User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: the top tax rate from 1940-1970 was 80% or above

  1. #31

    tPF Moderator
    Original Ranter
    V.I.P
    Points: 334,022, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Peter1469's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    90993
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    64,933
    Points
    334,022
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    31,593
    Thanked 22,835x in 16,521 Posts
    Mentioned
    1431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    977
    Chris, save your breath.

  2. #32
    Points: 11,465, Level: 25
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    truthmatters's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    -689
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,478
    Points
    11,465
    Level
    25
    Thanks Given
    324
    Thanked 125x in 113 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    JFK cut the top marginal tax rates from 90% to 70% and increased tax revenue by 62%.

    documentation please?


    He died before they were implimented?

    make clear your claim.

    He was DEAD when they were lowered.


    can you go get the legislation that shows he was the one who generated the bill to cut those taxes?


    Now why wont you comment on the meat of the thread which is that some of out most prosperous years were with top tax rates at the 80% level.


    raising it a little bit will NOT cause disaster as the right claims.

    History shows NOTHING to support such crazy talk.

  3. #33

    tPF Moderator
    Original Ranter
    V.I.P
    Points: 334,022, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Peter1469's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    90993
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    64,933
    Points
    334,022
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    31,593
    Thanked 22,835x in 16,521 Posts
    Mentioned
    1431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    977
    Quote Originally Posted by truthmatters View Post
    documentation please?


    He died before they were implimented?

    make clear your claim.

    He was DEAD when they were lowered.


    can you go get the legislation that shows he was the one who generated the bill to cut those taxes?


    Now why wont you comment on the meat of the thread which is that some of out most prosperous years were with top tax rates at the 80% level.


    raising it a little bit will NOT cause disaster as the right claims.

    History shows NOTHING to support such crazy talk.
    If we had a strong economy, it could support tax increases. We do not have a strong economy. It is on the verge of a serious correction. You are focused on static accounting models like the CBO. They do it because it is the law in their case; why do you?

  4. #34

    tPF Moderator
    Original Ranter
    V.I.P
    Points: 334,022, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Peter1469's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    90993
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    64,933
    Points
    334,022
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    31,593
    Thanked 22,835x in 16,521 Posts
    Mentioned
    1431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    977


    JFK is right in general; wrong with key specifics.

  5. #35
    V.I.P
    Points: 43,787, Level: 51
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,463
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    19244
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mountains of WNC
    Posts
    7,982
    Points
    43,787
    Level
    51
    Thanks Given
    1,987
    Thanked 1,906x in 1,428 Posts
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    If we had a strong economy, it could support tax increases. We do not have a strong economy. It is on the verge of a serious correction. You are focused on static accounting models like the CBO. They do it because it is the law in their case; why do you?
    You really believe truthy knows the difference or even the types/kind of accounting methods ??
    It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

  6. #36

    tPF Moderator
    Original Ranter
    V.I.P
    Points: 334,022, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Peter1469's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    90993
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    64,933
    Points
    334,022
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    31,593
    Thanked 22,835x in 16,521 Posts
    Mentioned
    1431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    977
    Quote Originally Posted by hanger4 View Post
    You really believe truthy knows the difference or even the types/kind of accounting methods ??
    Absolutely not. I think she has a solid bottom average IQ. 90 is generous.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Forum Topsite Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO