Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 93x in 71 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    Yea me too but you got to put a scare in those young men.
    I don't think there's anything scarier than the sound of a shotgun being $#@!ed or locked and loaded or whatever you do to it. That would stop me dead in my tracks or make me run like hell the other way!

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    The Little Dictator's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 93x in 71 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So back on topic: when did this relationship start? He was investigated when he was nominated for the CIA chief's job and it was never uncovered then? Or had it started after that? She was embedded (pardon the pun) in Iraq with the General in 2010 to write her book.

How good is our vetting process? Never mind. We got Obama --- 'nuff said.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The Little Dictator For This Useful Post:

Deadwood (11-13-2012)

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsSocial
    waltky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,140x in 1,616 Posts
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Uncle Ferd says ya gotta watch dem womens - dey'll get ya in trouble ever' time...

Senate Intelligence Chairwoman calls Petraeus' resignation 'tragic'
    November 9th, 2012 Washington (CNN) - Senator Dianne Feinstein, chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, told CNN CIA Director David Petraeus' resignation is "tragic for this human being" and for the country. "He loved the job, had a big design for the job," she said.
    Feinstein also made the point that "people are going to say he's a scapegoat for Benghazi and that's absolutely false," referring to the controversy over the timeline of the terror attack at the U.S. mission in Libya that killed four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. "I know what the personal story is. It is not a cover up." While she refused to elaborate on the details surrounding Petraeus' sudden departure, she told CNN "I deeply believe, based on what I know, that it was an egregious personal mistake."

In a press release, Feinstein also added that "I wish President Obama had not accepted his resignation, but I understand and respect the decision." In the interview with CNN, she declined to speculate about any possible replacement candidates. What puzzles Feinstein, and others, is the sudden timing of the resignation. Hearings on Capitol Hill regarding Benghazi are still scheduled for next week, and Acting CIA Director Michael Morell will testify in his place. "What I don't understand is the immediate departure," she said. "That's the part I don't get." Feinstein added she still intends to hold the hearing starting next Thursday to figure out "who did what and when – and what was missing?"

On a more personal level regarding Petraeus, who is a retired four star general, Feinstein theorized that "the transition to civilian life, whether you are a private or a four-star is really hard. Everything changes when you take off the medals." She added "You're not accustomed to being questioned constantly, people are giving you a lot of flak." That was the case with Petraeus and the Benghazi controversy to be sure – although Petraeus himself worked very hard to maintain a low-key profile. That ended Friday.

Source
    See also:

Lindsey Graham: We Need Watergate-Type Committee to Investigate Benghazi; Petraeus Must Testify
    November 11, 2012 - Sen. Lindsey Graham, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said Sunday that Congress should form a new special committee, like it did during the Watergate and Iran-Contra scandals, to investigate what happened before, during and after the Sept. 11, 2012 terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.
    Graham also insisted that Gen David Petraeus, who resigned this week because he had been engaged in an extramarital affair, must testify in Congress about Benghazi. Graham was responding to a question from host Bob Schieffer of CBS News’s Face the Nation who had asked the senator whether Congress should investigate Petraeus’s affair and how it was handled by the administration. “Well, if there is no affect of the affair on national security, I think we need to move on,” said Graham. “But at the end of the day the one thing that has to happen in my view is we have to get to the bottom of Benghazi. I hate what happened to Gen. Petraeus for his family and the families of those involved. But we have four dead Americans in Benghazi. We have a national security failure long in the making.

“I don’t see how in the world you can find out what happened in Benghazi before during and after the attack if Gen. Petraeus doesn’t testify,” said Graham. “So, from my point of view, it is absolutely essential that he give testimony before the Congress so we can figure out Benghazi.

“And from the Congress’s point of view, instead of doing this in a stove pipe way, you have got the Department of Defense that needs to explain themselves, the intelligence community, God knows the State Department needs to answer for their behavior regarding Benghazi,” said Graham. “I would suggest that we have a joint select committee of House and Senate members and we do this together—not have three different committees going off in three different directions—so we can get to the bottom of it like we did in Watergate and Iran Contra. I think that would be smart for the Congress to combine resources.”

In 1973, after President Richard Nixon had been reelected in 1972, the Senate formed a special committee chaired by Democratic Sen. Sam Ervin of North Carolina to investigate the break-in at the Democratic National Committee offices at the Watergate in Washington, D.C. In 1987, during the Iran-Contra scandal, the House and Senate formed a joint committee to investigate the Reagan administration’s covert arm sales to Iran. President Nixon eventually resigned over the Watergate scandal. Presidents Nixon and Reagan were both Republicans.

Source
    Last edited by waltky; 11-12-2012 at 12:19 AM.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,525x in 94,386 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Little Dictator View Post
    So back on topic: when did this relationship start? He was investigated when he was nominated for the CIA chief's job and it was never uncovered then? Or had it started after that? She was embedded (pardon the pun) in Iraq with the General in 2010 to write her book.

How good is our vetting process? Never mind. We got Obama --- 'nuff said.
    I imagine Obama knew about this when he appointed him to the CIA. It is always good to have dirt on potential political rivals.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

The Little Dictator (11-12-2012)

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    The Little Dictator's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 93x in 71 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now they are reporting a possible security breach with Broadwell in October during a speech in Denver. Our CIA was holding a couple of Libyans in their compound and this was an attack to free them? Why and how would she know this?

Fishier and fishier.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The Little Dictator For This Useful Post:

Deadwood (11-13-2012)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You didn't just say fishy.....?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

The Little Dictator (11-12-2012)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Ivan88's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 348x in 306 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaarona View Post

We have interventions, intel operations and training going on in a dozen African countries.. We don't want to repeat this screw up again.
    What if it was not a "screw up"? What if it was a set up?

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may be. Mrs. Petreaus let herself go and the General had to move on.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsSocial
    waltky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,140x in 1,616 Posts
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Granny says, "Dat's right - court-martial his sorry butt...

David Petraeus: Broadwell affair was 'colossal mistake'
    12 November 2012 - Steve Boylan said the former spymaster knows he has made a "colossal mistake"
    Former CIA director David Petraeus has acknowledged his extramarital affair was a "colossal mistake", his former spokesman has told ABC News. Retired Army Col Steve Boylan said Gen Petraeus' wife Holly was "not exactly pleased" by the revelation, adding that "furious would be an understatement". The former general resigned over a relationship with Paula Broadwell, his biographer and a former army officer.

It was discovered after a second woman, Jill Kelley, reported harassing emails. Mrs Kelley, 37, told the FBI that she had received anonymous emails, prompting an investigation into Mrs Broadwell, a married mother of two. In his interview with ABC News, Col Boylan said Gen Petraeus' affair with Mrs Broadwell, 40, began after the four-star general retired from the army. "This was poor judgement on his part," Col Boylan said. "It was a colossal mistake, he knows that, he's acknowledged that." He added: "They're a strong family. They'll get through this."

The relationship began about two months after Gen Petraeus, 60, took up his post as director of the CIA in September 2011, Col Boylan said. He also said it ended about four months ago. Adultery is illegal under military law, and correspondents say Gen Petraeus could face military prosecution if evidence is found to challenge his claims that the affair began after he left the army.

The former general joined the CIA in 2011 after heading international forces in Iraq and later in Afghanistan. He was the highest-profile military officer of the post-9/11 years, and was widely credited for his role in running the "surge" in Iraq and implementing a counter-insurgency strategy in Afghanistan.

Benghazi focus

14. The Following User Says Thank You to waltky For This Useful Post:

Conley (11-12-2012)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    It may be. Mrs. Petreaus let herself go and the General had to move on.
    What did she do?

+ Reply to Thread