User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Town Hall - Monday, Nov 13

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 98.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,391x in 54,973 Posts
    Mentioned
    2013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barb012 View Post
    I was on this website for a long time but did not participate again until recently. The personal insults and attacks on responses was not this bad in the past. If you desire more people to join your forum, a delete function for responses of personal insults and attacks on members by moderators to reduce this type of behavior. The focus of the debate is on the contents shared and it should not be on the messenger.

I think you're probably right because there are more and more threads I avoid for that reason. Moderation should be swift and severe.

But what precisely constitutes talking about members and what messages seems to confuse a great many. Some just cannot see the difference.

We have rules, we have mods as a team who interpret and apply the rules, what we lack, I think, is good communication between mods and members, good feedback on reports, better response to challenges to mod actions. All that would help the membership better understand what's expected of them. --Not saying it's bed, just that it could improve and the forum improve thereby.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,433
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Agent Zero's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,784x in 1,405 Posts
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barb012 View Post
    I was on this website for a long time but did not participate again until recently. The personal insults and attacks on responses was not this bad in the past. If you desire more people to join your forum, a delete function for responses of personal insults and attacks on members by moderators to reduce this type of behavior. The focus of the debate is on the contents shared and it should not be on the messenger.
    I joined almost two years ago I think and didn't like what I saw. Came back by invitation earlier this year intending to discuss politics and rise above the trolling. Instead, I was attacked within three posts of my introductory one.

I continued to try to stay above the fray for several months. But after continued attacks (and refusal by mods to do anything), I decided wtf. Regardless, I've only had one infraction and stayed out of the Hole.

IMO, this whole advisor thing is bull$#@!. There's two "advisors" who should have been permabanned long ago. There's another two or three forum members who also do nothing but troll and flame and escape untouched. And no forum, other than Stormfront, needs blatant racists.

I'm heading out of the country for a few days. I honestly don't know if it's worth it to come back, but we'll see.
    How crazy alt righties got pwnd by a conervative web site:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/berlins.../#3b7ecb78e9b5
    il·lib·er·al
    i(l)ˈlib(ə)rəladjective1.opposed to liberal principles; restricting freedom of thought or behavior
    "illiberal and anti-democratic policies
    • synonyms: intolerant, narrow-minded, unenlightened, conservative, reactionary;

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    I joined almost two years ago I think and didn't like what I saw. Came back by invitation earlier this year intending to discuss politics and rise above the trolling. Instead, I was attacked within three posts of my introductory one.

I continued to try to stay above the fray for several months. But after continued attacks (and refusal by mods to do anything), I decided wtf. Regardless, I've only had one infraction and stayed out of the Hole.

IMO, this whole advisor thing is bull$#@!. There's two "advisors" who should have been permabanned long ago. There's another two or three forum members who also do nothing but troll and flame and escape untouched. And no forum, other than Stormfront, needs blatant racists.

I'm heading out of the country for a few days. I honestly don't know if it's worth it to come back, but we'll see.
    You are obviously incredibly unhappy here on all levels, why in the world would you stay anywhere that makes you so sad
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Cthulhu (11-14-2017),Tricia (11-14-2017)

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 2,545
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Bethere's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,107x in 4,132 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't let them run you off. It's what they want.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bethere For This Useful Post:

Agent Zero (11-14-2017)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    You are obviously incredibly unhappy here on all levels, why in the world would you stay anywhere that makes you so sad
    Not at all...

btw...for whichever of you actually had the gall to call the State Dept and tell them about Agent Zero posting on an internet forum, let me share this with you.

5 FAM 792.2 Personal Use of Social Media(CT:IM-184; 12-22-2016)
    a. Department personnel may access and post entries to public, Internet-based social media sites, from OpenNet using their personal profile registered with a personal email address at those sites consistent with general policies on Internet use at 5 FAM 700. Personal entries must not:
    (1) Claim to represent the Department or its policies, or those of the U.S. Government, or use Department or other U.S. Government seals or logos; and
    (2) Violate ethics rules, for example, the rules prohibiting the use of public office for private gain or the disclosure of nonpublic information and the rules concerning prohibited political activity; details regarding these rules are on the L/Ethics Intranet Web site.
    b. Department personnel who create and/or use nonofficial social media sites must adhere to the policies contained in 5 FAM 777 and 3 FAM 4170.
    c. Department personnel who create and/or use nonofficial social media sites must not disclose information pertaining to procurement information in violation of 41 U.S.C. 2102.
    d. Department personnel who create and/or use non-official social media must not disclose nonpublic information.
    e. Department personnel working abroad who create and/or use nonofficial social media cites must adhere to the policies contained in 3 FAM 4123.
    f. Family members of Department personnel working abroad who create and/or use social media cites must adhere to the policies contained in 3 FAM 4125.
    g. Non-U.S. citizen Department personnel and U.S. citizen Department personnel who have been hired abroad who create and/or use nonofficial social media cites must adhere to the policies contained in 3 FAM 4126.
    h. For personal (nonbusiness) materials produced when using social media sites, see 5 FAH-4 H-215.6, Personal Papers, for guidance.
    And...

Given that State a. doesn't care and b. realizes that nearly every employee on our floor participates in forums of some sort or other, I'd like to advise you that all you did was a. give three floors of government a lot of laughs, and b. Make yourself look like the backwoods criminal loon that you are, and most importantly, c. brought A WHOLE LOT OF GOVERNMENT EYES CHECKING OUT THIS FORUM. MORONS.
    il·lib·er·al
    i(l)ˈlib(ə)rəladjective1.opposed to liberal principles; restricting freedom of thought or behavior
    • synonyms: intolerant, narrow-minded, unenlightened, conservative, reactionary;

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Agent Zero For This Useful Post:

Crepitus (11-14-2017)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethere View Post
    Don't let them run you off. It's what they want.
    Don't worry. No one's going to run me off.
    il·lib·er·al

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Agent Zero For This Useful Post:

Bethere (11-14-2017)

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,327
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    resister's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,122x in 7,595 Posts
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry. No one's going to run me off.
    Waiting for your next, nasty personal attack.
    There is no God but Resister and Refugee is his messenger’.

Book of Democrat Things, Chapter 1:1

12. The Following User Says Thank You to resister For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not at all...

btw...for whichever of you actually had the gall to call the State Dept and tell them about Agent Zero posting on an internet forum, let me share this with you.

And...

Given that State a. doesn't care and b. realizes that nearly every employee on our floor participates in forums of some sort or other, I'd like to advise you that all you did was a. give three floors of government a lot of laughs, and b. Make yourself look like the backwoods criminal loon that you are, and most importantly, c. brought A WHOLE LOT OF GOVERNMENT EYES CHECKING OUT THIS FORUM. MORONS.
    A tPF member contacted your office? WTF! How is that even doable? "Um yes, this guy Agent Orange bothers me".
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not at all...

And...

LoL, I have a good idea which member it was, I can't believe they would actually do such a thing. And to think, there was another member that got in serious trouble on the forum for doxing a member, I wonder if the same effort will be taken in this case....
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of which.....
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Closed Thread