User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor Petraeus. Shated for what I think is exemplary behaviour.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    GrumpyDog's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 210x in 170 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Well...speaking only for myself, I don't personally give two $#@!s what superstitions people want to follow. If the "magic man in the sky" makes them feel better, then that is none of my gods damned business. My only problem comes when they start trying to legislate behaviour based on the morality of that superstition. Then it becomes a question of trying to infringe on my individual liberty.
    Then you should either take back the Republican party, from the current coaltion of religious fanatics, or become a progressive, as GrumpyDog is, and help move the country forward into the 21st century of a technological utopia.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,470x in 36,445 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDog View Post
    First off, no one uses the word "dude" except teenagers, which, from your previous inability to comprehend english, suggests you must be one.

Secondly, the "superstitions" are what all relgions are based upon, therefore, GrumpyDog is in opposition to those ancient superstitions, because GrumpyDog is a progressive.
    Dude, consult a dictionary. You don't understand what superstition means

Why do you think conservatives are opposed to your "superstitions"?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,470x in 36,445 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Then you should either take back the Republican party, from the current coaltion of religious fanatics, or become a progressive, as GrumpyDog is, and help move the country forward into the 21st century of a technological utopia.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Czernobog's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 25x in 16 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently you never read my rant. I voted for Obama. and so long as the Modern Republican Party (They quit being worthy of the title GOP when the Tea party took over) allows the tail to wag the dog, and insists on marrying their fiscal conservatism with their social conservatism, I will never again vote for a Republican candidate. I made that decision four years ago. And, I am not alone. I view your proclamations of a coming "technological Utopia" with a modicum of skepticism. Sorry. The sad truth is that progressives are just not quite as competent when it comes to economic questions a fiscal conservatives. That doesn't mean that all Progressive ideas are bad ones, nor does it mean that all conservative ideas are brilliant. The truth is, I really wish we could find a way past all of the modern partisanship. Because, frankly, the periods of this nations greatest growth came from eras with a marriage of Progressive, and conservative ideas. I do truly believe that if the two parties in Washington could come together, and reach compromise, we would find economic solutions that would​ lead us back to prosperity.
    You don't get to vote for the party that supported, and legislated government forced vaginal probes, and then claim to oppose Obama because he represents "increased government control, and power".

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently you never read my rant. I voted for Obama. and so long as the Modern Republican Party (They quit being worthy of the title GOP when the Tea party took over) allows the tail to wag the dog, and insists on marrying their fiscal conservatism with their social conservatism, I will never again vote for a Republican candidate. I made that decision four years ago. And, I am not alone. I view your proclamations of a coming "technological Utopia" with a modicum of skepticism. Sorry. The sad truth is that progressives are just not quite as competent when it comes to economic questions a fiscal conservatives. That doesn't mean that all Progressive ideas are bad ones, nor does it mean that all conservative ideas are brilliant. The truth is, I really wish we could find a way past all of the modern partisanship. Because, frankly, the periods of this nations greatest growth came from eras with a marriage of Progressive, and conservative ideas. I do truly believe that if the two parties in Washington could come together, and reach compromise, we would find economic solutions that would​ lead us back to prosperity.
    I shall endeavor to consult the rant section more often for a more precise explanation of conservative fiscal responsibility.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,526x in 94,387 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waltky View Post
    He will be missed...

General David Petraeus: A huge loss for US
    10 November 2012 - General David Petraeus created a new blueprint for fighting insurgencies
    1. His wife is hideous. No wonder he was banging a hot reporter.

2. His counter insurgency ideas were wrong and I told him as much. It was the equivalent of nation building its enemy's country. Now of course, he was only trying to come up with a plan the politicians could embrace. I would have gone home, or waged total war upon the enemy until an unconditional surrender was offered. Then, and only then would I have cared one whit for the civilians.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 25x in 16 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shall endeavor to consult the rant section more often for a more precise explanation of conservative fiscal responsibility.
    Here. Lemme help you with that: Reality Check. For the record, it isn't about fiscal conservatism, so much as it was about why I, evn as a fiscal conservative, voted for Obama, and why I will continue to vote for any party not Republican, so long as the Republican Party continues to let the tail wag the dog.
    You don't get to vote for the party that supported, and legislated government forced vaginal probes, and then claim to oppose Obama because he represents "increased government control, and power".

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here. Lemme help you with that: Reality Check. For the record, it isn't about fiscal conservatism, so much as it was about why I, evn as a fiscal conservative, voted for Obama, and why I will continue to vote for any party not Republican, so long as the Republican Party continues to let the tail wag the dog.
    You are correct, and it is entirely my fault, for using such an obvious oxymoronic phrase as "fiscal conservatism".

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,526x in 94,387 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are correct, and it is entirely my fault, for using such an obvious oxymoronic phrase as "fiscal conservatism".
    Expand on that. What is wrong with the term fiscal conservative. It is classical liberalism if you like that better.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 25x in 16 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fiscal conservatism isn't the problem. I am a fiscal conservative. It is the social conservatism that is the oxymoron. There is nothing about repressing individual liberty, and demanding more intrusive government control in the name of religious morality that is, in any way shape or form, conservative.

+ Reply to Thread