Kacper's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,017x in 747 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You couldn't pay me to ever be a Mod on a political site again. It takes all the joy of being part of the community away IMO.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kacper For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (10-17-2017),Green Arrow (10-17-2017)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 45,849x in 24,772 Posts
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    Are report posts tallied by the mods in the system to identify abusers of the report function?
    No, we don’t tally them but you know quickly who they are when you see the same names day-in and day-out.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,268
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Hal Jordan's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,795x in 4,453 Posts
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Jim View Post
    I obviously don't comment on mods on the board. I will henceforth not use PMs or report mode for any reason lest any mod be offended by my frustration.
    We rely on reports. This wasn't meant to stop anyone from reporting, but to be more thoughtful when reporting. The mods aren't the enemy. It's one thing to be frustrated with a poster, but another to take that frustration out on the mod team.
    "For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'." John Greenleaf Whittier

"Our minds control our bodies. Our bodies control our enemies. Our enemies control jack shit by the time we're done with them." Stick

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hal Jordan For This Useful Post:

Green Arrow (10-20-2017),Ravens Fan (10-19-2017)

Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,491x in 25,976 Posts
    Mentioned
    1166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Jim View Post
    I obviously don't comment on mods on the board. I will henceforth not use PMs or report mode for any reason lest any mod be offended by my frustration.
    Tissue?
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

resister (10-19-2017)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MODS always take pains to appear balanced in how they characterize a particular issue. It usually comes in the form of a statement containing the phrase "both sides". But I think it's pretty clear to the general membership that while "both sides" may have individuals who are guilty of the kind of behavior being described by the OP, it is nowhere near as balanced as the MODS are making it seem. I think we all know which "side" is the one playing the victim and complaining the most, and that's the liberal clique. They openly and continuously complain about moderation in a subforum that shall remain unnamed, so I can only imagine how much they whine and complain in private. What's interesting about their behavior on the forum is that it mirrors their behavior in the political realm. They demand unconditional control over almost everything and if they don't get their way, then they play the victim and complain incessantly. TPF's liberal clique is especially bad in this regard. Probably the worst I've seen in seventeen years of political forums.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (10-19-2017)

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    The MODS always take pains to appear balanced in how they characterize a particular issue. It usually comes in the form of a statement containing the phrase "both sides". But I think it's pretty clear to the general membership that while "both sides" may have individuals who are guilty of the kind of behavior being described by the OP, it is nowhere near as balanced as the MODS are making it seem. I think we all know which "side" is the one playing the victim and complaining the most, and that's the liberal clique. They openly and continuously complain about moderation in a subforum that shall remain unnamed, so I can only imagine how much they whine and complain in private. What's interesting about their behavior on the forum is that it mirrors their behavior in the political realm. They demand unconditional control over almost everything and if they don't get their way, then they play the victim and complain incessantly. TPF's liberal clique is especially bad in this regard. Probably the worst I've seen in seventeen years of political forums.
    It's hard to know since the reports are private. I can't believe that the "liberal clique" are solely responsible for over-use of the report function. We'll never know though so...meh shrug.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    It's hard to know since the reports are private. I can't believe that the "liberal clique" are solely responsible for over-use of the report function. We'll never know though so...meh shrug.
    The reports are private. But their public and incessant complaints about moderation in the hole are not.
    --John Adams

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (10-19-2017)

+ Reply to Thread