matter and I have made my battle star patrols and the boomer pin is still with my dolphins on my old dress blues hanging in my closet and I have my certificates and discharge paper work.

So anyone claiming that no Islamic dominated nation would ever launch a nuclear strike against Israel . . . please 'splain to this aging Cold War sailor who spent many freaking years around and beneath Arctic ice why everything he learned while in service to his nation was wrong. I await the revelation of your expertise on the subject with psyche all agog.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cedric For This Useful Post:

Conley (11-08-2012),countryboy (11-08-2012),GrassrootsConservative (11-09-2012)