Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on the word. Some may or may not be offended about the n-word, but they get offended when they get called a racist.
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    People who are frivously judgmental over others are pissants who should be and usually are disregarded, except by other pissants.

Define frivolously judgmental. If poster A says Bill Clinton was the greatest president since the beginning of time and I say, you are a pissant am I being frivolously judgmental?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,905x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    It depends on the word. Some may or may not be offended about the n-word, but they get offended when they get called a racist.
    They are both offensive and intended to be.

No one here qualifies as either.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get offended by being called a racist. I just figure the poster doing the calling is a pissant. As for the "N" word I was always taught that was offensive and should never be used in polite company.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    They are both offensive and intended to be.

No one here qualifies as either.
    That doesn't prevent them from being used in one derivative or another. Scratch that, there was one post where it said that Americans have the freedom to be racist, so there's that.
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That doesn't prevent them from being used in one derivative or another. Scratch that, there was one post where it said that Americans have the freedom to be racist, so there's that.
    I don't know about these posts. I do know about in the aftermath of Charlottesville several of us being called racists and Nazis, and more recently white nationalists etc.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

resister (10-30-2017)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbforrest45 View Post
    I don't get offended by being called a racist. I just figure the poster doing the calling is a pissant. As for the "N" word I was always taught that was offensive and should never be used in polite company.
    In a way it's just trolling.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does that apply to black little leaguers?

You are right. The only reason this was exposed is because we can't stand seeing little nignogs win at anything. The fact they were cheating never enters the picture. Its all about the inherent racism that exist everywhere. Those coaches should be blacklisted from the game (opps, that was really a racist statement)

Jesus, I am starting to hate everyone who ever utters the word racism but especially those who use it to condone bad behavior.

- Jefferson Davis

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Safety For This Useful Post:

silvereyes (10-30-2017)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I don't know about these posts. I do know about in the aftermath of Charlottesville several of us being called racists and Nazis, and more recently white nationalists etc.
    Then you have the criteria of the words being subjective at best. Being called racist, white nationalist, or nazi based off of one's comments is in your eye "offensive", just like someone else being called a "SWJ" or "marxist" is offensive in their eye.

- Jefferson Davis

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Then you have the criteria of the words being subjective at best. Being called racist, white nationalist, or nazi based off of one's comments is in your eye "offensive", just like someone else being called a "SWJ" or "marxist" is offensive in their eye.
    People are called names like that based on the name caller's interpretations, often interpretatioons of dog whistles the one called names does not hear and does not intend. One can tell because when challenged the name caller is incapable of explaining why he called another those names.

There's a difference between saying the content of a post is SJW or Marxist and calling the poster that. In such cases, an explanation in the form of an argument accompanies identifying the message as SJW- or Marxist-based. --I recognize that some people are incapable of distinguishing message from messenger.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

William (10-30-2017)

+ Reply to Thread