User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: More Questions Than Answers -Patreaus Resignation

  1. #1
    Points: 25,433, Level: 38
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Deadwood's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    6488
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, BC - dual citizen
    Posts
    3,471
    Points
    25,433
    Level
    38
    Thanks Given
    2,585
    Thanked 1,750x in 1,197 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    70

    More Questions Than Answers -Patreaus Resignation

    Timing is everything, and not just in comedy.

    There's usually a lull after an election, the frenzied press corpse breathes a sigh of relief, and those too long in the limelight get some "me" time.

    Or that's how things generally go....and so it can maybe be allowed that resignation of an Obama top aide over a relatively minor scandal raises some eyebrows if not serious questions.

    Will be ever ge the goods on Benghazi?



    Resignations over scandals often raise more questions than they answer, and thatís true of Gen. David Petraeusís abrupt exit from the Central Intelligence Agency.
    Some have already been put to rest: Paula Broadwell, the author of ďAll In: The Education of David Petraeus,Ē has been identified as the woman at the center of the FBI email probe that ultimately toppled him.
    Continue Reading

    Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz2BsRYQQs2


    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83678.htm


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadwood For This Useful Post:

    Cedric (11-11-2012)

  3. #2
    Points: 1,195, Level: 7
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered1000 Experience Points
    Czernobog's Avatar Member
    Karma
    368
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    186
    Points
    1,195
    Level
    7
    Thanks Given
    13
    Thanked 25x in 16 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6
    You're looking for conspiracies where there are none. Remember, what would be a "minor offense" in the normal world, constitutes a serious security risk in the cloak and dagger realm of Spy vs. Spy. Any kind of indiscretion that can be used as leverage against an agent is a problem. The DCI isn't just an average citizen who gets to shrug off affairs. They could be used against him, and therefore make him a serious liability.

    As I said in the other thread bout this, I actually respect the General for being honest about why he was leaving, instead of trotting out the tired, trite "...send time with my family" bull$#@!.
    You don't get to vote for the party that supported, and legislated government forced vaginal probes, and then claim to oppose Obama because he represents "increased government control, and power".

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Czernobog For This Useful Post:

    Captain Obvious (11-10-2012)

  5. #3
    Original Ranter
    Points: 190,179, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    81080
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    31,067
    Points
    190,179
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    9,390
    Thanked 10,761x in 7,826 Posts
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    You're looking for conspiracies where there are none. Remember, what would be a "minor offense" in the normal world, constitutes a serious security risk in the cloak and dagger realm of Spy vs. Spy. Any kind of indiscretion that can be used as leverage against an agent is a problem. The DCI isn't just an average citizen who gets to shrug off affairs. They could be used against him, and therefore make him a serious liability.

    As I said in the other thread bout this, I actually respect the General for being honest about why he was leaving, instead of trotting out the tired, trite "...send time with my family" bull$#@!.
    Agreed, kinda.

    But our legislative system is - everyone is $#@!ing everyone, maybe this was just a convenient excuse.

    Just ask Heidi Fleiss.
    my junk is ugly

  6. #4
    Points: 18,600, Level: 33
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,050
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience Points1 year registeredTagger Second Class
    Calypso Jones's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    4469
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,773
    Points
    18,600
    Level
    33
    Thanks Given
    673
    Thanked 1,090x in 820 Posts
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    50
    hmmm. i remember a couple weeks ago when i got ridiculed by lefties for saying the very same thing about a leftis politician being compromised. What a difference a stolen election makes.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

    Cedric (11-11-2012)

  8. #5
    Points: 4,508, Level: 15
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Cedric's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1370
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    420
    Points
    4,508
    Level
    15
    Thanks Given
    75
    Thanked 268x in 160 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Timing is everything, and not just in comedy.

    There's usually a lull after an election, the frenzied press corpse breathes a sigh of relief, and those too long in the limelight get some "me" time.

    Or that's how things generally go....and so it can maybe be allowed that resignation of an Obama top aide over a relatively minor scandal raises some eyebrows if not serious questions.

    Will be ever ge the goods on Benghazi?
    I do know that the leftwing press itself raised the issue the other day of whether or not Petraeus was so distracted by his affair and keeping it quiet that he failed to act or react as he should have done during the assault on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya. What this tells me is that the leftwing members of the press are still anxious enough about Benghazi actually turning into Benghazi-gate that they are ready to toss Petraus under the bus if necessary in order to continue providing spin and cover for their president.

    Will anything come of it? I have no idea. It depends on Daryl Issa and if the Republican dominated House of Representatives will allow him to continue investigating now that Obama has been re-elected. It seems to me that John Boehner is in a cowed and conciliatory mood of accommodation where Obama is concerned. We shall have to wait and see.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cedric For This Useful Post:

    Mainecoons (11-11-2012),The Little Dictator (11-11-2012)

  10. #6

    tPF Moderator
    Original Ranter
    V.I.P
    Points: 235,559, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Peter1469's Avatar Moderator Representative
    Karma
    54583
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    49,664
    Points
    235,559
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    21,995
    Thanked 15,838x in 11,605 Posts
    Mentioned
    1046 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    You're looking for conspiracies where there are none. Remember, what would be a "minor offense" in the normal world, constitutes a serious security risk in the cloak and dagger realm of Spy vs. Spy. Any kind of indiscretion that can be used as leverage against an agent is a problem. The DCI isn't just an average citizen who gets to shrug off affairs. They could be used against him, and therefore make him a serious liability.

    As I said in the other thread bout this, I actually respect the General for being honest about why he was leaving, instead of trotting out the tired, trite "...send time with my family" bull$#@!.

    With his wife's mug, nobody would have believed that anyway....

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

    Captain Obvious (11-11-2012)

  12. #7
    Points: 18,600, Level: 33
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,050
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience Points1 year registeredTagger Second Class
    Calypso Jones's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    4469
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,773
    Points
    18,600
    Level
    33
    Thanks Given
    673
    Thanked 1,090x in 820 Posts
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I do know that the leftwing press itself raised the issue the other day of whether or not Petraeus was so distracted by his affair and keeping it quiet that he failed to act or react as he should have done during the assault on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya. What this tells me is that the leftwing members of the press are still anxious enough about Benghazi actually turning into Benghazi-gate that they are ready to toss Petraus under the bus if necessary in order to continue providing spin and cover for their president.

    Will anything come of it? I have no idea. It depends on Daryl Issa and if the Republican dominated House of Representatives will allow him to continue investigating now that Obama has been re-elected. It seems to me that John Boehner is in a cowed and conciliatory mood of accommodation where Obama is concerned. We shall have to wait and see.
    Thus effectively putting the focus on Petraeus and his crazy girlfriend. Our presidebt now gets away with the coldblooded murder of 4 embassy employees. I bet the left will care when they're the abandoned. if ever.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

    Deadwood (11-11-2012)

  14. #8
    Points: 18,600, Level: 33
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,050
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience Points1 year registeredTagger Second Class
    Calypso Jones's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    4469
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,773
    Points
    18,600
    Level
    33
    Thanks Given
    673
    Thanked 1,090x in 820 Posts
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    50
    http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives...e-to-petraeus/

    this woman sounds crazed. And then i read that she tried to break it off and he was chasing her. Well, guys do go stark raving nutz when they're on......strange ground. I don't know if i believe he was chasing her although it could be the case. Maybe this is a fiction of the BMedia to make it more confusing which is likely the case knowing how the media works. Anyway. WHO CARE ABOUT THE DEAD EMBASSY EMPLOYEES.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

    Peter1469 (11-11-2012)

  16. #9
    Points: 16,522, Level: 31
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 928
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    shaarona's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    2473
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Southeast, USA
    Posts
    4,315
    Points
    16,522
    Level
    31
    Thanks Given
    610
    Thanked 443x in 383 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    Thus effectively putting the focus on Petraeus and his crazy girlfriend. Our presidebt now gets away with the coldblooded murder of 4 embassy employees. I bet the left will care when they're the abandoned. if ever.
    So now Obama is also in charge of everyone's sex life????

  17. #10
    Points: 11,465, Level: 25
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    truthmatters's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    -689
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,478
    Points
    11,465
    Level
    25
    Thanks Given
    324
    Thanked 125x in 113 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Remember when it was found out Bushs people were $#@!ing the oil lobbiests.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Forum Topsite Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO