User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Never Taught In Our Pubic Schools. A Time When More Slaves In The Americas Were White

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,470x in 36,445 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsouth View Post
    There are records of Irish sold as slaves in 1664 to the French on St. Bartholomew, and English ships which made a stop in Ireland enroute to the Americas, typically had a cargo of Irish to sell on into the 18th century.
    Few people today realize that from 1600 to 1699, far more Irish were sold as slaves than Africans.
    By English traders? I can believe that. I don't about "far more" but it's certainly a mixed group in the 1600s.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BTW, is that a Chindit? Or one of Merrill’s Marauders?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    jimsouth's Avatar Junior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15x in 13 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were periods when white slaves vastly outnumberd black slaves. The point is the facts are never taught. So when every black leader, every, only blacks were slaves, crying the blues liberal stands up and tells the world that whites suffered equally, if not more than blacks; then they can just STFU and continue to ferment in their hypocrital cesspool. Oh yeah, the only ( but very significant ) difference was, the Irish were taken by armed British military, while black , so called, African kings, sold their own people to Arab slavers.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,627
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    KC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,042x in 2,810 Posts
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many people today will avoid calling the Irish slaves what they truly were: Slaves. They’ll come up with terms like “Indentured Servants” to describe what occurred to the Irish. However, in most cases from the 17th and 18th centuries, Irish slaves were nothing more than human cattle.

As an example, the African slave trade was just beginning during this same period. It is well recorded that African slaves, not tainted with the stain of the hated Catholic theology and more expensive to purchase, were often treated far better than their Irish counterparts.

African slaves were very expensive during the late 1600s (50 Sterling). Irish slaves came cheap (no more than 5 Sterling). If a planter whipped or branded or beat an Irish slave to death, it was never a crime. A death was a monetary setback, but far cheaper than killing a more expensive African.
    You are right. White indentured servants were exploited pretty harshly, nearly to the point of being slaves. I guess the main difference is that once indentured servants had served their full time of servitude, they were allowed to leave. In a lot of cases they didn't and when they did they often continued to work for and rely on their former masters. The difference here is mostly semantic.

I intend to teach history if I can make my way into the competitive field, and like my AP American History teacher in high school, I would teach about the conditions of the indentured servants. It's so important to understanding the resulting slave trade with blacks afterwards, different rebellion that happened in the colonies and basically American History until the civil war.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Slavery was a worldwide institution and moral objections to slavery and, more imporantly, practical steps to end it were largely the province of whites.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,627
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    KC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,042x in 2,810 Posts
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Slavery was a worldwide institution and moral objections to slavery and, more imporantly, practical steps to end it were largely the province of whites.
    I would argue that the end of slavery in America was inevitable as a result of industrial and agricultural advancements.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kathaariancode View Post
    I would argue that the end of slavery in America was inevitable as a result of industrial and agricultural advancements.
    Americans assumed the same thing prior to the invention of the cotton gin. The fact is that it took a major war and the utter devestation of the southern USA to achieve what northern capitalists desired.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15x in 13 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's my father. He was with the OSS - CBI. He and 40 other Americans were in Burma almost 8 months before the president told America. He saw Merrill come and go; and he and his men were still there right to the end. Also 200 Gurkah troops. I actually have a kukri knife that took heads off. My dad said he had never seen more fearless soldiers than Gurkahs. I remember my dad saying, The Burma - Ledo roads were wide open and safe, and Merrill the dumb $#@! was dragging mules through the deepest part of the jungle. Burma is up and down and up and down. Up and down a dozen small mountains to the tune of 100 miles in order to gain 30 miles.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jimsouth For This Useful Post:

Mister D (11-15-2012)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's my father. He was with the OSS - CBI. He and 40 other Americans were in Burma almost 8 months before the president told America. He saw Merrill come and go; and he and his men were still there right to the end. Also 200 Gurkah troops. I actually have a kukri knife that took heads off. My dad said he had never seen more fearless soldiers than Gurkahs. I remember my dad saying, The Burma - Ledo roads were wide open and safe, and Merrill the dumb $#@! was dragging mules through the deepest part of the jungle. Burma is up and down and up and down. Up and down a dozen small mountains to the tune of 100 miles in order to gain 30 miles.
    Cool story.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15x in 13 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me, this does not point to indentured servants: African slaves were very expensive during the late 1600s (50 Sterling). Irish slaves came cheap (no more than 5 Sterling). If a planter whipped or branded or beat an Irish slave to death, it was never a crime. A death was a monetary setback, but far cheaper than killing a more expensive African.

+ Reply to Thread