Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,085x in 10,770 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UK facing most severe terror threat ever, warns MI5 chief

Britain is facing its most severe ever terrorist threat and fresh attacks in the country are inevitable, according to the head of Britain’s normally secretive domestic intelligence service in a rare public speech.
    Andrew Parker, the director general of MI5, said the UK had seen “a dramatic upshift in the threat” from Islamist terrorism this year, reflecting attacks that have taken place in Westminster, Manchester and London Bridge.
    The spy chief said: “That threat is multi-dimensional, evolving rapidly and operating at a scale and pace we’ve not seen before.”
    He added: “It’s at the highest tempo I have seen in my 34-year career. Today there is more terrorist activity, coming at us more quickly, and it can be harder to detect.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...r-mi5-islamist

Oh look, @donttread, another government official most concerned about terror attacks....."boogieman attacks" as you put it.

Parker claiming the threat is "multi-dimensional", that attacks in Britain are "inevitable" and sooner rather than later.

In other words, we're gonna wake up one morning or turn on the tv one afternoon.....and we're going to see another tragedy playing out. More deaths due to boogiemen.

I wonder....if it's the hated US government........no one really pays attention....if it's the Brits......does it make a difference. Will people finally wake up to these horrors?

We Neocons of course.....would like nothing less than the invasion, occupation, and nation building in England as soon as possible. Start with that silly ferris wheel looking carnival ride on the river Thames.......kaboom.

Any......thoughts from our rocket scientists?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,578x in 26,040 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe if their partners in crime, MI6, weren't in the business of arming, funding, and training terrorists, there would be less terrorist threats. Just a thought.

In any case, the national security states in both the USA and the UK are just using the exaggerated and largely manufactured threat of terrorism to justify their own accumulation of power and funding. Put another way, promoting paranoia is a form of job security for agencies like MI5. By keeping the population as fearful as possible, people are more likely to surrender their liberty in exchange for the promise of security. The last thing that agencies like MI5 want is for the fraudulent "war on terror" to end because they would have no way to justify their current position in society.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesYour first GroupTagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Refugee's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,259x in 1,583 Posts
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ethreal is right in a way, it’s often overplayed and exaggerated, but everyone knows already another terrorist attack is on it’s way. MI5 by the way were there long before the current wave of Muslim bombings. You get what you vote for. You want a do your own thing, multicultural, open borders society, you get what it produces. Like lambs to the slaughter, I don’t think the statement will raise any eyebrows in the UK.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,431x in 94,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brexit will make them safer. But, they have too many Islamists inside the wire already.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,368x in 27,939 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Brexit will make them safer. But, they have too many Islamists inside the wire already.
    The Brits have plenty of ocean about.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (10-19-2017)

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,626x in 14,846 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...r-mi5-islamist

Oh look, @donttread, another government official most concerned about terror attacks....."boogieman attacks" as you put it.

Parker claiming the threat is "multi-dimensional", that attacks in Britain are "inevitable" and sooner rather than later.

In other words, we're gonna wake up one morning or turn on the tv one afternoon.....and we're going to see another tragedy playing out. More deaths due to boogiemen.

I wonder....if it's the hated US government........no one really pays attention....if it's the Brits......does it make a difference. Will people finally wake up to these horrors?

We Neocons of course.....would like nothing less than the invasion, occupation, and nation building in England as soon as possible. Start with that silly ferris wheel looking carnival ride on the river Thames.......kaboom.

Any......thoughts from our rocket scientists?
    @Ransom

1) I don't think I ever used the phrase "boggieman" attacks
    2) Why don't you $#@!ing wait util something actually happens/
    3) This generation of terrorist was largely recruitable because of the West actions in the ME so you are proving my point for me.
    4) Go read youe favorite book "war and war". Then apply 100 year old strategies and explainations to modern power struggles. Do you have little army men you move around to simulate great death battles of the past?
    Most of us got rid of those around 9 but you maybe not. in your case.
    Terrorism as it exist today is and has been perpetuated by the $#@!ing war on terror. How can you not see that. ? For example, the fact that we left Iraq is not the problem, the fact that we invaded and occupied them to begin with is the problem. Neocons world wide ARE the problem . When you deal death, especially to civilians people will find a way, no matter how crude or unjust , to deal death back.
    This isn't a game and it cannot be won.

But the people you worship know that this is a never ending cycle and they use that to feed the global military indiustrial complex and hide our shattered economy. To do so they use you and those like you as tools.

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 1,184
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,085x in 10,770 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) You considered the threat ISIS posed these United States as a made up boogieman created for the benefit of the defense industry. Don't shrink from your record here, Sir.
    2) I'm bringing you a link from British intelligence service MI5. Why doesn't Parker wait until something actually happens and then, how stupid would that be?
    3) West action= support for Israel and the policies of sanction, blockade, and containment against Iraq following the Gulf War that you supported.
    4) This indeed isn't a game. The threat was never a boogieman, nor is this MI5 making things up as you claimed US intelligence was.
    5) I don't think it's fair you ignore my book suggestion and then offer one of your own. Please read Undaunted Courage and then I'll consider your pop up suggestion.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Kacper's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,017x in 747 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more alienated immigrants feel from the society around them, the more likely they are to carry out a terror attack. It is no different than school shootings. You don't hear of the captain of the football team opening up on his classmates. It is always the maladjusted freaks and geeks.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kacper For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (10-19-2017)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,431x in 94,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    The more alienated immigrants feel from the society around them, the more likely they are to carry out a terror attack. It is no different than school shootings. You don't hear of the captain of the football team opening up on his classmates. It is always the maladjusted freaks and geeks.
    Expel the freaks. Send them back to the ME and NA.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Kacper (10-19-2017)

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,626x in 14,846 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    1) You considered the threat ISIS posed these United States as a made up boogieman created for the benefit of the defense industry. Don't shrink from your record here, Sir.
    2) I'm bringing you a link from British intelligence service MI5. Why doesn't Parker wait until something actually happens and then, how stupid would that be?
    3) West action= support for Israel and the policies of sanction, blockade, and containment against Iraq following the Gulf War that you supported.
    4) This indeed isn't a game. The threat was never a boogieman, nor is this MI5 making things up as you claimed US intelligence was.
    5) I don't think it's fair you ignore my book suggestion and then offer one of your own. Please read Undaunted Courage and then I'll consider your pop up suggestion.
    1) I'm not shrinking away from anything I'm just not letting you twist my words like you are want to do.

The rest of it is fuking babble, even from you. The west rape of the ME led to terrorism and our war on terror led to ISIS. Not our failure to occupy the whole area as you would suggest. We took some bat $#@! cray, mean $#@!s and chose to $#@! with them at every opportunity and then when the $#@! hits the fan war hawks like you yell for us to $#@! with them somemore! Wouldn't it have been a whole lot smarter, easier and less deadly to just put all those war/world policing efforts and dollars into developing better alternate energy? Instead we have let China beat us to the punch and all we have to show for it is death , destruction and corporate glory!
    What's next oh neocon king? Sould we attack China because they are kicking our ass at the production of solar energy?
    Drone bombing kids in allied territory comes to mind as one particularly bad idea ampng many.
    Do you listen to yourself? You support wholesale intervention and your solution for the predictable resistence is MORE wholesale intervention creating more resisitence , etc. The neocon plan that has ruled policy t=in the ME for decades with predictble results.

+ Reply to Thread