Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,273x in 864 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=resister;2176513]
    Quote Originally Posted by resister View Post
    Much agreed, I have to be ever vigilant for signs of infections. I think her insurance ran out, she was running 4 infections at once. No more infections, her white blood cell count was 8,000 today (normal is 5 to 10,000) She topped out at 28,000[/QUOTE @Doublejack I think reefer saved her life, 9 days after the major surgery (laparotomy, 20 staples) she was toking up and coughing, her incision started to bleed, prompting me to call 911, she had a massive case of septicemia and a brain infection.

If the coughing fit did not cause her to bleed, that infection would of gone unchecked. She kissed the reaper.

Wow! Scary story but that's awesome it worked out the way it did.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Doublejack For This Useful Post:

resister (10-10-2017)

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=resister;2176513]
    Quote Originally Posted by resister View Post
    Much agreed, I have to be ever vigilant for signs of infections. I think her insurance ran out, she was running 4 infections at once. No more infections, her white blood cell count was 8,000 today (normal is 5 to 10,000) She topped out at 28,000[/QUOTE @Doublejack I think reefer saved her life, 9 days after the major surgery (laparotomy, 20 staples) she was toking up and coughing, her incision started to bleed, prompting me to call 911, she had a massive case of septicemia and a brain infection.

If the coughing fit did not cause her to bleed, that infection would of gone unchecked. She kissed the reaper.
    Christ man.... Good on ya for staying the course. I had a relative with septic shock in ICU. Those $#@!ing $#@!s gave me the death speech and then pulled the costly life saving measures.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,268
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Hal Jordan's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,795x in 4,453 Posts
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    She really should do rehab, it works.
    For those who want it to. Otherwise, it's easy to give them what they want until they let you out. My niece did court mandated rehab, and as soon as she got out, she went straight back to selling herself for drugs. Lost rights to even live with her first son because of it (my parents adopted him, so he's in a much better situation anyway). I think she may have finally turned things around, but I have no way of knowing for sure, being so far away.
    "For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'." John Greenleaf Whittier

"Our minds control our bodies. Our bodies control our enemies. Our enemies control jack shit by the time we're done with them." Stick

+ Reply to Thread