User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Taliban expanding control in Afghanistan

  1. #11
    Points: 97,064, Level: 75
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    78340
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    32,546
    Points
    97,064
    Level
    75
    Thanks Given
    4,566
    Thanked 10,305x in 7,748 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    It certainly helped complete our stated mission when we went in. Our mistake was to mission shift into nation building (in a country that has never been a nation in its long thousands of years history.)
    Before we went in $#@!s were in power. after we went in $#@!s remained in power. $#@!s who's hold on the region our little foray in the 80's helped bolster. I do see your point , but it has returned to what it was. The effect was temporary and always will be.

  2. #12
    Points: 82,705, Level: 70
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 2,145
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    40199
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    28,475
    Points
    82,705
    Level
    70
    Thanks Given
    4,470
    Thanked 7,202x in 5,345 Posts
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Before we went in $#@!s were in power. after we went in $#@!s remained in power. $#@!s who's hold on the region our little foray in the 80's helped bolster. I do see your point , but it has returned to what it was. The effect was temporary and always will be.
    But to allow a Terror Organization ala an al-Qaeda to be protected while they plot and engage terror acts against us I would hope we'd all find intolerable.
    I like beer

  3. #13
    Points: 97,064, Level: 75
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    78340
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    32,546
    Points
    97,064
    Level
    75
    Thanks Given
    4,566
    Thanked 10,305x in 7,748 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    But to allow a Terror Organization ala an al-Qaeda to be protected while they plot and engage terror acts against us I would hope we'd all find intolerable.

    True. But we also have to stop doing their terrorist recruitment for them. When you kill people the survivors resist in any way they can, right or wrong.

  4. #14
    Points: 82,705, Level: 70
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 2,145
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    40199
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    28,475
    Points
    82,705
    Level
    70
    Thanks Given
    4,470
    Thanked 7,202x in 5,345 Posts
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    True. But we also have to stop doing their terrorist recruitment for them. When you kill people the survivors resist in any way they can, right or wrong.
    When you support Gulf Wars and then engage your policies of containment and sanction these people resist any way they can right or wrong.
    I like beer

  5. #15
    Points: 97,064, Level: 75
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    78340
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    32,546
    Points
    97,064
    Level
    75
    Thanks Given
    4,566
    Thanked 10,305x in 7,748 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    When you support Gulf Wars and then engage your policies of containment and sanction these people resist any way they can right or wrong.
    Yes , but to a lesser extent than occupations and drone bombings in allied territory cause. Plus if you strike and leave you're not there so they have to come get you.

  6. #16
    Points: 82,705, Level: 70
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 2,145
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    40199
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    28,475
    Points
    82,705
    Level
    70
    Thanks Given
    4,470
    Thanked 7,202x in 5,345 Posts
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Yes , but to a lesser extent than occupations and drone bombings in allied territory cause. Plus if you strike and leave you're not there so they have to come get you.
    To a lesser extent? It's clear when they're not opposed at all they crisscross the levant and murder everyone who doesn't see square with their ideals, then launch vicious attacks against France and Belgium who have been most open to their societies and religion.
    I like beer

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO