Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,583x in 26,045 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    I think "sometimes" is an understatement. I defended Obama sometimes and conditionally. You seem to defend Trump constantly and seemingly without conditions and never post criticisms. This post I'm quoting right now is literally the first one critical of the current president that I've seen you make since March. If I've missed something between then and now (which I suppose is entirely possible), I apologize. I'm going based on the consistent pattern of behavior that I've seen from you of late.
    It's not my fault that liberals and progressives tend to make so many asinine criticisms of Trump. My criticisms of Trump tend to be more on the substantive side, which is probably why you never took notice of them.

Then there must be something I'm missing!
    That's an understatement.

Here's the scoop on that from a perspective (on this particular issue anyway) highly similar to my own.

(Disclaimer: No, referencing this site does not constitute a personal endorsement of all their views. Just those voiced in this article.)

Here's the scoop on that. My perspective: this is more than a Trump ego trip. Collecting the personal information of those who voted against you is an extremely dangerous thing that threatens official retaliation against those voters for casting their ballots for the 'wrong candidate'.
    Yea, I'm not really interested in hashing those issues out in this thread. I merely offered an explanation as to why I haven't commented on them yet. I simply do not know enough about them.

To answer your queries: It wasn't rhetorical and I trust your word on that, so no worries!
    If you trusted my word, then we wouldn't be having this discussion, would we?

Neither have I seen you criticize it though is the thing.
    So what? That doesn't mean I support it.

*shrugs* I proceed based on what I know, what patterns I see, not based on what I don't. I don't know what else you expect of me.
    You obviously don't pay very much attention then, because I've been a member of this forum for almost four years. I have literally thousands and thousands of posts detailing my opposition to authoritarian government policies.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Devil'sAdvocate's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 87x in 71 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    While we've rightly been focused lately on racist and sexist attacks coming from the political right wing (the alt-right in particular) of late, I think something needs to also be said about sexist attitudes emanating from the political left wing, which derive from a certain obsession with inclusiveness and political correctness. I kinda want to get your (anyone's, but especially forum leftists') input on how far with that is going too far.

Earlier this summer, Teen Vogue made a name for themselves online with an article explaining how to ask your boyfriend for anal sex (which I'm sure requires much persuading) and describing the ostensible nature of the experience. Included was the following diagram of the female anatomy. See if you notice any curious omissions.

Attachment 19704

In case you missed them, let me point a couple things out to you that you wouldn't have missed if you were female:

1) The word woman. You see, "non-prostrate owners" are generally called women, girls, or females. None of those terms can be found either in the above diagram or in the corresponding article! Instead, the article opts for the term "vagina owners" throughout. That and 2) there is no clitoris in this ostensible anatomy of the female privates. That’s right: the sexual organ primarily responsible for women's orgasms was omitted from an instructive diagram about sex aimed at women, or, more specifically, teenage girls! (Perspective for our male readers: that's sort of like excluding the penis from a diagram of the male privates.) But they sure want your daughter(s) to have painful anal sex!

Between those two things, a theme of subtle misogyny emerges.

Stigmatizing references to female human beings has indeed become in vogue in liberal and left corners more broadly of late. In recent years, we have seen the replacement of women's studies classes with "gender studies" classes as another example. The funniest example I've found though came from the Green Party last year when "#GreenPartyFeminism" infamously decided to embrace the term "non-male", whereupon the non-men of the world united in objecting to the implication that men are the default gender and that women are simply extensions of men whose existence cannot be acknowledged. Anyway, the regularly-stated purpose for so doing is to be inclusive of transgender people. And yet, the reality of the matter is that this trend toward eliminating all gender references save for references to men has the inescapable effect of erasing all acknowledgment of the existence of anyone else, and of women in particular. The rest of us just become one big blah with no identity.

Getting back to this Teen Vogue article, I'm not sure it's just a coincidence that they're erasing all references to women and simultaneously erasing the female anatomy. And that's what I mean about misogynistic attitudes on the left. When the article was challenged on these grounds, the magazine's male owner responded by tweeting that "The backlash to this article is rooted in homophobia. It's also laced in arcane delusion about what it means to be a young person today." Here's a quick biology lesson for you on why that's not true: Men's bodies are better equipped to enjoy anal sex because 1) men have penises, and 2) men have prostates, which are conducive to butt orgasms. Women, on the other hand, have neither of those things.

You can see here that the liberal publication's strategy of defending their sexist errors with claims of oppressing other disadvantaged groups is consistent. According to the logic of Teen Vogue and a great many other liberal and left people and organizations, by existing, women like me are oppressing transgender people, both male and female. And by having a clitoris and no sex organs in our asses, we are oppressing gay men. You see what I mean about how this level of obsession with "inclusiveness" and political correctness can come across as sexist?
    Honestly this could be condensed to just the following

"Adult man trying to talk to strangers' pre-teen girls about anal sex".

Just a deviant mind not really worthy of any pretentious micro-analizing.

+ Reply to Thread