User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is the female more evolved in a biological sense than the male?

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Devil'sAdvocate's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 87x in 71 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the female more evolved in a biological sense than the male?

My loose understanding, ironically, is that they are as a whole. (Obviously individual people regardless of sex differ in their potentials and development as individuals, but from a broad perspective, I believe the former is true).

I believe this is, in part, why various chivalry-like concepts have existed in cultures, since from a purely biological POV, the female is viewed as "higher" and more expendable than the male, and is more individually vital to the survival of a group or tribe.

My understanding is that the female mind on average tends to have a better awareness of more-evolved aesthetic faculties, while the male, on average, tends to have a lower level of development, and tends to fall back on less-evolved rational faculties (which are more developed in chimpanzees and other apes than the former aesthetic ones, if they exist at all).

Examples which I see of this in popular culture are how communications problems often occur between men and women; it seems that often men tend to become confused in interactions by the literal "words" of the conversation, due to over-reliance on the rational thought process, while women tend to have a keener sense of awareness with the present moment and better able to read between the lines.

I'm not sure what ramifications this has on daily life, but most of the information I've seen leads me to this conclusion.

For example, while there are some leftist myths that culture existed primarily for the 'oppression' of women for most of history, it seems actually that culture from an evolutionary POV viewed women as more 'valuable', and therefore laws which denied them legal freedoms were more of an "over-protection" or treating women like children than an "oppression" per se (e.x. a culture may have viewed women as too valuable to expend as soldiers, while men comparatively were more expendable).

This is why I view egalitarianism as a falsehood regardless of which "side" is demanding the equality, whether modern feminism, or so-called "men's rights" groups who protest things such as discrepancy in punishment for rape between men and women.

The reason the punishments in rape differ, for example, is because men are naturally more violent and more inclined to violent rape than women are, and the end result of men raping women is more physically harmful (e.x. it can result in the rape victim getting pregnant) - therefore culture is perfectly justified in viewing male rapists as worse than female ones (which are almost always statutory rather than forced).
    Last edited by Devil'sAdvocate; 10-19-2017 at 09:29 PM.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, women start getting their boobs in their early teens. Men get theirs in their 40's
    my junk is ugly

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

Chris (10-20-2017)

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Devil'sAdvocate's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 87x in 71 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Well, women start getting their boobs in their early teens. Men get theirs in their 40's
    Not sure what that has to do with it, in fact the fetus is a hermaphrodite, and each sex as a part of the other that is unused (the male still has the nipples, the female still has the clit, which would've become the penis), which ties into understandings of the masculine and feminine essences such as in Taoism (or Yin, Yang).

So I'd have to argue that while biological realities aren't a construct, the formal distinction of "male and female" is, or that the difference is in degree rather than kind (this is entirely different from the postmodernist rubbish of the transgender movement, however).

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil'sAdvocate View Post
    Not sure what that has to do with it, in fact the fetus is a hermaphrodite, and each sex as a part of the other that is unused (the male still has the nipples, the female still has the clit, which would've become the penis), which ties into understandings of the masculine and feminine essences such as in Taoism (or Yin, Yang).

So I'd have to argue that while biological realities aren't a construct, the formal distinction of "male and female" is, or that the difference is in degree rather than kind (this is entirely different from the postmodernist rubbish of the transgender movement, however).
    Where do you get this crap? Using big words and run around the Mulberry Patch reasoning doesn't prove anything to anyone.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

Chris (10-20-2017),Common Sense (10-20-2017)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,900x in 54,717 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil'sAdvocate View Post

So now biological sex is a social construct, my postmodern friend? Lol.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

+ Reply to Thread