Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,612x in 4,342 Posts
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @the OP:

I'm voting for Matt Damon. He's extremely hot AND he supports teachers!

Alternately, if Grassy has a pipeline that renders his signature an offer, I'll take him up on that.

(Kidding of course. Actually I'm good. I've got someone kinda sorta. It's complicated. 8 inches and very cute facial features' worth of complication. )
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 11-17-2012 at 06:59 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (11-17-2012)

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,738x in 15,327 Posts
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    @the OP:

(Kidding of course. Actually I'm good. I've got someone kinda sorta. It's complicated. 8 inches and very cute facial features' worth of complication. )
    Batteries not included is kinda, sorta complicated.

J-K Polly.
    It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    truthmatters's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 125x in 113 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah you look at the men in this sex scandal and just go no thanks.

the women are nice looking women but with souls and minds set on the most discusting setting a woman can make and not break laws.

I would rather any daugther of mine be a 4 one these creeps "F"ability scores and act like a decent human being.

dont let the little one think for the big one.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,118x in 94,140 Posts
    Mentioned
    2547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some women target men with power. Of course they have to be hot to be successful.

Achievements:
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Some women target men with power. Of course they have to be hot to be successful.
    Reckon that's why Lewinsky is/was such a fail ??

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 2,046
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,612x in 4,342 Posts
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Statistically speaking, women as a sex have typically found themselves at a significant material disadvantage relative to men as a sex throughout recorded history. Being at such a disadvantage does tend to impact one's "strategizing" when it comes to mating. You need to survive and traditionally "marrying up" has been the only plausible means of social and economic advancement that women have had as an option. These realities of patriarchy distort the nature of relationships and make them substantially about economics, at least for women. Men have traditionally found themselves at a material advantage, by contrast, and thus it isn't surprising to find that they don't as readily understand why anyone might weigh factors like affluence when considering romantic partnership. It kind of reminds me of how some rich people say that money can't buy happiness. The people who say that should try going without it for a while and see how happy they are! Wealth may not be all there is to life and fulfillment, but you definitely need some to feel basically secure, I assure you!

The importance of "hot" is growing for women, however, as a result of the decreasing nature of their economic disadvantage in this country and in the First World more broadly. Slowly but surely women are starting to think of sex and relationships more like men do. Sweden has the world's smallest gender gap in terms of wealth distribution. Swedish women's reported top sexual fantasies differ markedly from those of American women in that they're more assertive ones. Swedish women, like American men, find ideas like casual sex and younger partners to be among the biggest turn-ons. That is the trajectory things go along as gender-wealth grows more equal overall: people think increasingly alike when it comes to romantic and sexual interests. Men increasingly rival women in terms of "golddigger" status and women start valuing "hotness" (often of an exploitative nature) almost as much as men.

I would love to say that eventually we'll reach a point where everyone is primarily valued for substantive reasons like the content of their character, but I doubt that will ever happen. We're animals and, for the most part, we're going to act like it forever I suspect. That said, I do believe that our culture places far too much stress on external perfection and that we most certainly CAN AND SHOULD do something about that. Some positive things are already happening in that connection this year, with Vogue (the standard-bearer for the fashion industry) finally turning away from its use of underweight models, for example. I think the growing nature of the contradiction between our weight as a society and that of our models that we see all the time (we're getting fatter over time while our models are getting thinner) has rendered unhealthy, unplausible beauty standards more controversial then ever, as well they should be.

As to the whole Petraeus sex scandal nonsense, admittedly I've hardly bothered keeping myself informed on it. It's an issue I'm sure, but it's just not a priority for me. I'm a lot more concerned about the fiscal cliff dialogues and the war we're fighting in Afghanistan that hasn't gotten even 10% as much press attention as this silly sex scandal that apparently didn't even endanger national security in any way.
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 11-17-2012 at 09:53 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (11-17-2012)

Achievements:
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As to the whole Petraeus sex scandal nonsense, admittedly I've hardly bothered keeping myself informed on it. It's an issue I'm sure, but it's just not a priority for me. I'm a lot more concerned about the fiscal cliff dialogues and the war we're fighting in Afghanistan that hasn't gotten even 10% as much press attention as this silly sex scandal that apparently didn't even endanger national security in any way.
    You do know why don't you ??

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,118x in 94,140 Posts
    Mentioned
    2547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Statistically speaking, women as a sex have typically found themselves at a significant material disadvantage relative to men as a sex throughout recorded history. Being at such a disadvantage does tend to impact one's "strategizing" when it comes to mating. You need to survive and traditionally "marrying up" has been the only plausible means of social and economic advancement that women have had as an option. These realities of patriarchy distort the nature of relationships and make them substantially about economics, at least for women. Men have traditionally found themselves at a material advantage, by contrast, and thus it isn't surprising to find that they don't as readily understand why anyone might weigh factors like affluence when considering romantic partnership. It kind of reminds me of how some rich people say that money can't buy happiness. The people who say that should try going without it for a while and see how happy they are! Wealth may not be all there is to life and fulfillment, but you definitely need some to feel basically secure, I assure you!

The importance of "hot" is growing for women, however, as a result of the decreasing nature of their economic disadvantage in this country and in the First World more broadly. Slowly but surely women are starting to think of sex and relationships more like men do. Sweden has the world's smallest gender gap in terms of wealth distribution. Swedish women's reported top sexual fantasies differ markedly from those of American women in that they're more assertive ones. Swedish women, like American men, find ideas like casual sex and younger partners to be among the biggest turn-ons. That is the trajectory things go along as gender-wealth grows more equal overall: people think increasingly alike when it comes to romantic and sexual interests. Men increasingly rival women in terms of "golddigger" status and women start valuing "hotness" (often of an exploitative nature) almost as much as men.

I would love to say that eventually we'll reach a point where everyone is primarily valued for substantive reasons like the content of their character, but I doubt that will ever happen. We're animals and, for the most part, we're going to act like it forever I suspect. That said, I do believe that our culture places far too much stress on external perfection and that we most certainly CAN AND SHOULD do something about that. Some positive things are already happening in that connection this year, with Vogue (the standard-bearer for the fashion industry) finally turning away from its use of underweight models, for example. I think the growing nature of the contradiction between our weight as a society and that of our models that we see all the time (we're getting fatter over time while our models are getting thinner) has rendered unhealthy, unplausible beauty standards more controversial then ever, as well they should be.

Good points on sexual relationships.

Regarding the CIA sex scandal- numerous Directors of the CIA have had affairs. I don't think that was the issue. RUMIT (rumor intel) has it that the CIA disliked Petraeus. I am trying to find out why now. But it looks like Petraeus used the scandal as a way out.

+ Reply to Thread