My favorite "rape" case was in Korea. You will see why I use quotations. A white female soldier accused a black male soldier of rape. When the MPs tried to arrest him, he kicked their asses. That turned out to be a complication.

I charged him with rape and assault of MPs and set an Article 32 hearing up. It is like a grand jury. An independent (non legal) officer listens to evidence from the government and the defense and recommends whether a general court martial shall proceed. The general doesn't have to follow the recommendation. During the course of my investigation I heard lots of strange things. The defense attorney was trying to out process from Korea and wasn't doing much. Some of the witnesses said some strange stuff. When I poked around I heard some disturbing things. I gave key names to the defense attorney and his boss- so he ended up having to do work. This is what happened in the Article 32 hearing:

We all knew that there was a "racist army gang" in Korea. The name is not important. The victim wanted to be a member. So they told her that she had to get a black soldier in trouble. So she slept with him, then called the MPs claiming that he raped her. Did I say, she was not that smart..... I mean she was trying to join a gang that hated black people.....

The Article 32 officer listened to the testimony and recommended to the general that the case be dropped.....

The hard part was getting the MPs to drop their charges for their ass kicking. I chalked it up to training.