User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 78

Thread: Minorities and women voting Obama because they ‘want stuff’

  1. #51
    Original Ranter
    Points: 163,316, Level: 96
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 2,334
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Unenlightened
    Karma
    35506
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    45,260
    Points
    163,316
    Level
    96
    Thanks Given
    6,449
    Thanked 8,321x in 6,558 Posts
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    Actually he's right about one thing ... I am irritating


    And I'm right about you being a gullible fool.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.


    ~Alain de Benoist


  2. #52
    Original Ranter
    Points: 163,316, Level: 96
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 2,334
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Unenlightened
    Karma
    35506
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    45,260
    Points
    163,316
    Level
    96
    Thanks Given
    6,449
    Thanked 8,321x in 6,558 Posts
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Okay. So, he didn't say "everyone";he said "the majority". So, his contention is that the "majority" of people who voted for Obama did so because they want 'stuff". Is that a fair characterization of O'Reilly's comment? Now, it is important to note that he ended his comment on a vast generalization of "people want things". Not the majority of people, but just people​.
    He's right. We are becoming more like western Europe in that many Americans want higher taxes and more government services. To suggest that a majority of those who voted for BO fall into that camp is offensive to you? Really? Look, what O'Reilly was saying was perfectly clear. In order to misintepret his statements you'd have to want to.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.


    ~Alain de Benoist


  3. #53
    Points: 13,027, Level: 27
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    coolwalker's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    2069
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Norfolk, Virginia
    Posts
    2,642
    Points
    13,027
    Level
    27
    Thanks Given
    713
    Thanked 663x in 504 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    Geeeeeeeee .... I wonder if there's a Forum Rule Violation here!
    More than likely you little baiting jerk.



  4. #54
    Points: 1,195, Level: 7
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered1000 Experience Points
    Czernobog's Avatar Member
    Karma
    368
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    186
    Points
    1,195
    Level
    7
    Thanks Given
    13
    Thanked 25x in 16 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    He's right. We are becoming more like western Europe in that many Americans want higher taxes and more government services. To suggest that a majority of those who voted for BO fall into that camp is offensive to you? Really? Look, what O'Reilly was saying was perfectly clear. In order to misintepret his statements you'd have to want to.
    Which leads me back to my original statement to you, which you dismissed. Not only is it offensive; it is stupid, irrational, and wrong. I would direct you to Reality Check to see that the majority of Americans, contrary to the narrow view of you, and Mr. O'Reilly, are capable of considering more than just a single issue when deciding who to vote for.
    You don't get to vote for the party that supported, and legislated government forced vaginal probes, and then claim to oppose Obama because he represents "increased government control, and power".

  5. #55
    Original Ranter
    Points: 163,316, Level: 96
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 2,334
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Unenlightened
    Karma
    35506
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    45,260
    Points
    163,316
    Level
    96
    Thanks Given
    6,449
    Thanked 8,321x in 6,558 Posts
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Which leads me back to my original statement to you, which you dismissed. Not only is it offensive; it is stupid, irrational, and wrong. I would direct you to Reality Check to see that the majority of Americans, contrary to the narrow view of you, and Mr. O'Reilly, are capable of considering more than just a single issue when deciding who to vote for.
    Why is it stupid irrational, and wrong? Secondly, what single issue are you referring to? O'Reilly was referring to a fundamental cultural change that I think is demonstrable. For example, when I was a kid there would have been no chance of a federal run healthcare system and a man like BO would never have been elected. What are you referring to?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.


    ~Alain de Benoist


  6. #56
    Points: 91,744, Level: 73
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 506
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Mainecoons's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    19758
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    16,741
    Points
    91,744
    Level
    73
    Thanks Given
    10,256
    Thanked 6,426x in 4,419 Posts
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    216
    O'Reilly was agreeing with you all and your new demographic. He was too polite to point out that most of you can't really carry your own weight let alone create real prosperity and wealth. Particularly when your primary belief is that you can have wealth by taking it from someone else.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mainecoons For This Useful Post:

    Kabuki Joe (11-09-2012)

  8. #57
    Original Ranter
    Points: 163,316, Level: 96
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 2,334
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Unenlightened
    Karma
    35506
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    45,260
    Points
    163,316
    Level
    96
    Thanks Given
    6,449
    Thanked 8,321x in 6,558 Posts
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoons View Post
    O'Reilly was agreeing with you all and your new demographic. He was too polite to point out that most of you can't really carry your own weight let alone create real prosperity and wealth. Particularly when your primary belief is that you can have wealth by taking it from someone else.
    Agreed. O'Reilly was rather tame in his response. What's more is that he was asked a direct question about the racial divide and rather skillfully responded with an observation about American society in general.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.


    ~Alain de Benoist


  9. #58
    Points: 1,195, Level: 7
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered1000 Experience Points
    Czernobog's Avatar Member
    Karma
    368
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    186
    Points
    1,195
    Level
    7
    Thanks Given
    13
    Thanked 25x in 16 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Why is it stupid irrational, and wrong? Secondly, what single issue are you referring to? O'Reilly was referring to a fundamental cultural change that I think is demonstrable. For example, when I was a kid there would have been no chance of a federal run healthcare system and a man like BO would never have been elected. What are you referring to?
    "Getting things". That is the single issue that you, and Mr. O'Reilly are claiming is the reason that "the majority of people" voted for Obama. You want to play off O'Reilly's words as if they have no political implications, but they do. They make a judgement about the voting principles of the "majority of people". and that judgement is condescending, ignorant, and inaccurate.
    You don't get to vote for the party that supported, and legislated government forced vaginal probes, and then claim to oppose Obama because he represents "increased government control, and power".

  10. #59
    Original Ranter
    Points: 163,316, Level: 96
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 2,334
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Unenlightened
    Karma
    35506
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    45,260
    Points
    163,316
    Level
    96
    Thanks Given
    6,449
    Thanked 8,321x in 6,558 Posts
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    "Getting things". That is the single issue that you, and Mr. O'Reilly are claiming is the reason that "the majority of people" voted for Obama. You want to play off O'Reilly's words as if they have no political implications, but they do. They make a judgement about the voting principles of the "majority of people". and that judgement is condescending, ignorant, and inaccurate.
    You don't want increased government sevices? If not, why on Earth did you vote for BO?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.


    ~Alain de Benoist


  11. #60
    Points: 25,712, Level: 39
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Kabuki Joe's Avatar Banned
    Karma
    5035
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,321
    Points
    25,712
    Level
    39
    Thanks Given
    2,015
    Thanked 758x in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AZFlyFisher View Post
    Do you have any idea how much you look like an imbecile when you post without reading the article and understanding what was written?

    “The white establishment is now the minority,” he added. “And the voters — many of them — feel that this economic system is stacked against them and they want stuff. You’re going to see a tremendous Hispanic vote for President Obama, overwhelming black vote for President Obama and women will probably break President Obama’s way.”

    “People feel that they are entitled to things. And which candidate between the two is going to give them things?”

    No, you probably don't. You just claim "$#@! slap" again, lol. You must be a real $#@!, lmao.


    ...I read that and I think you are trying to put a "slant" on what he said...it doesn't look like he said what was implied...


    Kabuki Joe

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Forum Topsite Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO