Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

College Football Starting Tomorrow

To get you fired up (there is a cat theme tonight)!

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This will come as a huge surprise but this guy ^^^ got fired.

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    sec's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53x in 38 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait to see who faces USC in the BCS championship game.

Bama really showed me something the other day but it was after all a Big 10 team so one can't really judge based upon that. How will Bama do against Georgia in the SEC Championship game or can the post-Petrino Hawgs get it done during conference play vs Bama

If Bama gets past the Hawgs and beats the Dawgs then God pity USC in the Championship game because no team will beat them.

Maybe the Ducks will pull an upset over USC and we'll watch the Tide dismantle Oregon because Oregon cannot handle a world class SEC defense.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sec For This Useful Post:

Conley (09-04-2012)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey good to see ya round SEC...I can guess which conference you're cheering for. Saw Bama passed USC in the poll today.

You forgot to mention LSU They might have something to say...still think Bama gets it but LSU will give Bama more of a fight than Oregon will give USC imo...some time soon the hammer will drop on Kelly and his crooked program

Achievements:
    sec's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53x in 38 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conley View Post
    Hey good to see ya round SEC...I can guess which conference you're cheering for. Saw Bama passed USC in the poll today.

You forgot to mention LSU They might have something to say...still think Bama gets it but LSU will give Bama more of a fight than Oregon will give USC imo...some time soon the hammer will drop on Kelly and his crooked program
    Oregon has speed and that's enough against most PAC 12 teams. Last year was the best team Oregon had fielded and we saw what happened against a good SEC team. The cream in the SEC are just too much for other teams and that's just not pride of conference speaking.

Would Luck have looked as good if he played against Bama or LSU? I think not.

But, USC makes me nervous and the Bulldogs make me nervous because they could take away Bama's chance of returning to the BCS championship by winning the SEC title which would leave USC vs FSU.

All USC needs to do is hammer the Ducks defensively and they march into the championship

But, if the Tide does survive the Dawgs, and they are full strength and not injured, then they will defeat USC. My worry is the Dawgs will just beat them down. That is life in the SEC.......best damn conference bar none

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassYour first Group10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Akula's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 786x in 577 Posts
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LSU is VERY motivated to play alabama again.
    We're still pissed off at coach Miles for leaving the thug Jefferson in at QB after he proved he was incompetent, rather than give the kid who GOT THEM THERE a chance.
    Thankfully jefferson is gone now..Working at mcdonalds? Wal mart?
    I know tampa gave him a tryout but ended up waiving him.

Anyway..LSU has its' QB issues settled for the first time in 4 years...Let's see who can stop our running game now that we have a legitimate passing threat to keep them honest.

Achievements:
    sec's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53x in 38 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akula View Post
    LSU is VERY motivated to play alabama again.
    We're still pissed off at coach Miles for leaving the thug Jefferson in at QB after he proved he was incompetent, rather than give the kid who GOT THEM THERE a chance.
    Thankfully jefferson is gone now..Working at mcdonalds? Wal mart?
    I know tampa gave him a tryout but ended up waiving him.

Anyway..LSU has its' QB issues settled for the first time in 4 years...Let's see who can stop our running game now that we have a legitimate passing threat to keep them honest.
    I think LSU may experience a brain fart at times. When they play the Hawgs the last game of the season might be when it costs them

Both Bama and LSU will be focused when they meet and each team has something to prove. Of all the coaches out there I think "the hat" is best suited to beat Saban.

Achievements:
    Akula's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sec View Post
    I think LSU may experience a brain fart at times. When they play the Hawgs the last game of the season might be when it costs them

Both Bama and LSU will be focused when they meet and each team has something to prove. Of all the coaches out there I think "the hat" is best suited to beat Saban.
    ..and as you know..LSU fans respect Saban..but we hate his guts....

Oh..we've gone through some growing pains with Miles, but I have to say..he's a decent, honest, upright guy.
    I remember a few years ago right before a big bowl game there were rumors he'd leave and go to his alma mater (who were trying to recruit him) after the season because his contract was up after the bowl game. He denied it but the media (especially ESPN) basically called him a liar..They said "well of course he'll deny it but after this bowl game he's gone"

http://blog.nola.com/times-picayune/...ly_denies.html
    ATLANTA - An obviously seething Les Miles angrily refuted reports Saturday that he was leaving his coaching job at LSU to head to his alma mater, Michigan. At a press conference hours before LSU plays Tennessee in the Southeastern Conference championship game, Miles strode to a podium inside the Georgia Dome, refused to sit down, and spoke off the cuff for barely a minute.

"There was misinformation on ESPN and I think imperative that I straighten it out," Miles began, refering to Saturday morning reports on the sports network that he would be Michigan's next coach. "I am the head coach at LSU, I will be the head coach at LSU, I have no interest in talking to anybody else, I've got a championship game to play, and I'm excited about the opportunity of my damn strong football team to play it."
    Stung by the morning broadcast, Miles said he took steps to reassure the Tigers he would remain their coach.
    "It was unfortunate that I had to address my team with this information this morning, but that being done I think we'll be ready to play," he said. "I represent me in this issue. Please ask me after. I'm busy. Thank you very much. Have a great day."

He then walked off the podium, leaving LSU Chancellor Sean O'Keefe and Athletic Director Skip Bertman sitting there with bemused expressions.

"What he said," O'Keefe said with a nod toward the departing Miles.
    As he left the briefing room, O'Keefe said he was delighted with the development and the fact LSU put the simmering issue to rest before playing for what would be its 10th SEC football crown and a Bowl Championship Series berth in the Sugar Bowl.
    Following the press conference, ESPN and some commentators parsed Miles comments, saying he did not state clearly he would not leave LSU at some point soon. But Bertman and other LSU officials, who had said they believed Miles would stay in Baton Rouge, had already confirmed that the university and Miles had reached an agreement.
    Neither Miles nor O'Keefe and Bertman, who sat on either side of Miles during his crisp remarks, would take questions.
    Bertman, however, said earlier in the day that Miles and the school have an agreement.
    "We don't have a signed contract but we have an agreement," Bertman said. "It will be finalized Monday or Tuesday.

Achievements:
    sec's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53x in 38 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no real games of interest this week other than Oregon taking on the always tough Fresno State (LMAO)

We'll see how MO does against the Dawgs this week; welcome to the SEC

Achievements:
    Akula's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sec View Post
    no real games of interest this week other than Oregon taking on the always tough Fresno State (LMAO)

We'll see how MO does against the Dawgs this week; welcome to the SEC
    I have to pull for them. They are stepping up and not scared.That's a very good thing.
    Not like the Florida State Semenholes when they dodged a chance to join the SEC a number of years ago...oh yeah..they said it was because basketball was more competitive in that conference..LMAO..right....

Here's the best fight song in college football.....IMO
    The Golden Band from Tigerland for your entertainment.

+ Reply to Thread