User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Prediction: War is Imminent

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,900x in 54,717 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you asked why they should get together. What I mean is they are today discussing the same topic, the imminent ouster of Trump. They cite the same speculations, same possibilities, same conspiracies, with great certainty about uncertain matters. It--their posts on the topic--are all rhetoric, garrulous rhetoric vs laconic rhetoric, but all rhetoric with no facts, no knowns, no logic, just to say I hate Trump. Not sure what that says about them, not interested in them, just what they post.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    Oh my god. Where do I even begin? Well let's start with this: how about that email we've all seen by now in which top Trump campaign officials (Donald Trump Jr. in particular) were invited by Russian operatives to receive damaging information from the Russian government about Hillary Clinton, which internal campaign messages literally describe as part of the Russian government's ongoing efforts to aid the Trump campaign? That's pretty concrete evidence that, by the summer of 2016, there was an ongoing secret relationship between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. We also know that there was a formal secret back-channel between Trump himself and Putin himself created over the course of December and January that they are now keen on trying to paper over by pointing to the fact that their efforts were discovered by outgoing the Obama Administration in December. (The scandal there isn't the "unmasking", it's that these secret meetings happened and weren't reported!)

The picture that has emerged so far suggests that the Trump campaign and the Putin regime reached some kind of understanding in the period of late 2015 to early 2016 wherein Moscow would greenlight a major Trump construction project in Russia and the Russian government would help him get elected if Trump in turn promised to, as president, cancel the American sanctions on Russia. (It does appear that Trump intended to lift the sanctions to do early on, but was effectively stopped from following through on his end of that bargain by the controversy surrounding these very revelations.) Lo and behold that that marked the beginning of their public mutual flattery, and the countless previously-undisclosed emails and secret meetings that have been unearthed since strongly indicate that the relationship was far more than just one of words. We also now know that the Russian government flooded social media (including Facebook) with countless fake ads and bot messages in support of the Trump campaign and even organized anti-immigrant rallies and protests inside the United States to promote the Trump campaign in 2016! I could go on about what appears to be the case, but why speculate further about the mountain of circumstantial evidence of collusion we already have when we will have a far more concrete picture when the Mueller report is completed, which is expected to wrap up some time around the end of the year?

If you want my personal opinion, I think that dossier that surfaced last December is the truth. We'll likely know one way or the other relatively soon though, so I leave you to your denialist view for now.
    So your proof that Trump colluded with Russia to influence the election is that Trump Jr. met with a Russian lawyer one time and that Trump tried to establish a discrete line of communication with Putin after he had already won the election.

Wow. That's some powerful stuff there.

It's only a matter of time before the indictments come down the pipeline.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

+ Reply to Thread