Members banned from this thread: Ransom

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Navy’s Triple-Carrier Pacific Deployment Was an Accident, Not a Power Play

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,125
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,098x in 10,780 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    OK I'll break it down for ya. Ruby Ridge , F&F and Waco are other examples of times when government claimed unthinkable incompetence to cover unthinkable actions, or in this case actions they wished to deny because of their implications.
    And yes you are the Tory.
    Donttread, if you weren't forced into guesswork and supposition, you'd understand you're the Member here who mirrors a Tory. Highly critical of your government. Boogiemen being created so as to represent the threat needed for a large military and intervention abroad. I recently provided a deployment link showing nearly 450,000 of our 1.4 million in uniform deployed abroad. A strong US military I promote, a Tory would never do so. A Tory would encourage isolationism. Colonial borders. Would never have sent a military expedition West, would never had displaced Indian nations.

A Tory would have blamed a growing America for the world's problems, would have started to cite atrocities against Indians, how US intervention into Indian lands was interventionist and neoconservative. Would have blamed the great fur trades, gold and other minerals sought after by mega-corps. That's a projection argument for you donttread, if you knew your history, look it up I'm not kidding, you'd find your comments on these pages do somewhat mirror Tory language during our war of Independence.

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 3,963
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,646x in 14,858 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Donttread, if you weren't forced into guesswork and supposition, you'd understand you're the Member here who mirrors a Tory. Highly critical of your government. Boogiemen being created so as to represent the threat needed for a large military and intervention abroad. I recently provided a deployment link showing nearly 450,000 of our 1.4 million in uniform deployed abroad. A strong US military I promote, a Tory would never do so. A Tory would encourage isolationism. Colonial borders. Would never have sent a military expedition West, would never had displaced Indian nations.

A Tory would have blamed a growing America for the world's problems, would have started to cite atrocities against Indians, how US intervention into Indian lands was interventionist and neoconservative. Would have blamed the great fur trades, gold and other minerals sought after by mega-corps. That's a projection argument for you donttread, if you knew your history, look it up I'm not kidding, you'd find your comments on these pages do somewhat mirror Tory language during our war of Independence.
    Tory's, as popularly portrayed, supported the Crown as you do. You support the big government . Don't try to talk around it at least be man enough to own what you are. How can you be so $#@!ing casutic and full of yourself one minute and so unwilling to own who you are the next? How many personalities are in your mirror anyway?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tory's, as popularly portrayed, supported the Crown as you do.
    As "popularly portrayed"....like in the movies, donttread? lol They supported the English Crown Tread, will you stop your meandering. Quit looking at movies made in Hollywood for 'portrayals, read Tread!

You support the big government . Don't try to talk around it at least be man enough to own what you are. How can you be so $#@!ing casutic and full of yourself one minute and so unwilling to own who you are the next? How many personalities are in your mirror anyway?
    I support big military, donttread. The sheer scope of government I vote to limit. I'm for less regulation not more. Privatizing social security and education. I'm for entitlement reform, I point out government debt and deficit spending on a monthly basis. You're attacking me for the wrong reasons, my beliefs are consistent with the Founders, promote the general welfare, but provide the common defense. And it's because donttread....I've educated myself on what happens when America doesn't have a prepared military, in fact, we've gone into nearly every conflict unprepared and it's cost lives and money.

I firmly believe we have post war obligations abroad. In Iraq. In Afghanistan. In Germany. In Poland. In Korea. In Japan. On Guam. On the Persian Gulf. On the South China Sea. On the Med. To Israel. To NATO. To the UN. To our Planet. I truly believe if not for these United States, this planet is shaped differently today. Bordered differently if you'd like. Finally, where there are many, I don't believe every threat is a boogieman. I think there are North Korean leaders, I think there will be Iranian leaders who possess nuclear weapons. I believe China is a threat, I believe al-Qaeda and ISIS are threats. I believe ignorance is a threat, I believe our education system is a threat to our national security.

I tend to criticize government where I think it's overboard, donttread. Financial markets. Obama's QE1 thru QE5. Stimulus Packages. Recovery Summers. Printing money. Deficit spending. It's why I support tax cuts, private school voucher systems, less business regulation. I support a large and effective AMERICAN military that is in keeping with our founding fathers, Presidents such as Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt and thus, isn't Tory. In fact, the anti-thesis of.

But keep winging it, I enjoy batting you around.
    Last edited by Ransom; 11-19-2017 at 07:47 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (11-19-2017)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "as popularly portrayed"

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My question is, what foreign power was insulted by this show of force? Was it any of our allies? If not, too bad. Remember Teddy Roosevelt, one of the first progressives, had our battleships make a world tour just to show off our military might. I doubt if even the little runt with a bad haircut wants to kill off all his people. Who would he be in charge of if North Korea was only a distant memory?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As "popularly portrayed"....like in the movies, donttread? lol They supported the English Crown Tread, will you stop your meandering. Quit looking at movies made in Hollywood for 'portrayals, read Tread!

I support big military, donttread. The sheer scope of government I vote to limit. I'm for less regulation not more. Privatizing social security and education. I'm for entitlement reform, I point out government debt and deficit spending on a monthly basis. You're attacking me for the wrong reasons, my beliefs are consistent with the Founders, promote the general welfare, but provide the common defense. And it's because donttread....I've educated myself on what happens when America doesn't have a prepared military, in fact, we've gone into nearly every conflict unprepared and it's cost lives and money.

I firmly believe we have post war obligations abroad. In Iraq. In Afghanistan. In Germany. In Poland. In Korea. In Japan. On Guam. On the Persian Gulf. On the South China Sea. On the Med. To Israel. To NATO. To the UN. To our Planet. I truly believe if not for these United States, this planet is shaped differently today. Bordered differently if you'd like. Finally, where there are many, I don't believe every threat is a boogieman. I think there are North Korean leaders, I think there will be Iranian leaders who possess nuclear weapons. I believe China is a threat, I believe al-Qaeda and ISIS are threats. I believe ignorance is a threat, I believe our education system is a threat to our national security.

I tend to criticize government where I think it's overboard, donttread. Financial markets. Obama's QE1 thru QE5. Stimulus Packages. Recovery Summers. Printing money. Deficit spending. It's why I support tax cuts, private school voucher systems, less business regulation. I support a large and effective AMERICAN military that is in keeping with our founding fathers, Presidents such as Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt and thus, isn't Tory. In fact, the anti-thesis of.

OK, the rebels were the real Tories and vise versa. Whatever you say. So we'll drop the term Tory and go with " big controlling government defending pawn". Happy now?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You ccriticize government? Maybe with an occasional left handed compliament or small insult, but from a military or internal force perspective you support almost everything they do without hesitation. You are an interventionist government "yes man". As in "yes man" I'll support more invasion and especially more occupations. Hell would you even care where? You are what is wrong with America.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, the rebels were the real Tories and vise versa. Whatever you say. So we'll drop the term Tory and go with " big controlling government defending pawn". Happy now?
    Big is certainly correct, weigh in at well over 200lbs. Controlling.....kids say I am, spouse says too laid back especially with the kids. Can't win. Government defending pawn.....if defending the maintenance of a large standing army and navy and air force and marine corps and coast guard and reserves and I'd even go for a modern day CCC.....then I'm a Rook. Not a pawn. We've enough of those. Certainly not the King and we've like 35 queens on this forum board already and thus the center two places are taken. Ain't really a bishop as I don't like the hat and I don't slant. Don't cut corners winging it across the board like a knight. I move straight at you, provide foundation to the corners or any maneuver or argument.....and I'm very hard to defeat.

So..how about...a big controlling large standing military to confront obvious threats defending rook? That would make me happy

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You ccriticize government?
    I pointed out the specific areas that I criticize even, what did you want?

Maybe with an occasional left handed compliament or small insult, but from a military or internal force perspective you support almost everything they do without hesitation. You are an interventionist government "yes man". As in "yes man" I'll support more invasion and especially more occupations. Hell would you even care where? You are what is wrong with America.
    But.....you cannot name invasions and more occupations that I support or argue, you're just talking smack now. I am interventionist.....when the occasion calls for it. And I'm smart enough to realize when it's called for.

I'm what's right with and about America, donttread.....and you're claiming otherwise because I'm a tad harsh on you for having the historical perspective of a moth.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 533
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Archer0915's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,215x in 1,682 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was an accident! We were running drills and accidentally Nuked N. Korea!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Archer0915 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (11-20-2017)

+ Reply to Thread