User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Do You Agree With Alt Right Provacatuer Lana Lokteff ?

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cthulhu's Avatar Senior Member
    The spaces between cognitive thought and passive nightmares
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 8,079x in 5,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    What's it really matter that something is a social construct? As such, it's embedded in the culture and learned growing up.
    It doesn't. It only matters when they try hijack something into a social construct so they can argue it doesn't really matter.... Because it's a social construct - something that can change with prevailing opinion.

Sent from my evil cell phone.
    "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Ephesians 6:12

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cthulhu For This Useful Post:

Chris (09-24-2017)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,594x in 94,422 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil'sAdvocate View Post
    Problem is there's no real distinction between "nationalism" and "globalism", as they're both just arbitrarily defined constructs, some could argue that the United States itself is an example of "globalism" and that states should be individually sovereign rather than legislated from DC.
    Nationalism v globalism is a real topic. It is really impossible for an intelligent argument to suggest otherwise.

Number one dumbest comment of the year, I think. And with serious competition, I might add.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (09-24-2017)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a white person, I could care less about being a minority if that's what she claims. I don't look at people based on race, instead look at them as fellow human beings. As for culture, my background is mostly Norwegian but I don't celebrate nor hold dear to me any customs of Norway, instead I'm an American whose culture is based on a huge melting pot of people from all over the world. I suspect that within the next 50 years, due to intermarriage many Americans will be a mixture of many ethnic cultures and race. Either way we shall see.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,251x in 27,872 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    As a white person, I could care less about being a minority if that's what she claims. I don't look at people based on race, instead look at them as fellow human beings. As for culture, my background is mostly Norwegian but I don't celebrate nor hold dear to me any customs of Norway, instead I'm an American whose culture is based on a huge melting pot of people from all over the world. I suspect that within the next 50 years, due to intermarriage many Americans will be a mixture of many ethnic cultures and race. Either way we shall see.
    I do not believe you.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Mister D (09-24-2017)

Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,911x in 54,724 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    Same here. In fact I live in an area where I am the minority. I also lived in Japan for six years and stood out like a sore thumb. It really doesn't matter to me.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

gamewell45 (09-24-2017)

Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Nationalism v globalism is a real topic. It is really impossible for an intelligent argument to suggest otherwise.

Number one dumbest comment of the year, I think. And with serious competition, I might add.

The old constructs argument. Everything is a construct so it's not real, culture's not real, society not, and doesn't matter. Thus spake the materialist.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Devil'sAdvocate's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 87x in 71 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post

It's a construct because the "group" one chooses to identify with is a voluntary choice, not something objective.

Most Irish people don't identify as the same as British, though a white nationalist who wants an "all-white nation" would view all "whites" as belonging to the same group.

So if the formation of the EU is viewed as heading toward "globalism", one could also view the United States as "globalist" and believe that all states should be sovereign nations.

I think that voluntary globalization is mostly inevitable, and a nation which thinks it can completely "isolate" itself from the rest of the world and remain in existence ad infinitum is on the wrong side of history, because historically speaking, nations die and cultures change naturally.

Forced globalization via big governmental policies is a different issue.
    Last edited by Devil'sAdvocate; 09-27-2017 at 08:51 PM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 87x in 71 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The old constructs argument. Everything is a construct so it's not real, culture's not real, society not, and doesn't matter.
    It's relative; white nationalists view all "whites" as one giant collective, but most Scottish would not view themselves as the "same" as British, most Japanese would not view themselves as the "same" as Chinese. Whether they choose to identify as separate cultures, or as one homogeneous "race" is their voluntary choice.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil'sAdvocate View Post
    It's relative; white nationalists view all "whites" as one giant collective, but most Scottish would not view themselves as the "same" as British, most Japanese would not view themselves as the "same" as Chinese. Whether they choose to identify as separate cultures, or as one homogeneous "race" is their voluntary choice.
    You're starting to remind me of someone else who quotes people but never addresses what they quote.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 87x in 71 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're starting to remind me of someone else who quotes people but never addresses what they quote.
    Society, culture, race, have no inherent existence, they're merely relative mental constructs and only have meaning if a person voluntarily identifies with it; most people do not identify as "white", they are more likely to identify with their nation or ethnic group (e.x. Irish).

+ Reply to Thread