User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: U.S. 7th Fleet plane carrying 11 crashes into Pacific Ocean off Japan; 8 rescued

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,569x in 94,410 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile U.S. 7th Fleet plane carrying 11 crashes into Pacific Ocean off Japan; 8 rescued

U.S. 7th Fleet plane carrying 11 crashes into Pacific Ocean off Japan; 8 rescued

It was breaking news when I was leaving for work at 6am. I figured someone would beat me to posting about this. I guess they had more important stuff to post on (see the posts and threads from today to verify that they merit - well, whatever.)

Eight people have been rescued and are in “good condition” after a U.S. Navy cargo plane carrying 11 crew members and passengers crashed into the Pacific Ocean off Japan, the U.S. Navy’s 7th Fleet said Wednesday.

The search for the remaining three people is continuing.

It was the latest accident to befall the 7th Fleet, which is based in the Japanese port of Yokosuka, south of Tokyo, and has endured multiple collisions at sea this year, including two that involved guided-missile destroyers and left 17 sailors dead.

The C-2A Greyhound aircraft was on a routine flight from Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni in southern Japan to the USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier, which is in the Philippine Sea for exercises with Japan’s Maritime Self-Defense Force.

It crashed at 2:45 p.m. local time Wednesday, the 7th Fleet said in a statement. The cause of the crash was not immediately known, it said, and an investigation will be conducted.
    I am more concerned with these service member's lives than everything the mutts have thought to be interesting during the day. All that I saw in the daily traffic at this site would put Soap Operas to shame.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 733
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,516x in 14,777 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    U.S. 7th Fleet plane carrying 11 crashes into Pacific Ocean off Japan; 8 rescued

It was breaking news when I was leaving for work at 6am. I figured someone would beat me to posting about this. I guess they had more important stuff to post on (see the posts and threads from today to verify that they merit - well, whatever.)

I am more concerned with these service member's lives than everything the mutts have thought to be interesting during the day. All that I saw in the daily traffic at this site would put Soap Operas to shame.
    All part of being the world police Peter. The three are almost undoubtedly dead. I'm concerned for their lives too but tend to think we'd had that base in someone else's country and controlled their ability to build an army for too damned long.
    But past our differences what the hell is going on with this fleet?Has Barney Fife secretly been put in charge? Isn't their some failure of leadership here?

+ Reply to Thread