William's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,818x in 1,689 Posts
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though I'm not a girl, I had some problems at my last school (where I was a boarder,) but that was when I was much younger - I'm not doing the tough guy thing; but I'm a lot bigger now and people know not to mess with me. But I did have to close my face book account recently, cos of some weirdos who I thought were kids, but asked me sex questions and wanted to meet up. WTF?

So yeh, they are out there, but it is a pretty stupid 11 or 12 year old (girl or boy) who 'friends' someone who is like in his twenties. But I think it is also down to this silly thing that teen girls have going - about not going out with boys their own age. It seems like a prestige thing with 15/16 year old girls to have 19/20 year old boyfriends - like don't they have any idea what makes them attractive to these older men? It sure isn't their quick minds and witty conversation!

TBH, I have very little sympathy with the girl in the story, or her friend. She seems like a scheming little b*tch, with no brains whatsoever, who just wants her own way. What is it with this 'my little Princess' thing with American dads? If she were a boy, he might get a swift kick up the arse, and chucked out of the house.
    Oh, I wish I were a glow worm,
    for a glow worm's never glum,
    'cause how can you be grumpy
    when the sun shines out your bum!

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,800
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesYour first GroupRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Adelaide's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,451x in 11,740 Posts
    Mentioned
    1723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Even though I'm not a girl, I had some problems at my last school (where I was a boarder,) but that was when I was much younger - I'm not doing the tough guy thing; but I'm a lot bigger now and people know not to mess with me. But I did have to close my face book account recently, cos of some weirdos who I thought were kids, but asked me sex questions and wanted to meet up. WTF?

So yeh, they are out there, but it is a pretty stupid 11 or 12 year old (girl or boy) who 'friends' someone who is like in his twenties. But I think it is also down to this silly thing that teen girls have going - about not going out with boys their own age. It seems like a prestige thing with 15/16 year old girls to have 19/20 year old boyfriends - like don't they have any idea what makes them attractive to these older men? It sure isn't their quick minds and witty conversation!

TBH, I have very little sympathy with the girl in the story, or her friend. She seems like a scheming little b*tch, with no brains whatsoever, who just wants her own way. What is it with this 'my little Princess' thing with American dads? If she were a boy, he might get a swift kick up the arse, and chucked out of the house.
    The "scheming little $#@!" was 10 years old.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adelaide For This Useful Post:

Casper (07-28-2017),DGUtley (07-28-2017),Ethereal (08-15-2017),silvereyes (08-16-2017)

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesYour first GroupRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    That's why if you're faced with this kind of a situation, you should just handle it yourself. Getting the authorities involved will only complicate matters.
    I do not think that is a realistic solution since it would likely involve breaking the law.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Adelaide For This Useful Post:

AeonPax (07-28-2017)

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 422
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,458x in 20,418 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you f*&king kidding me? The cops had the guy, they knew they had the right guy, they just couldn't do anything about it.
    let me guess, you didn't research your claim before posting...gotcha
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,041
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide View Post
    The "scheming little $#@!" was 10 years old.
    According to the article she 11 years old when it started and was 12 years old when it was written.

And this -

Cathy and Lucy would hide in toilet cubicles and ‘M’ would Facetime them on a secret phone or iPod. They were shown how to ‘piggy back’ off someone else’s wi-fi.
    https://williamhenryprince.com/2017/...-a-true-story/

Seems a lot like scheming to me - it wasn't being either sensible or honest.

I wasn't much older (like 13) when I started getting weird messages on Facebook, but as soon as I realised they were from old guys, I just stopped responding, and told them to bog off. And like we were all warned about 'stranger danger' when we were little.

So I'm not being unsympathetic to her, but she was being dishonest with her dad, and allowing her vanity to let her do silly things she wanted, which could have been very dangerous. Of course I blame the scumbag who was grooming her, but 11 or 12 year old kids are not brainless - they know what's going on if they want to.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the article she 11 years old when it started and was 12 years old when it was written.

And this -

I wasn't much older (like 13) when I started getting weird messages on Facebook, but as soon as I realised they were from old guys, I just stopped responding, and told them to bog off. And like we were all warned about 'stranger danger' when we were little.

So I'm not being unsympathetic to her, but she was being dishonest with her dad, and allowing her vanity to let her do silly things she wanted, which could have been very dangerous. Of course I blame the scumbag who was grooming her, but 11 or 12 year old kids are not brainless - they know what's going on if they want to.
    Pedophiles know how to groom young kids. They find a niche and exploit it. They leverage other kids to work for them. In this case, it was his daughter's friend who didn't realize that she too was being groomed. Pedophiles learn how to manipulate young minds and exploit the simplest thing.
    A few years back, a pedo assaulted the grandson of close friend. Since the pedo had established himself as a "friend," he manipulated the young boy by saying that he could face jail time. He convinced the boy that if he told on him, he would go to jail, and friends just didn't do that to each other. The grandfather found out by accident what was going on. The idiot pedo had left two computers at my friends house. When they turned those computers on, he found the two of them were filled with pedo material. He and his wife turn the computers over to the police. It took 7 months to finally arrest the pedo. In the meantime, the pedo played the same game. His friends watched the house, watched the kid at school, even tried to contact the kid directly. His friends threatened the grandfather because the pedo had convinced them it was his fault he was going to jail for snitching him out about manufacturing meth. They had no idea what they were doing, they were just helping a friend out.
    They arrested the guy on initial charges, but he made bail. They re-arrested him after they tore the computers apart.
    His charges went from a single count to 5 counts. This time, no bail. He pled guilty to the charges in a plea deal for a reduced sentence. I know, because my friend asked me to go to the hearing. The m'fer never looked at the family, but he was surprised to see me there.
    As it turn out, the pedo had told his friends that he was going to jail for some wild charge that had nothing to do with what was really going on.
    The pedo's buddies still harassed and intimidated my friend to the point that he had to move out of state. I'm the only one left that knows where he's at. I was threatened by his buddies who tried to get me to tell them where he moved to. I renewed my CCW.
    Footnote: they were all members of the Outlaws. A very large organization of bikers, I don't scare so easily. After a couple of years, they've left me alone, but am still occasionally followed by them. They're letting me know they're still around, watching me. I gave them nothing.
    This is the mind of a pedo and the circle they run in.

The kid, now a young man, is still in counseling. It tore the family up like you wouldn't believe.
    Because of his conviction and cooperation, the FBI was able to arrest 5 others. He's out now, after doing 21/2 of a five year sentence. I suspect he's back to his old tricks, because of the nature of his mind. He'll get caught again, I'm sure. But in the meantime, he's still out there doing his sh!t.
    My buddy wont' have a computer in the house, no IPhones. Just a landline. He'll go the distance to protect his grandson.
    Availability of social media has only increased the threat to our children. It comes at a price.
    And William, if I had come across as a 16 year old girl with pics and praise, you might have fallen for the deception. You were one of the lucky ones. It only takes on misstep, one carefully crafted grooming, and you might not be where you are.
    Make no mistake, they are cunning, well-organized and precise in what they do. They know their business. But somewhere down the road, that old man probably got someone else.
    Thanks for not alerting law enforcement to that guy, you just sentenced someone else to what might have been your fate
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin

9. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

resister (07-28-2017)

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

And this -

Calling young girls "scheming little $#@!es" is just wrong. That kind of language is never really alright, but it seems particularly offensive when used in relation to children. They are not even teenagers at the point this was begun.

And no, 11 and 12 year olds do not generally have the same awareness for random people that teenagers and adults do. Not only that, but the pedophile's job addresses the issues of trust, self-esteem, so forth. They target children that are more at-risk than others and more easily influenced and then they go through a process with that child.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adelaide For This Useful Post:

silvereyes (08-16-2017),stjames1_53 (07-28-2017)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    Pedophiles know how to groom young kids. They find a niche and exploit it. They leverage other kids to work for them. In this case, it was his daughter's friend who didn't realize that she too was being groomed. Pedophiles learn how to manipulate young minds and exploit the simplest thing.
    A few years back, a pedo assaulted the grandson of close friend. Since the pedo had established himself as a "friend," he manipulated the young boy by saying that he could face jail time. He convinced the boy that if he told on him, he would go to jail, and friends just didn't do that to each other. The grandfather found out by accident what was going on. The idiot pedo had left two computers at my friends house. When they turned those computers on, he found the two of them were filled with pedo material. He and his wife turn the computers over to the police. It took 7 months to finally arrest the pedo. In the meantime, the pedo played the same game. His friends watched the house, watched the kid at school, even tried to contact the kid directly. His friends threatened the grandfather because the pedo had convinced them it was his fault he was going to jail for snitching him out about manufacturing meth. They had no idea what they were doing, they were just helping a friend out.
    They arrested the guy on initial charges, but he made bail. They re-arrested him after they tore the computers apart.
    His charges went from a single count to 5 counts. This time, no bail. He pled guilty to the charges in a plea deal for a reduced sentence. I know, because my friend asked me to go to the hearing. The m'fer never looked at the family, but he was surprised to see me there.
    As it turn out, the pedo had told his friends that he was going to jail for some wild charge that had nothing to do with what was really going on.
    The pedo's buddies still harassed and intimidated my friend to the point that he had to move out of state. I'm the only one left that knows where he's at. I was threatened by his buddies who tried to get me to tell them where he moved to. I renewed my CCW.
    Footnote: they were all members of the Outlaws. A very large organization of bikers, I don't scare so easily. After a couple of years, they've left me alone, but am still occasionally followed by them. They're letting me know they're still around, watching me. I gave them nothing.
    This is the mind of a pedo and the circle they run in.

The kid, now a young man, is still in counseling. It tore the family up like you wouldn't believe.
    Because of his conviction and cooperation, the FBI was able to arrest 5 others. He's out now, after doing 21/2 of a five year sentence. I suspect he's back to his old tricks, because of the nature of his mind. He'll get caught again, I'm sure. But in the meantime, he's still out there doing his sh!t.
    My buddy wont' have a computer in the house, no IPhones. Just a landline. He'll go the distance to protect his grandson.
    Availability of social media has only increased the threat to our children. It comes at a price.
    And William, if I had come across as a 16 year old girl with pics and praise, you might have fallen for the deception. You were one of the lucky ones. It only takes on misstep, one carefully crafted grooming, and you might not be where you are.
    Make no mistake, they are cunning, well-organized and precise in what they do. They know their business. But somewhere down the road, that old man probably got someone else.
    Thanks for not alerting law enforcement to that guy, you just sentenced someone else to what might have been your fate
    I was going to thank you for that useful post, but then I read the last sentence. That was unfair - but I guess you were looking for something to criticise.

I was 13 then, and there were a couple of guys who chatted about computer games and sports for a while, and told me how smart they thought I was, but then started asking me very personal questions in a sort of joking manner. I didn't think too much about it, cos teens sometimes talk about those things (but usually only to brag about what they have done,) but then I worked out from a few things they said that they were not teens (one let slip that he had a grandson,) and I just stopped responding to them. When one of them asked me why, I politely told him I didn't understand what he was talking about, and not to contact me again. Neither bothered me again, and I was not aware that they broke any laws in talking to me on facebook, so what could I tell the police about it? Since then, on advice from my dad, I have closed my facebook page cos it had my photo on it, and I never give out any identifying information on the net now. But I would never have carried on a contacting guys like that in secret, against the wishes of my parents - why would I?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide View Post
    Calling young girls "scheming little $#@!es" is just wrong. That kind of language is never really alright, but it seems particularly offensive when used in relation to children. They are not even teenagers at the point this was begun.

And no, 11 and 12 year olds do not generally have the same awareness for random people that teenagers and adults do. Not only that, but the pedophile's job addresses the issues of trust, self-esteem, so forth. They target children that are more at-risk than others and more easily influenced and then they go through a process with that child.
    OK, I accept your criticism for using the words 'little $#@!' - it isn't a nice word (even though it only means a lady dog,) to use on anyone - no matter their age, and I take it back. But I have demonstrated that she was scheming, and was planning to meet this man at some time in direct defiance of her dad.

And there is not loads of difference between a 12 year old and a 13 year old - we know that cos we have all been there. Like I said, there is no excuse for what that man was trying to do, and the fact she was stupid and vain doesn't justify anything - but you must admit she was both selfish and dumb. What sort of relationship was she expecting between a 12 year old girl and a grownup man? And she wasn't a neglected or at-risk child. Her dad obviously loves her and does everything he can for her.

There are two separate issues here - one being adults who prey on children, which is always wrong. And the other being children or young teenagers who fall for that, despite the constant warnings from parents, teachers, the police, etc. which is willful ignorance.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to thank you for that useful post, but then I read the last sentence. That was unfair - but I guess you were looking for something to criticise.

I was 13 then, and there were a couple of guys who chatted about computer games and sports for a while, and told me how smart they thought I was, but then started asking me very personal questions in a sort of joking manner. I didn't think too much about it, cos teens sometimes talk about those things (but usually only to brag about what they have done,) but then I worked out from a few things they said that they were not teens (one let slip that he had a grandson,) and I just stopped responding to them. When one of them asked me why, I politely told him I didn't understand what he was talking about, and not to contact me again. Neither bothered me again, and I was not aware that they broke any laws in talking to me on facebook, so what could I tell the police about it? Since then, on advice from my dad, I have closed my facebook page cos it had my photo on it, and I never give out any identifying information on the net now. But I would never have carried on a contacting guys like that in secret, against the wishes of my parents - why would I?
    IF the last sentence offended you, good! You kept a pedo from getting caught. You failed in your due diligence. These asswipes need to be removed from society.
    and yet you claim to be so mature, yet you failed his next target.
    - Thucydides

+ Reply to Thread