Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
We all know the only reason, the only possible reason, anyone didn't vote for President Obama is racism. When stating a generality it will, by definition, not apply to everyone. Not all liberals are racists, economic idiots, or desperate for a dictatorship. Most are, but not all of them and you might well be an outlyer.

President Obama stated, well before he was president, that when most people are on the dole then liberals will run the country forever. Well, at least until they run out of borrowed morney.

So, you're reality check is bogus. If your reality is that you didn't vote for Obama because you want your SS to double that's fine. Some of my friends voted for Obama specifically for that. If you didn't vote so you could get "free" health care that's fine. But I have friends who voted for Obama specifically for that, too. And, his statement that everyone deserves a share certainly resonated with the branch of my family that are junkies on the dole. If they bothered to vote, they voted for Obama. If they didn't bother to vote, some Democrat voted for them.
And you are exactly why the Republican Party is doomed. Even in the face of a detailed explanation of what I considered, debated, and wrestled with, as I decided who to vote for, you choose to tell me what I think and feel without even knowing me. That rank arrogance is what prevents the Republicans from even considering the possibility that there may be some things in their current ideology that they need to consider letting go of, and so, ultimately they will fade to irrelevancy, and be replaced by a Party that can meet the needs of social moderates.