User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Federal Court rules in favor of breastfeeding cop who sued City of Tuscaloosa

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Nicole's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 132x in 90 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    If I didn't answer it is because I either overlooked it or decided it wasn't worth my time.
    If the employer wants that as a condition of employment, yes.
    You made the accusation before you even knew my position. That's childish.

The issue is not about men and women. The issue is about what the employer thinks best serves his needs. Male, female... it doesn't matter one whit.
    You made the issue women from the get-go:

She should have resigned when she got pregnant instead of becoming a burden on her department.
    There you are post 9. You didn't mention men, yourself, ever. I asked you at post 31, how do you feel about men and your response was:

I am not really interested in wasting my time helping you play victim. Go bother somebody else. When you grow up, maybe we can continue this discussion.
    So here we are. You refuse to answer my question with regard to men (which I asked to determine if you were discriminating against women rather than just against pregnant women an nursing mothers) and now you are accusing me of playing the discrimination card. If the issue was not about men or women, you should have said so from the beginning.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cthulhu's Avatar Senior Member
    The spaces between cognitive thought and passive nightmares
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 8,079x in 5,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    Yes, women are very smart to do jobs for which they are suited and women firefighters are obviously suited for that job, should they qualify.

I'm for whoever shows up to do the job. Obviously they are qualified.
    So who would you rather show up to rescue you?

It's okay to answer honestly. Nobody can do anything to you.

Sent from my evil cell phone.
    "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Ephesians 6:12

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,142
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,377x in 15,846 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You made the issue women from the get-go:
    The thread is about a woman. Not many men breastfeed.

There you are post 9. You didn't mention men, yourself, ever. I asked you at post 31, how do you feel about men and your response was:
    Again, the thread is not about men. It is about a specific case that involves a woman and her relationship with her employer.

So here we are. You refuse to answer my question with regard to men (which I asked to determine if you were discriminating against women rather than just against pregnant women an nursing mothers) and now you are accusing me of playing the discrimination card. If the issue was not about men or women, you should have said so from the beginning.
    I actually did answer your question. When you whined about it the first time, I went back and read it and answered it. The answer to the question you asked was "Yes". If the issue surrounded a male and paternity leave, I would feel the same way about it. Unless the employer fathered the kid, he should not be burdened by it. It doesn't matter whether it is the mother or the father who wants the time off. If the employer decides they are not of enough value to his organization to justify either passing their work to someone else and placing an extra burden on that employee or hiring a temporary employee to fill the gap, he should be able to terminate their employment and find someone willing to do the job.

Now, I don't particularly like answering the same question more than once, but since you didn't seem to get it the first time, I thought I would try it again.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I answered your question in response #60, the response immediately before you made the above statement in response #61.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,470
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Perianne's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,534x in 1,379 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    So who would you rather show up to rescue you?
    It's okay to answer honestly. Nobody can do anything to you.
    Since none of them want to answer you, I will. If I am in need of rescue, I want the biggest, strongest MAN to come for me. I am little - though very strong for someone so little - but I cannot compare to a big, strong man...or even an average man.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cthulhu's Avatar Senior Member
    The spaces between cognitive thought and passive nightmares
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 8,079x in 5,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    Since none of them want to answer you, I will. If I am in need of rescue, I want the biggest, strongest MAN to come for me. I am little - though very strong for someone so little - but I cannot compare to a big, strong man...or even an average man.
    Any normal person would agree. But some prefer to toe the party line at the expense of survivability.

They are a pack of fools.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Ephesians 6:12

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Nicole's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 132x in 90 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thread is about a woman. Not many men breastfeed.Again, the thread is not about men. It is about a specific case that involves a woman and her relationship with her employer.I actually did answer your question. When you whined about it the first time, I went back and read it and answered it. The answer to the question you asked was "Yes". If the issue surrounded a male and paternity leave, I would feel the same way about it. Unless the employer fathered the kid, he should not be burdened by it. It doesn't matter whether it is the mother or the father who wants the time off. If the employer decides they are not of enough value to his organization to justify either passing their work to someone else and placing an extra burden on that employee or hiring a temporary employee to fill the gap, he should be able to terminate their employment and find someone willing to do the job.

Now, I don't particularly like answering the same question more than once, but since you didn't seem to get it the first time, I thought I would try it again.
    You didn't answer it the first time at #38:
    I am not really interested in wasting my time helping you play victim. Go bother somebody else. When you grow up, maybe we can continue this discussion.
    You didn't want to answer then, but once called on it, you thought better of it. Again, being straightforward to begin with, would have saved time. You take care now.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theres only one reasonable resolution to this problem, she takes a leave of absence until the baby is on solid food.

Police Depts must run 24/7 if its a very large dept like NYPD or other major city, it could be worked out but smaller depts its a huge imposition to have her brought off duty drive to the baby feed it come back and switch again.

The baby cant stay in the precinct, she has to be relieved on the road, drive to the precinct or headquarters, park her patrol car, get in hers, drive home feed the baby and drive back. Seriously!!!!! anyone reasonable can understand what a HUGE imposition this is and she wants to get paid while doing this ? every time she has to feed the baby it could take 3 hrs or more.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 768
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Brett Nortje's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 195x in 179 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if we were to observe that it is nudity, and, against the social norms of society, western culture, if you will, then we could also say that a child could walk in there and touch her boob, in curiosity, yes? this could cause some problems, no doubt!

Rights for [1:0]. social norms, against [1:1]. case for perversion of departments with little kids coming in? [1:2]. so far, it looks bleak for this lady in uniform...

Then, what about if she was to find some way to send him away, like, to creche? this would be where she would send the child to a church funded 'breast feeding welfare outreach program,' or, could be assigned to 'drive bys?' maybe she could do some driving around in a patrol car to 'feed on the move' and avoid the ire of the departments, imagine a 'boob in wheels?'

So, although she is wrong, she could have her job back, yes?
    !! Thug LIfe !!

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You didn't answer it the first time at #38:
    You should consider yourself lucky that I responded to you, at all.
    You didn't want to answer then, but once called on it, you thought better of it.
    Horse$#@!. I answered so you would stop the whining. It obviously didn't work.

+ Reply to Thread