User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's take ALL the money from the Rich, then what?

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,999
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Calypso Jones's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,860x in 6,374 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bladimz View Post
    Why is the conservative right so freakin' worried about the rich and their taxes? The rich obviously had no problem making a buck during the Clinton and Reagan administration, and there's no reason why they should have a problem now. Remember that the wealthy includes conservatives AND liberals. That might some happy that some of that tax revenue will be coming out of pockets of liberals.
    but none of it will be coming out of yours so you're okay with it?

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,120
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Deadwood's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,752x in 1,198 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wazi99 View Post
    I think its important to note that the Bush Tax Cuts happened 5 full years before the mortgage markets went bad.

Cigar can you please explain how tax cuts caused the Mortgage Markets to collapse?

Sorry. Mr. Cigar never replies to any answers that might cause himself, the DNC or any member of the Obama clan any form of embarrassment., indignity or snot to dribble.

Please forward your question to one capable and willing to provide an answer; having a brain that works is an asset
    Last edited by Deadwood; 11-14-2012 at 03:51 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadwood For This Useful Post:

Bane (11-14-2012)

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,999
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Calypso Jones's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,860x in 6,374 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You DO know that a return to the pre-Bush tax rates will bring in a revenue of 1 trillion dollars in tax revenue alone. That's not chump change and it's a big deal.
    I know it looks like that in the mind of a leftist...but that's not the reality of it...and ESPECIALLY NOW. You're gonna see more and more conservatives and i'll bet democrats too, picking up their ball, selling it off and going home. We're not gonna help, not gonna hinder, but not gonna help.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,769
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mainecoons's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,437x in 4,426 Posts
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That trillion dollar number looks impressive, Blad, until one realizes that it is a totally grab ass guess over a long period when all we know for sure is the much more short term estimate by CBO that it MIGHT raise $100 billion per year assuming that the rich all the sudden lose their proven skill in tax avoidance, which is also nonsense.

And tell us Blad, just where is Mr. Obama offering any real spending cuts, and NO I don't mean lower spending increases, as a compromise for this tax increase. Nope, just another one-sided Obama non-compromise exercise in fanning divisive class warfare and squeezing the already primary payers of the tax burden more.

This has nothing to do with any serious attempt to do anything about the disastrous ObamaDeficits and everything to do with yours, and his, obsession with class warfare and hatred. That's all it is and that is why you harp on it incessantly while dodging the question of where the spending cuts are.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mainecoons For This Useful Post:

Deadwood (11-30-2012)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,397
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    bladimz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,497x in 1,146 Posts
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    but none of it will be coming out of yours so you're okay with it?
    If you're wondering if i pay my taxes, yes. I do. It comes out of my pocket. And i don't whine about it. I don't like how it's spent, but i don't whine about paying my tax bill. It's part of living here in America.
    Please note: verbage enclosed by < > indicates sarcasm

"There's class war alright. But it's my class that's making the war. And we're winning it." - Warren Buffet

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    I know it looks like that in the mind of a leftist...but that's not the reality of it...and ESPECIALLY NOW. You're gonna see more and more conservatives and i'll bet democrats too, picking up their ball, selling it off and going home. We're not gonna help, not gonna hinder, but not gonna help.
    If you aren't going to help, then you are hindering. If you don't think we're in this together, then you're the one struggling with reality. If you don't like sharing the load, pull out.

"There's class war alright. But it's my class that's making the war. And we're winning it." - Warren Buffet

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Bane's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 158x in 113 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're wondering if i pay my taxes, yes. I do. It comes out of my pocket. And i don't whine about it. I don't like how it's spent, but i don't whine about paying my tax bill. It's part of living here in America.
    Oh my, so even you, a liberal, don't like how your taxes are being spent, BUT YOU STILL HAVE NO PROBLEM empowering that same entity that you don't like how their spending YOUR tax dollars, to grab MORE tax dollars from people, to be spent............where???????

LMAO! This is just nuts.

"I don't like how they spend my tax dollars, BUT I want tem to take more of other people's money. For what, I don't know, it just sounds like the right thing to do."

If you don't like how your tax dollars are being spent, then what in God's name are you doing empowering the same government to take more money away from people????????? This is crazy man, just crazy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bane For This Useful Post:

Deadwood (11-30-2012)

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Bane's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 158x in 113 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you aren't going to help, then you are hindering. If you don't think we're in this together, then you're the one struggling with reality. If you don't like sharing the load, pull out.
    Not going to help what????

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoons View Post
    That trillion dollar number looks impressive, Blad, until one realizes that it is a totally grab ass guess over a long period when all we know for sure is the much more short term estimate by CBO that it MIGHT raise $100 billion per year assuming that the rich all the sudden lose their proven skill in tax avoidance, which is also nonsense.

And tell us Blad, just where is Mr. Obama offering any real spending cuts, and NO I don't mean lower spending increases, as a compromise for this tax increase. Nope, just another one-sided Obama non-compromise exercise in fanning divisive class warfare and squeezing the already primary payers of the tax burden more.

This has nothing to do with any serious attempt to do anything about the disastrous ObamaDeficits and everything to do with yours, and his, obsession with class warfare and hatred. That's all it is and that is why you harp on it incessantly while dodging the question of where the spending cuts are.
    I really don't recall "dodging" any spending-cut questions. But whatever you want... I don't know exactly what spending cuts Obama has suggested, honestly. But i've already said, and you know this, that increased tax revenue plus serious spending cuts is the only realistic way to attack this problem. If Obama and his democrats refuse to offer those cuts, they're just as failed as the GOP and their bull-headed mindset.

This phrase, "class warfare" really sends a tingle up your leg, apparently. You use it all the time, yet all you can as "proof" is an expectation that the 2% pay the pre-bush tax-cut rate that they paid back then. Was it "class warfare" then? I don't remember anyone pissing their pants about it then. But now... you and your broken-record rant cry out for the pain that the rich will quietly bear. You and i both know, as you mentioned in your first paragraph, that these guys will find their way to circumvent a portion of that. In fact, i would bet that they'd enjoy the challenge.

Remember:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,899x in 54,716 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    All with the collusion of our government.

+ Reply to Thread