Members banned from this thread: jimmyz, silvereyes and Safety

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152

Thread: 8-year-old biracial boy nearly lynched by 14-year-old

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,528x in 55,046 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    No it's not, it's about an 8-year-old boy who was almost killed. The theme of identity politics is yours.

You probably have all the details that you are ever likely to get, since trial is very unlikely.

Then you failed to look. I said that I hope that both Quincy and his sister receive counselling to avoid future psychological problems and that the schools use this incident to counteract racist influences.

Sure - you once threatened to ban me from your thread for doing exactly what you are doing now and I only commented once. Physician heal thyself.

Yet your only concern has been to voice self-agrandizing diatribes against racism, as something schoololed, as a disease.

IOW, you have no details but what your imagination dreams up.

Even your statement about the bo and his sister end right back where you started, with racism.

In a TPF thread where I woukld be allowed to keep you on topic. This is not a tPF thread, physician.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    For those who care about the boy, some good news: Supporters Raise Over $35K For Biracial Child After Attempted Lynching

In a matter of days, Cassandra Merlin and her family have received generous donations after the attempted lynching of her 8-year-old son was brought to light.

Created Monday (Sept. 11), a GoFundMe has raised $35,696 for Quincy, a biracial child who suffered rope burns to his neck after he was hung from a tree by a group of white teenagers in Claremont, New Hampshire. The child was reportedly teased with racial taunts before the incident took place.

The fundraiser was launched by Christine Curtin Savala in an effort to help the family with medical bills and care for Quincy, his 11-year-old sister who witnessed the incident and their younger brother who was recently diagnosed with a blood disorder (ITP).

In addition to recovering from the incident, Savala says Quincy sister is dealing with psychological trauma because she sees the teens who attempted to lynch her brother at school everyday.

“The family is currently living in the neighborhood this crime took place, do not feel safe, and will need to move,” Savala said. “Plus, Quincy’s sister attends school with the teens who hurt her brother and is having a difficult time being at the same school. Therapy or counseling can help people who have experienced trauma make sense of their experiences and feelings, develop plans to stay safe, learn healthy coping skills, and connect with other resources and support. Quincy, his sister and family need therapy and emotional support to begin the long healing process in front of them.”

The Aug. 28 incident is now being investigated by the Claremont police as a possible hate crime. The department faced criticism this week after they refused to release any information to the public or the victim’s family.

As for the suspects in the incident, Revere Press reports only one teenager is facing disciplinary action. A 14-year-old is facing possible juvenile probation over the crime, but Merlin beleives a heavier punishment is needed.

“What they told me was they are looking to give him juvenile probation, which in my eyes just isn’t enough,” Merlin said. “I don’t think the police department understands the severity of what happened to my son.”

Find out how you can help Quincy and his family here.

I post that in full because O M G ! no mention of racism!
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    Still could not care enough about what you think.
    Because you are notified of your hypocritical living a non racial identity?
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,262
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,049x in 8,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yet your only concern has been to voice self-agrandizing diatribes against racism, as something schoololed, as a disease.

IOW, you have no details but what your imagination dreams up.

Even your statement about the bo and his sister end right back where you started, with racism.

In a TPF thread where I woukld be allowed to keep you on topic. This is not a tPF thread, physician.
    Seems like I will have to use the tPF prefix in future.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

del (09-17-2017),Safety (09-17-2017)

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    For those who care about the boy, some good news: Supporters Raise Over $35K For Biracial Child After Attempted Lynching

I post that in full because O M G ! no mention of racism!
    I hope that the mother has enough left over to move out of that horrible neighborhood.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Even better, from yesterday, Family raises money to leave New Hampshire after 8-year-old biracial son was almost hanged by teens: "Quincy’s mom Cassandra Merlin authorized a GoFundMe online fund-raiser that collected nearly $43,000 of a $55,000 goal as of late Saturday — for counseling, relocation and other costs."

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good, her babies deserve to grow up somewhere where they won't be targets.

Mahatma Gandhi

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Safety (09-17-2017)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,800
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesYour first GroupRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Adelaide's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,451x in 11,740 Posts
    Mentioned
    1723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    notice

Notice

Safety, jimmyz and Silvereyes have all been thread banned for insults, off-topic posting and/or discouraging others to post.

If you have questions or concerns about this moderation action, please use the Report button to let us know.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Adelaide For This Useful Post:

Private Pickle (09-17-2017)

Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,580x in 26,042 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    First, I am not the topic. Second, my response was to a different member than the one in which you are referencing. Third, I am not going to pay rent for the space I am taking up in your head.
    Tissue?
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

+ Reply to Thread