Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,619x in 14,840 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Yes, I've also heard the term "clans or tribes" being used lately to describe some of the voter factions. I found that a little weird to be honest. It seems like a throw back term and not something we would adopt in this day and age. Maybe I've been in a bubble?
    The donkephants entire existence depends upon a polorized country. If the majority of voters ever do what some of us already have by holding them accountable for their collective faliure, they would be out of business in a hearbeat. I hope I live to see that day. Because when you boil it all down it's the same failures over and over and over again no matter which "side" has control of what segment of government. And the only way to be that corrupt and inept and get away with it is to convince the public that it's ALL THE OTHER GUY'S FAULT. And no matter how ridiculous that concept is they have been able to sell it to the voters for decades.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,658x in 1,293 Posts
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I know it can be done because I've seen it when someone has seeded a post for fun. Both sides participate whether it's a recipe about chili or someone building their own bike. It exposes that we're actually people behind these keyboards and we can communicate to each other without animosity. When we have discussions on these seeds it's easy to forget which party or leaning we are from. I'm simply asking that we not forget that these are the same people we've swamped chili recipes with when discussing issues we may not necessarily see eye to eye on.

Thanks for you insight.
    I have a "killer" Chilli recipe! In fact, it has killed many people!

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chris. I don't mean you personally. I'm speaking in general terms from the conversations I see on the forum. Many of you have been here for a while and I guess maybe some are immune to how it appears to others.
    For the most part, when people interact on a political forum, they do so because they already have some sort of idea or sense of where they align themselves on the political chart. While I have an anticipation of having a civil discussion on the board, I don't think for one second that it will be without a partisan or political slant from all parties involved.
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Safety For This Useful Post:

silvereyes (10-26-2017)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,391x in 54,973 Posts
    Mentioned
    2013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Trish, not sure this has been mentioned, but I think the worse cases of labeling are cases where someone does it while complaining about labeling. Like, for instance, conservatives are always lumping liberals with labels.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Trish (10-26-2017)

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Trish's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,754x in 2,330 Posts
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    @Trish, not sure this has been mentioned, but I think the worse cases of labeling are cases where someone does it while complaining about labeling. Like, for instance, conservatives are always lumping liberals with labels.
    Very good point. I wonder if people realize that they do that....... hahahahaha (i'm sure one of my posts probably shows this very type of hypocrisy).

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,391x in 54,973 Posts
    Mentioned
    2013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Very good point. I wonder if people realize that they do that....... hahahahaha (i'm sure one of my posts probably shows this very type of hypocrisy).
    No, they don't. I haven't seen you do that. You're too self-conscious to be egotistical.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

+ Reply to Thread