Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,487x in 94,934 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Imagine a cloud-based machine capable of relying upon massive computing power and the experiences of billions of breeding human beings. I expect the technology to be very good. And it is far safer to live in a fantasyland these days, isn't it? Cheaper, too. My divorce, when it happens will cost around a million dollars.
    That is hard. My first wife left to work for NATO and when I told her I wasn't moving to Brussels without a job she signed the condo over to me and told me to have a lawyer send her anything she needed to sign. It was about $560 bucks. But I did spend a lot to replace furniture and other stuff she took. But I bought high end stuff. Some of the stuff was arriving after she had what she wanted moved and before she left. She noticed the step up and said "well played [my name]."
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (11-19-2017)

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,639x in 14,854 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    That is hard. My first wife left to work for NATO and when I told her I wasn't moving to Brussels without a job she signed the condo over to me and told me to have a lawyer send her anything she needed to sign. It was about $560 bucks. But I did spend a lot to replace furniture and other stuff she took. But I bought high end stuff. Some of the stuff was arriving after she had what she wanted moved and before she left. She noticed the step up and said "well played [my name]."
    My wife and I are both second marriages and we were so broke at that point in our lives we only got the actual divorces completed in order to get married, like weeks before. My current wife has informed me that she'll never divorce me no matter what. But she has mentioned that where we live bodies are very easy to hide. LOL . So I've been eating more to make it harder for her to move the body!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (11-19-2017),Peter1469 (11-19-2017),Ravens Fan (11-19-2017)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    I think it would be impossible to cut out the "flirting" at work and other environments. We are built to attract the opposite sex and to seek out that social connection. Maybe a bot will meet that need in the future but I don't think it will happen for some time. You can't replace or substitute human interaction because it's driven by how we react and respond to each other.

I would say the best way to adopt a full proof anti-harassment approach is to pretend your mother is in the room with you. Mom would probably be okay with you flirting but touching, kissing, and grabbing she would not be okay with.

LOL. Maybe we need "mother holograms " at work. It would cut down on sexual behavior, goofing off, dirty jokes and other fun. But it would increase company efficency!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Trish (11-19-2017)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,820
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Xl's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 19,793x in 11,974 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    But the right hand gets tired, no?
    I'm a young good looking guy. I get women chasing me here and there. I'm also introverted and somewhat awkward, so I'm already $#@!ty at starting conversations.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The Xl For This Useful Post:

donttread (11-19-2017)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Xl View Post
    I'm a young good looking guy. I get women chasing me here and there. I'm also introverted and somewhat awkward, so I'm already $#@!ty at starting conversations.
    Well then go with the looks and the obvious modesty. Do you make them ask if it's OK to kiss or touch you? LOL

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 544
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    rcfieldz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,141x in 907 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wait for many years to pass then claim any disgusting excuse you think will gain you more popularity and get a lawyer who will try your case in court. Easy money and fame!
    Hoo boy...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rcfieldz For This Useful Post:

donttread (11-19-2017)

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,659x in 1,294 Posts
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I envy you, I was always a bit on the shy side and somewhere in my career I quit making funny comments of a certain sort and even stopped compliamenting how a women looked at work no matter how hard she fished. It took away from the interaction, I wouldn't of harrassed them anyway. On the other hand if she hypothectically showed up in a mini skirt on evaluation day, I didn't change the hypothectiacal eval but I considered an eyeful fair game. And no I don't mean learing while drooling.
    Just a mental pictire to take home and make the wife's night. Hypothetically.
    Find the woman's "G" spot, and she'll love you forever!

Ya just gotta push the right buttons!

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Devil'sAdvocate's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 87x in 71 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If every female actress, political staffer, etc is being sexually harrassed maybe many "regular women " are to. Especially on days they aren't in the flirting mood they were in yesterday ( explaining many of the minor cases) . I've worked in hospitals which are like flirtation central.
    Anyway , men we can slove this. Here's what we need to do.

1) Fund female robot engineering.to design more life like specimens.
    2) Got the hots for a chick at the office? Don't risk a move even if she seems to be giving off vibes. Just order a bot that you can make kinda look like her, but not too much because I'm sure that would be made illgeal too. Plus be creepy. However the bot's looks have to be changeable so you don't get "in a rut"
    3) Swear off all women at work and primarily use the bot until you are ready to settle down and have kids. Then enter into a "relationship agreement " with someone from town or the internet. Get married, have kids , treat her like gold and put the bot away for 5-10 years. Trust me, you will need it again.
    Nah... my experience is that the "odds" of being accursed of sexual harassment are nonexistent unless the guy is going out of his way to be as stupid or creepy as possible. (And hell, part of life is about taking risks).

Like Louis CK for example, what guy (especially a famous person) is so desperate that he asks women to sit and watch him masturbate? That's just... weird...

Most of the men who've been legitimately accused of sexual harassment were being weirdos just for the sake of being weirdos - there's no reason they couldn't have just asked a woman on a date, or in a worst-case scenario pay for a hooker if they were really that unable to get anyway - some people just get off on being creepy apparently...

I'm sure "some" extremely frigid women exist who think just saying "hi" is "sexual harassment", but most of them aren't mentally stable to function in real life without governmental assistance, so the chances of encountering a woman like that in real life (outside of a Youtube video or fringe feminist blog) is next to none.

Problem solved and good for the economy as well. It would be the mans version of the dildo albeit much advanced. The ability for the bot to speak would be optional. It could also have a "teaching program" so when the guy does settle down he can knock some socks off.

Women could design male bots and all flirtation, etc at work can be banned by the company. Problem solved. Women could save a $#@!load of money on mini skirts, plunging necklines, tight skirts, hair products, etc.
    A win, win, win.
    No, that's pathetic and sounds like something someone who's spent their entire life in front of a computer screen and never interacted with a woman in real life would come up with.
    Last edited by Devil'sAdvocate; 11-22-2017 at 12:10 AM.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Devil'sAdvocate's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 87x in 71 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Xl View Post
    I just stay the $#@! away from making any moves. That's your best bet as a man.
    I disagree, that's just paranoia that's been hyped up on the media. It's the same as a feminist assuming that every man is secretly plotting to rape her.

What I've noticed, is simply that (men in particular) don't live mindfully 'in the present' and aren't attuned to a woman's presence because they're caught up 'in their thoughts', rather than actually paying attention with their senses, which can cause them to act awkward or creepy.
    Last edited by Devil'sAdvocate; 11-22-2017 at 12:20 AM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil'sAdvocate View Post
    Nah... my experience is that the "odds" of being accursed of sexual harassment are nonexistent unless the guy is going out of his way to be as stupid or creepy as possible. (And hell, part of life is about taking risks).

Like Louis CK for example, what guy (especially a famous person) is so desperate that he asks women to sit and watch him masturbate? That's just... weird...

Most of the men who've been legitimately accused of sexual harassment were being weirdos just for the sake of being weirdos - there's no reason they couldn't have just asked a woman on a date, or in a worst-case scenario pay for a hooker if they were really that unable to get anyway - some people just get off on being creepy apparently...

I'm sure "some" extremely frigid women exist who think just saying "hi" is "sexual harassment", but most of them aren't mentally stable to function in real life without governmental assistance, so the chances of encountering a woman like that in real life (outside of a Youtube video or fringe feminist blog) is next to none.

No, that's pathetic and sounds like something someone who's spent their entire life in front of a computer screen and never interacted with a woman in real life would come up with.

I think you're right but we didn't know that back in the day.. We knew if it was verbal and not too disgusting we were supposed to be warned before being written up but we never wanted that warning or that perception. I especially didn't want that as for many years my wife worked at the same place. I may have sexually harrassed HER once or twicce at work but she's the one who shut the office door , so I'm guessing that's consent. And no we didn't go that far. Can you imagine telling your buddies that one?
    ME "Yeah I got fired for having sex at work"
    Buddies" Alright! Cool. Who with.
    Me "My own wife"
    Buddies: "You idiot that's what you have a house for!
    LOL

+ Reply to Thread