Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,228x in 2,709 Posts
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Son of Man" versus "Son of God"

Sometimes, in the New Testament, Jesus refers to Himself of the "Son of God."

Other times, He says, the "Son of Man."

It is surely tempting to see the former as a more profound statement.

But actually, quite the opposite is true.

After all, all Christians (at least, all Christian males) may correctly refer to themselves as sons of God.

But the term, "Son of Man," was an obvious allusion to the prophecy in Daniel 7, in which "one like a son of man" is awarded eternal kingship.

So I would view the term, "Son of Man," as the more profound of the two.

Comments?

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,327
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    resister's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,122x in 7,595 Posts
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call no man Father.
    There is no God but Resister and Refugee is his messenger’.

Book of Democrat Things, Chapter 1:1

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,474x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by resister View Post
    Call no man Father.
    And to think I called my father father for 40 years.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,474x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pjohns View Post

After all, all Christians (at least, all Christian males) may correctly refer to themselves as sons of God.

But the term, "Son of Man," was an obvious allusion to the prophecy in Daniel 7, in which "one like a son of man" is awarded eternal kingship.

Comments?
    It's not exactly clear what Son of Man means.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Trumpster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 345x in 251 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps he was uncertain.

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Archangel's Avatar Junior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 8x in 7 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    It's not exactly clear what Son of Man means.
    First of all, it would be correct to say that Jesus is deity incarnated in a human body. He is not a "man" in the complete sense of the intended meaning of that scripture.

Fast forward to the Book of Daniel, which was written at a time when the “son of man” phrase had a specific and known meaning. In the context of Daniel 7:13, where one "like a son of man" comes to the Ancient of Days (Almighty God) and is given dominion and sovereign power and universal worship of the sort that God alone possesses, the significance of Jesus' "son of man" usage cannot be overstated. It is functionally equivalent to saying that the one like a son of man is rightful heir and successor to the divine throne. "Son of man" is essentially the same as "Son of God" in this context. And if the person in Daniel 7:13-14 is only someone “like” a son of man, then it certainly implies there must be some differences. Otherwise it would say something like, “A son of man” came before the Ancient of Days.”

The Son of Man / SON OF GOD in Christianity is more than just a King David individual.

In the Gospel of Matthew, chapter 26, it is written: 'The high priest said to Jesus, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God?" 64 "Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven." 65 Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, "He has spoken blasphemy!
    Jesus was clearly referring to Daniel 7:13 - "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven."

And it would only be blasphemy if Jesus was claiming to be divine / the Son of God. It's interesting that the rabbis of that day considered Daniel 7:13-14 as a divine individual.

Jesus was, in effect, claiming to be the fulfillment of Daniel's "son of man" prophecy.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Archangel For This Useful Post:

Ann Fann (12-02-2017),pjohns (12-01-2017)

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,266
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    pjohns's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,228x in 2,709 Posts
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    [I]f the person in Daniel 7:13-14 is only someone “like” a son of man, then it certainly implies there must be some differences. Otherwise it would say something like, “A son of man” came before the Ancient of Days.”
    I have only a passing familiarity with the Koine Greek of the New Testament; and none whatsoever with the Hebrew and Aramaic of the Old Testament. So I really cannot speculate as to what the original language may say. (Perhaps I could check the Septuagint; but that would merely be checking a translation--which we have here.)

I also cannot speak to the Hebrew idiom in this regard--what significance, if any, the word, "like," may have had.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Orion Rules's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 694x in 569 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comments?
    Just my take on it, but the Son of Man is the Holy Ghost, that he enlarges the borders of old Israel, as including all the tribes thus far excluded from the Rothschild-British Mandate, that one nation of Israel there will be.

What could be more perfect than having the United States Embassy inside of Jerusalem, of *Jewels*Rule*Jerusalem*, the 6-pointed Star of David, where Heaven dips south straight to Earth, the Palestinians are also a sea.

Hamas, you were configured in order to help Zionism spread, and as all is not your fault, other than, you cannot be trusted but to be of the same element that took away the original homes of others who were of those people.

If settlements were built, that was the same advice this writer was given to pass onto the Israeli command, Mr. Benjamin Netanyahu, Net of Aten, for about the same time the Libyan Embassy had suffered from murderous fleas.

There will be no lasting peace between two different people, dividing side by side, the Palestinians and the Jews, no matter how hard anyone tries to deceive themselves, that Amen is in charge, that is he is the Lord Christ is Jesus.

The steppe people who barricade themselves inside of hostage-crisis situations, that when the U.N. played a part, as Bashar al-Assad became the main target for a grab-on-to-hold by certain business people who go steep...

The American way of life has been interrupted a long time by the same cavemen who took out the Twin Towers, some still not caught, as the saying goes, and the press-to-toots inside of Washington, D.C. still decide to hold sleeps.

The Lord Yeshua Christ founded the Melchizedek order, and there is no two-state solution, so pack your bags, Jerusalem belongs to us, the 7 stars of Egypt (Amos 5:8) say so, as Numbers chapter 1 reveals 14 tribes, so pack it up, sheep.

The Sons of God are those who execute justice upon terrorists, so the answer goes Jerusalem is lit with candles for the execution of justice, Isaiah 1, there is land afar off you may take and build rich palaces you may also get to keep.

Pilgrims should be welcome, but instead a Christmas card comes with the hope someone dies inside of it, as that has become London, Paris, and how many more places must be bombed to make a decision if you wish to really be free?

Orion stands in the sky, Waset forever settled inside of heaven, that there should be no more death inside of sainthood, the Americans are taking Jerusalem for themselves, that's because it was always part of the same Biblical prophecy.

You may burn those American flags all you want, but the U.S. elected a President who is standing by his word, not just because the Jews wanted it, but because it is how the ending is going to stop every single thing that does not damn hearsay.

The last enemy to be put down is death, that man must begin to recognize how far off the map religion has taken him or her, to not see how paradise is an eternity spent in hell just because they advocate against the Most High God who knew Amen-Re.

Salvation is of the LORD who rides a swift cloud, scripture states a 3-way angle for God's fold, so it is written, "In that day Israel will be the third with...and, 'Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel my heritage'", verses 24-25, Isaiah 19.~

***/\/\/\ Orion Rules North West South East

Amos 5:8 the 7 stars or churches of Plei'ades

God Bless Shimon Peres my friend for always

While Hezbollah has several Godly soldiers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:
    https://twitter.com/WildHorseEdu

Jesus was a Vegetarian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6J6jh1Dzo

+ Reply to Thread