Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,745x in 1,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrassrootsConservative View Post
    http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2012...bit-early.html

Black Friday, the "holiday" that directly follows Thanksgiving in which many millions of people get started on their Christmas shopping, is going to arrive early for many retailers and shoppers.

Earlier and earlier every year. I went shopping on November 1st and was already seeing places with Christmas stuff for sale. It's kind of unfair to turkey day.

Is this what America is becoming? We're giving up a meaningful dinner with family so that we can go buy more crap we can't afford? I get that we live in a material world and everything, but this seems a little ridiculous to me.

Just my opinion, but I love thanksgiving. Sitting down with those closest to you that you haven't seen in forever and eating a $#@! ton of $#@!in amazing food. Stuffing yourself full and then passing out for the night.

Now what? Eat some half-assed meal of turkey and gravy before you hit the early sales to save that dime?

$#@! that. Not me. Count me out, I love Thanksgiving.
    Well, *I'm* with you on this, GRC. I love Christmas, but I detest the fact that the Christmas season seems to open with Halloween these days. I know people that are already putting their trees up this coming weekend, FFS. I love to cook; I learned how to make a full Thanksgiving feast with my Mom by the time I was 15. My son was even younger; he loves cooking too and took Home Ec in 8th grade....his final exam was to plan, shop for, prepare, cook, and serve a full meal and clean up afterwards....and he chose Thanksgiving! That year, I got to sit back and supervise....it was tough to keep my hands off, but he did an outstanding job with my special holiday recipes (and his wife thanks me every chance she gets that he's so kitchen-savvy, lol). I REFUSE to have anything to do with Christmas until after the family Thanks holiday is done.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oceanloverOH For This Useful Post:

Conley (11-13-2012),GrassrootsConservative (11-13-2012)