Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,107x in 4,132 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    OK, sorry if I have butted in on a private conversation, and thanks for your confidence.

And yes, I know of the efforts to get rid of me, which nearly succeeded, but Admin and my friends here - which include yourself - convinced me to stay.

All I was trying to do was to point out what the VIP room should be and what it is intended to be - no matter what some members, and some VIPs, think. I think the whole idea of VIPs is misunderstood by most of the membership.
    Point well taken.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bethere For This Useful Post:

William (09-03-2017)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,310x in 10,922 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Jordan View Post
    Are there any other thoughts or ideas?
    I posted actual thoughts and reasons earlier in this thread. Just reading this thread you can see why ruling by consensus wont work. There are too many opinions, persuasions, personality conflicts and of course the Political perspectives and along with all that comes the bickering

The VIP system was not an issue for a long time, its become an issue and you can all fill in your own reasons.

Having a VIP system creates a caste systm on the forum and a closed society, that chooses who can and cant be in the club amongst themselves, ridiculous. Since theyve started posting infractions there are posters on this forum who have never had an infraction and who could never be elected to VIP, the standards for VIP are what then? , obviously its not who obeys the rules or not, its who the VIPS like and who they dont, proof of that there are vips that have gotten infractions and are still VIPS.

Nothing runs right on a big group consensus, you get what you got here and on a smaller scale amongst the VIPS. There should be a few that members look to for leadership <mods> not a whole group in a private club. Obviously personalities come into play, interactions between vips and members on the main forum with different political views creates animosity, then they go behind closed doors and vote on that person, Ridiculous

If you are going to keep VIPS, they should be chosen by the admin and the moderators he chose, not amongst themselves making it a clique.

Personally I believe VIPS should be chosen by forum participation, being a regular poster for a period of time basically loyal to the forum. Its more a regular member status highlight of their names with vips having nothing to say how the forum is run and absolutely nothing to say on other members
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

resister (09-03-2017)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,268
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Hal Jordan's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,795x in 4,453 Posts
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, it seems that all thoughts regarding the VIP system have been given. We want to thank all of you for your input. The Mods and VIPs will take all of them into serious discussion. If there are any further thoughts, feel free to send them to me via PM. We will inform everyone of any changes coming forth. Again, thank you all for your input.
    "For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'." John Greenleaf Whittier

"Our minds control our bodies. Our bodies control our enemies. Our enemies control jack shit by the time we're done with them." Stick

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal Jordan For This Useful Post:

Chris (09-04-2017)

Closed Thread