Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 185x in 118 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Ok - Kizz, but you posted something about "being deserved to be hit" which set a pretty sour tone.
    True, it did escalate to unnecessary levels. I shouldn't have said that. I just wish she could post more threads without purposely inserting something highly toxic in it and then whining about how terrible the left wingers here are. She tells people to leave the forum--normal forums would ban someone for such behavior, but management here lets her say that kind of crap regularly to people. How do you expect to keep anyone who isn't on the right on this forum when you allow such things to be said? I'm not saying to ban her, but if you're going to step in at times like this, you should step in when she screams at people to leave the forum.
    Help us out here, we're trying to keep this thread from going total $#@!.
    Personally, I think this thread is a lost cause, but I'll let it go from here--if you can actually get it back on track, cool.
    Sorry--but I do not accept the idea that being intolerant of intolerance is THE SAME THING as being intolerant of anything else.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kizzume For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (11-10-2012)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizzume View Post
    True, it did escalate to unnecessary levels. I shouldn't have said that. I just wish she could post more threads without purposely inserting something highly toxic in it and then whining about how terrible the left wingers here are. She tells people to leave the forum--normal forums would ban someone for such behavior, but management here lets her say that kind of crap regularly to people. How do you expect to keep anyone who isn't on the right on this forum when you allow such things to be said? I'm not saying to ban her, but if you're going to step in at times like this, you should step in when she screams at people to leave the forum.

Personally, I think this thread is a lost cause, but I'll let it go from here--if you can actually get it back on track, cool.
    Fair enough - sort of.

Search some of Cigar's threads and tell me that this forum doesn't tolerate left-wing aggression.
    my junk is ugly

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

Trinnity (11-10-2012)

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Kizzume's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't apologize good enough, I don't think, for my statement about Calypso "deserved to be hit". I said that I shouldn't have said it, but that's not an apology. Sorry Calypso.
    Sorry--but I do not accept the idea that being intolerant of intolerance is THE SAME THING as being intolerant of anything else.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kizzume For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (11-10-2012),oceanloverOH (11-10-2012),truthmatters (11-11-2012)

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,627
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    KC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,042x in 2,810 Posts
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this thread is a teachable lesson. With the inflamatory remark about Obama supporters, it didn't belong in the serious discussions area. If Kizz was offended, he should have reported or PM'd the mods, so the thread could be moved.

If he didn't feel like reporting or PMing the mods, he could have resolved the issue by PMing Calypso or in some way talking it over peacefully, but fair moderation isn't difficult to accomplish when inflamatory remarks are met with more inflamatory remarks.

Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind and a bunch of other clichés also apply.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GrassrootsConservative's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,273x in 3,200 Posts
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kathaariancode View Post
    I think this thread is a teachable lesson. With the inflamatory remark about Obama supporters, it didn't belong in the serious discussions area. If Kizz was offended, he should have reported or PM'd the mods, so the thread could be moved.

If he didn't feel like reporting or PMing the mods, he could have resolved the issue by PMing Calypso or in some way talking it over peacefully, but fair moderation isn't difficult to accomplish when inflamatory remarks are met with more inflamatory remarks.
    I didn't know it was in the Other Discussions section. I wouldn't have ever posted in it.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrassrootsConservative View Post
    I didn't know it was in the Other Discussions section. I wouldn't have ever posted in it.
    It was at first, before the mods moved it. It didn't belong in those forums regardless.

Hm. That could be an issue to work on resolving in itself. As a rule, members should check to see which forums the thread is in, which is visible at the top of the first post. Perhaps we should consider something to make it more obvious.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a snitch, or a tattletale, that's the kind of crap I did in elementary school. I'm not going to become a snitch to participate on a forum. Let me be clear: Since I've been here, there have been at least THREE threads dedicated to how offended right wingers are at some of the left wingers here. I'm not going to emulate that kind of whininess, I'm just going to point out the double standards once in a while when I see them.

Don't complain about behavior that you have yourself, that's my main thing--this goes to Trinnity, Calypso, GrassrootsConservative, and others.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kizzume For This Useful Post:

truthmatters (11-11-2012)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It was at first, before the mods moved it. It didn't belong in those forums regardless.

Hm. That could be an issue to work on resolving in itself. As a rule, members should check to see which forums the thread is in, which is visible at the top of the first post. Perhaps we should consider something to make it more obvious.
    "The mods"?

That's what I am to you? "The mods"?

... you're so cold.

my junk is ugly

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

KC (11-11-2012)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think things are fine as far as that goes. If people are too lazy to look at what forum a post is in, that's their problem.

+ Reply to Thread