User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After Obama reelection coal company CEO reads prayer to staff, announces layoffs

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    wazi99's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 82x in 54 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After Obama reelection coal company CEO reads prayer to staff, announces layoffs

For the chairman and chief executive of Murray Energy, an Ohio-based coal company, the reelection of President Obama was no cause for celebration. It was a time for prayer – and layoffs.

Robert E. Murray read a prayer to a group of company staff members on the day after the election, lamenting the direction of the country and asking: “Lord, please forgive me and anyone with me in Murray Energy Corp. for the decisions that we are now forced to make to preserve the very existence of any of the enterprises that you have helped us build.”

On Wednesday, Murray also laid off 54 people at American Coal, one of his subsidiary companies, and 102 at Utah American Energy, blaming a “war on coal” by the administration of President Barack Obama.”

Murray Energy is the country’s largest privately owned coal mining company, with about 3,000 employees producing about 30 million tons of bituminous coal a year, according to its Web site.

Read more here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...684_story.html

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 82x in 54 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees

LAS VEGAS (CBS Las Vegas)
    — A Las Vegas business owner with 114 employees fired 22 workers today, apparently as a direct result of President Obama’s re-election.

“David” (he asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) told Host Kevin Wall on 100.5 KXNT that “elections have consequences” and that “at the end of the day, I need to survive.”

Here’s an excerpt from the interview. Click the audio tab below to hear even more from this compelling conversation:
    “I’ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first. I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that [I] made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I’m at a point where I’m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees.

Read more here: http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2012/11...-22-employees/

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 82x in 54 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Energizer -
    The St. Louis-based company said Thursday that it expects to shed about 1,500 employees. When finished, the restructuring should lead to $200 million in pretax yearly savings, Energizer said. It aims to have most of its restructuring steps finished by the end of September 2014.
    Exide Technologies -
    Exide Technologies announced Thursday that it will be idling its lead-recycling operations in Laureldale and laying off 150 workers, effective no later than March 31.
    Westinghouse -
    Westinghouse Anniston, the contractor responsible for shutting down Anniston’s chemical weapons incinerator, has reduced its workforce by another 50 employees.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 82x in 54 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hawker Beechcraft -
    The company says 240 employees will lose their jobs with the closing of Hawker Beechcraft Services facilities in Little Rock, Ark.; Mesa, Ariz.; and San Antonio, Texas.
    Boeing (30% of their management staff) -
    Boeing Co. said Wednesday it plans to employ 30% fewer executives at its Boeing Defense, Space & Security unit by the end of 2012 compared to 2010 levels.
    CVPH Medical Center -
    CVPH Medical Center has handed pink slips to 17 employees. The layoffs — nine in management and eight hourly staffers — are part of an effort to “help bolster the hospital’s financial position in 2013 and beyond,” a press release said.
    US Cellular -
    The move will result in 980 job cuts at U.S. Cellular, with 640 in the Chicago area, according to a spokeswoman. The cuts are slightly under 12 percent of the approximately 8,400 total employees U.S. Cellular had at the end of the third quarter.
    Momentive Performance Materials -
    About 150 workers at Sistersville’s Momentive Performance Materials plant will be temporarily laid off later this month, officials said this week.
    Rocketdyne -
    About 100 employees at Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne, most of whom work in the San Fernando Valley, were laid off Wednesday in response to dwindling government spending on space exploration, the company said. The layoffs were effective immediately, and 75 percent of them came at the facilities on Canoga and De Soto avenues, which employ about 1,100 people. The company has six sites across the Valley.
    Brake Parts -
    The leader of an automotive parts plant in Lincoln County has told state officials that there are plans to lay off 75 workers starting in late December…The layoffs are expected to start Dec. 28 and continue in the first quarter of 2013
    Vestas Wind Systems -
    Vestas Wind Systems A/S (VWS) is seeking to sell a stake of as much as 20 percent and said it’s reducing headcount by 3,000 to raise the staff cuts by the biggest wind turbine maker to almost a third over two years.
    Husqvarna -
    Husqvarna AB (HUSQB), the world’s biggest maker of powered garden tools, plans to cut about 600 jobs in a move that will save 220 million kronor ($33 million) a year by 2014.
    Center for Hospice New York -
    The Center for Hospice and Palliative Care plans to temporarily lay off as many as 40 employees next year as it embarks on a major renovation of the inpatient unit at its Cheektowaga campus.
    Bristol-Meyers -
    Bristol-Myers Squibb is following up its lackluster third-quarter results with almost 480 layoffs. As Pharmalot reports, the company notified the New Jersey government that it would scale back in Plainsboro, which means the cuts will hit its sales operations.
    OCE North America -
    Trumbull printer- and scanning-equipment provider Oce North America, Inc. will lay off 135 workers in three Connecticut communities, including East Hartford, according to its notice with the state Labor Department.
    Darden Restaurants -
    The company, which was among those who had received an Obamacare waiver in the past, is looking to limit workers to 28 hours per week. A full time employee that is required to have health insurance (lest the employer pay a fine) works 30 hours per week, as defined by the Obamacare law.
    West Ridge Mine -
    In its statement, UtahAmerican Energy blames the Obama administration for instituting policies that will close down “204 American coal-fired power plants by 2014″ and for drastically reducing the market for coal.
    United Blood Services Gulf -
    United Blood Services Gulf South region, the non-profit blood service provider for much of south Louisiana and Mississippi, will lay off approximately 10 percent of its workforce. It was a hard decision to make according to Susan Begnaud, Regional Center Director for the Gulf South region.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 82x in 54 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 82x in 54 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elections have consequences...

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,300x in 4,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We knew this was going to happen. That's just a small list and I hope the south doesn't get harder than the north, we can't afford any more.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Venus's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,057x in 742 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/49745604

Why US Economy May Be Headed for Another Recession

Rosenberg is not alone: Strategas earlier this week said it expects a recession early in 2013, and University of Maryland economist Peter Morici said that "the President and Congress will not be able to raise taxes — be those on the wealthiest of the wealthy or anyone else — and cut spending without risking a second recession, deeper and more painful than the Great Recession."

Even if the cliff gets fixed, that in itself will mean the economy will slow even further.

FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Venus For This Useful Post:

Mainecoons (11-09-2012)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,769
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mainecoons's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,437x in 4,426 Posts
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll bring it closer to home. We have an office building in a very good location in Texas. This building is ideal for and most patronized by small professional companies. We lost a major tenant in April but it looked like we'd be OK as a number of replacements have been negotiating with us, although they all said they wanted to wait until after the election.

Everyone of them have notified us they will no longer be expanding and moving into our building but will stay where they are and, basically, play defense.

This is in the most prosperous state in America, Texas. Can't imagine what it is going to be like in places like CA that are deliberately hammering their businesses.

We're going to let the building go into default to protect our other assets and because we see nothing but bad economic news ahead.

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 749
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    coolwalker's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 663x in 504 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gee, do you think Cigar and TruthMatters are happy now?

+ Reply to Thread