Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,475x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Former CRF Scholar, Lisa Scott (’09-’10) says her recent study of babies doesn’t mean the infants are racist, as has been reported in some media accounts. Her study confirms that although infants are born with equal abilities to tell apart people within multiple races, by age 9 months they are better at recognizing faces and emotional expressions of people within groups they interact with most.
    Yes, I was saying that I don't think babies are racist either.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...l=1#post213876

You have yet to actually respond to anything I've said. right now, you're battling your emotions. Now it's quite clear why you didn't bother to link us to your source. She is quoted yet again...

The results of the study have implications for the design of early education to reduce racial stereotyping and prejudice in adults. Scott states, "These results suggest that biases in face recognition and perception begin in preverbal infants, well before concepts about race are formed. It is important for us to understand the nature of these biases in order to reduce or eliminate them."
    http://www.umass.edu/family/news/crf...read-attention

Now lets try this again...

The biases in question are not taught. Do you understand now? You are being "rude and insulting" when you are dismissive of ideas etc. that you simply do not understand and fear. Remember your remarks about agendas and so forth? You have neither debating skills nor manners. Remove the plank from your own eye.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Is that the best you got? You don't like the way I post. Aw, gee. At least I back up what I say. Why don't you try it some time.
    I love this. Here he is criticizing the way you post while he proceeds to rely on the very researcher he accused of having an agenda the day before. lol
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,905x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I am not disparaging your opinion, but rather your reluctance to convey your own words. I have tried many times to answer your question, but you provide no insight into what you are looking for in a response. The least answer that I can provide to your persistent question about corporations, is that they, like individual citizens, are required to pay taxes by the US government. Whether that requirement is in dispute, is another question. If corporations do not want to pay the full freight on taxes, they need to provide employment, which is both tax deductible and subject to tax incentives. If you happen to subscribe to tea party/libertarian ideals and wish to debate the merits of big vs small government, be my guest. As to my "wall of words", at least I don't simply appropriate other people's opinions (yes, even if they are published, they are still opinions, not incontrovertible facts), nor am I too lazy to express my own. Not all opinions can be expressed in a sound bite or dismissive remark.
    It would be good if you "disparaged" my opinion rather than constantly engage in ad hom.

You never tried to answer my question, but posted lectures on other topics.

you provide no insight into what you are looking for in a response
    I'm looking for your response.

Here again is your claim:

Companies who profit from the people, either need to pay much higher taxes or provide employment in exchange for their vast profits.
    Here again is my question:

Why do companies that profit have to pay more taxes or provide employment? Justify your claim.
    Nothing difficult there, in fact very simple, just that you don't have a prepared lecture to answer it with. You're left on your own to come up with an answer.

The least answer that I can provide to your persistent question about corporations, is that they, like individual citizens, are required to pay taxes by the US government.
    That wasn't the question. I didn't ask why they pay taxes, I asked why if they make profits they should pay much higher taxes as you claimed.

If corporations do not want to pay the full freight on taxes, they need to provide employment
    Here you're merely repeating your claim, not answering why this should be so.

If you happen to subscribe to tea party/libertarian ideals and wish to debate the merits of big vs small government, be my guest.
    A common tactic you use, try and change the topic.

As to my "wall of words", at least I don't simply appropriate other people's opinions
    You most certainly do. Your claim is common among liberals. You later rephrased your claim as companies who profit must pay their fair share. I hear it all the time from liberals. You hear it from politicians, you hear it from pundits, you hear it from the press. You're merely repeating what you've heard without, apparently, by your inability to answer a simple question, understanding the words.

Not all opinions can be expressed in a sound bite or dismissive remark.
    It's a forum for discussion, not school for lectures.
    Last edited by Chris; 01-12-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carygrant View Post
    Is it called stamping hard on a pompous and patronising prig ?
    He summed you very quickly . Or are we all ganging up on you?
    IOW, as I said, ad hom. Something you're well-practiced in. Ad hom is like waving a white flag you've run out of arguments but want to hide the fact. Ganging up on me? LOL, ad hom is self-defeating.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It only gets worse as they develop. Granted, it's amazing to see the need for such research and the hand wringing over the obvious results.

Within the past decade or so, developmental psychologists have begun a handful of longitudinal studies to determine exactly when children develop bias. Phyllis Katz, then a professor at the University of Colorado, led one such study—following 100 black children and 100 white children for their first six years. She tested these children and their parents nine times during those six years, with the first test at 6 months old.

How do researchers test a 6-month-old? They show babies photographs of faces. Katz found that babies will stare significantly longer at photographs of faces that are a different race from their parents, indicating they find the face out of the ordinary. Race itself has no ethnic meaning per se—but children's brains are noticing skin-color differences and trying to understand their meaning.
    When the kids turned 3, Katz showed them photographs of other children and asked them to choose whom they'd like to have as friends. Of the white children, 86 percent picked children of their own race. When the kids were 5 and 6, Katz gave these children a small deck of cards, with drawings of people on them. Katz told the children to sort the cards into two piles any way they wanted. Only 16 percent of the kids used gender to split the piles. But 68 percent of the kids used race to split the cards, without any prompting. In reporting her findings, Katz concluded: "I think it is fair to say that at no point in the study did the children exhibit the Rousseau type of color-blindness that many adults expect."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...criminate.html

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,853
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,934x in 8,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Another contradiction. You just criticized me for referencing others, then you do it yourself. What debate tactic is that?
    It's a matter of degree. You're posts are 95% quotations, 5% you. In this case the quote was to reference the person whose study was in dispute. Since the actual study paper was not available, I questioned the popular conclusion that infants were showing incipient racist tendencies.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's a matter of degree. You're posts are 95% quotations, 5% you. In this case the quote was to reference the person whose study was in dispute. Since the actual study paper was not available, I questioned the popular conclusion that infants were showing incipient racist tendencies.
    That doesn't address your self-contradiction, criticizing another (not me, btw) for what you then turned around and did yourself. Or does the hypocrisy of doing that escape you?

Take note, who, no quotes, since you seem to be calculating such nonsense.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It was evident that you reacted to a headline.

~Alain de Benoist

+ Reply to Thread