Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 210x in 170 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    No, but people on this forum are ignorant, hateful, and childish enough to want to take other people's "toys" and give them away. Not their own, of course. But, demonizing "those people" is what the left is all about. The secession petitions are obviously symbolic but the destruction of the country is not symbolic. The destruction of the Constitution is not symbolic.
    Hey, we do not care if the rich guys got extra toys. Its all the extra money just sitting around in off shore accounts, not really being used which is kind of annoying. More of that money could be cycled through the economy, which, after it does, will work its way back to where it came from anyway.

And where the Constitutional amendments are violated, I am the first Democrat to be crying foul, like I did when Clinton admin let the gun control fanatics try to end run the 2nd amendment. Like I did, when Bush/Cheney said a preemptive strike against another country which had not attacked USA, was legit. Like I did when Obama signed NDAA 2012, and still not happy about that. Like I did when Supreme Court nominee (Alito) at the time, was all in favor of the "unitary executive" interpretation, which I was opposed to, and now the Conservatives see why its not such a good idea.

So the USA is really not quite so far apart on a lot of issues as the political juxtapositioning game that the media use to get ratings implies.

Besides that, every 2 years, things can be brought to an abrupt halt, and there is always the bribing of Congress that continues, so really, is it not kind of a joke to be thinking that a US President is anything more than just a figurehead?
    Last edited by GrumpyDog; 11-14-2012 at 08:37 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrumpyDog For This Useful Post:

bladimz (11-14-2012),Czernobog (11-14-2012)