Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A MOST INTERESTING READ.

Racism Against White People Exists

By Codi Bott, July 17th 2014
    Shutterstock

Racism is a prevailing issue in the modern day world. But what many people fail to realize, or perhaps more accurately, fail to acknowledge, is that racism towards white people does in fact exist. Now I know that your first bigoted instinct is to immediately discredit me for being a spoiled little white girl, which is actually great, because it allows me to further prove a point. White people oftentimes aren’t allowed to have problems. Our “white privilege” prevents us from fully appreciating the suffering of others, and is to blame for our narrow-minded and superior attitudes. Pardon my french, but I think that’s bull$#@!.
    Sure, I suppose you could call what I’m talking about “reverse racism,” but really any type of prejudice or discrimination towards any person based on their ethnicity or skin color is just blatant racism. Many people of color claim that white people are treated better than them, and I have no doubt that there are certain cases in which this is true. However, the opposite is just as correct. For instance, I recently read a post where the writer argued that when a person of color moves into a white neighborhood, they are instantly scrutinized, as their neighbors make snap judgments about their integrity. But if a white person were to relocate to a predominately black, or hispanic part of town, they would be looked at with just as much suspicion, and treated just as differently.
    But the issue reaches far beyond mere perception, and extends into the realm of double standards. Take for example, the Miss USA pageant. The 2014 winner, Nia Sanchez, happened to be a Latina woman. After her crowning, the internet promptly exploded with messages of pride from the Latina community. Identical to the way in which the Indian population reacted when Nina Davuluri won Miss America 2014. The problem here is if you took some of these perfectly acceptable messages, and replaced either the words “Latina” or “Indian” with the word “white,” they somehow transform into unacceptable racism. For instance, where it is seen as representing your ethnicity to tweet “So happy a Latina woman won Miss USA this year!” It’s simply seen as bigoted to use the same platform to say “Wow, I’m so thankful a white woman took home the crown!”
    Furthermore, a “Miss Black America” contest is held every single year in the United States. If a similar pageant was organized exclusively for white women, protestors would be crying out for justice and claiming that society was moving backwards. If you can celebrate your culture, why can’t I do the same?
    While I understand that it is important for minorities to be represented, I think it may be time to take another look at who is really the minority. In a lot of places in the U.S., especially the southwest, white people are becoming the minority. However, it is still common practice to hand out scholarships to kids purely because their last name is Lopez or Martinez, or because they’re 1/5 Native American or African American. Meanwhile, students like me, who studiously worked all throughout high school for straight A’s are forced to take out thousands of dollars in loans just to attend college.
    None of this is to take away from the struggles of immigrants in the past. And to finally address the elephant in the room- slavery. Is it okay to tell someone to “just get over it”? No. But is it okay to hold my race eternally accountable for something that our ancestors did in which we had no part in and find as equally repulsive as you? Definitely not.
    I’m not saying that racism does not exist, and I’m not saying that people aren’t judged. But if it’s wrong for muslims to immediately be labeled as terrorists, or black people to looked at as thugs and criminals, it is just as wrong to assume that every white person believes that their skin color makes them superior to others and that their problems can’t possibly be as important as yours. The only way to truly eradicate racism, is for people of all races (white people included) to stop using their ethnicity as a crutch or an excuse, and work hard to make the best of whatever situation you find yourself in.
    There is no God but Resister and Refugee is his messenger’.

Book of Democrat Things, Chapter 1:1

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,009
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,124x in 11,355 Posts
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by resister View Post
    Nice job trying to minimize it, I get it, if the racism is not as common, it is to be mocked. I would love to see your reaction if the UNIVERSITY NEWSPAPER article was about blacks or Arabs!!!

I known of several black owned business's that only employed blacks. I'm sure some racist blacks would (and have) denied housing to whites. (Not that the media would cover it).
    I'm only mocking and minimizing it because it is minimal and not comparable. Whites are the majority and the impact of our racism is actually significant on others while anecdotal examples of racism against whites has no actual impact. It's simply a diversionary tactic that appeals to those who feel they are victims.

Be outraged if you want...but it's not a reality. White people aren't oppressed in America and there is no war on Christmas.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,327
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    resister's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,122x in 7,595 Posts
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    I'm only mocking and minimizing it because it is minimal and not comparable. Whites are the majority and the impact of our racism is actually significant on others while anecdotal examples of racism against whites has no actual impact. It's simply a diversionary tactic that appeals to those who feel they are victims.

Be outraged if you want...but it's not a reality. White people aren't oppressed in America and there is no war on Christmas.
    I see you did not read the post above yours, whites are a minority in certain areas. ANY racism is wrong.

As for your war on Christmas reference, how much did you pay the farmer for the straw?

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,009
    Achievements:
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,124x in 11,355 Posts
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by resister View Post
    I see you did not read the post above yours, whites are a minority in certain areas. ANY racism is wrong.

As for your war on Christmas reference, how much did you pay the farmer for the straw?
    I agree that any racism is wrong. My point is that racism that has actual consequences is far more damaging and that equating anecdotal racist events against whites is disingenuous.

I condemn all racism against anyone. It's always wrong...but a paper at a university doesn't effect anyone.

My comment about the war on Christmas isn't a strawman...it's a comparison to an equally silly argument. When people who aren't victims play the victim, I have a tendency to mock.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that any racism is wrong. My point is that racism that has actual consequences is far more damaging and that equating anecdotal racist events against whites is disingenuous.

I condemn all racism against anyone. It's always wrong...but a paper at a university doesn't effect anyone.

My comment about the war on Christmas isn't a strawman...it's a comparison to an equally silly argument. When people who aren't victims play the victim, I have a tendency to mock.
    Show me where I have played the victim? Not my fault if the OP has you triggered.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,820
    Achievements:
    The Xl's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 19,793x in 11,974 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In general, no one as a race has it "hard" or "easy," as it's quite a bit more complicated then that. The system sets up certain perks and disadvantages to being a certain race, so if one finds themselves facing one of those disadvantages, they are oppressed, and if one doesn't they are not oppressed. For instance, a rich black man may supersede the general black plight of being harassed by police because he lives in a wealthy neighborhood, and he may actually be more privileged than a white person of a similar background because he may be spotted additional points in school or a job, etc. That's just one example, it can be applied to anyone of any race.

TL;DR, it's really about socioeconomics more than anything.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Xl View Post
    In general, no one as a race has it "hard" or "easy," as it's quite a bit more complicated then that. The system sets up certain perks and disadvantages to being a certain race, so if one finds themselves facing one of those disadvantages, they are oppressed, and if one doesn't they are not oppressed. For instance, a rich black man may supersede the general black plight of being harassed by police because he lives in a wealthy neighborhood, and he may actually be more privileged than a white person of a similar background because he may be spotted additional points in school or a job, etc. That's just one example, it can be applied to anyone of any race.

TL;DR, it's really about socioeconomics more than anything.
    I have said the last sentence also. The most respected color is green and can be folded in half.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,586x in 36,517 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No one is oppressed in America. Do you say the same things to outraged blacks? of course not.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

resister (12-02-2017)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,586x in 36,517 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No, you really don't. You bend over backwards to accommodate the paranoid delusions of non-whites, particularly blacks, but "mock" whites when they complain about racism directed toward them.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    No, you really don't. You bend over backwards to accommodate the paranoid delusions of non-whites, particularly blacks, but "mock" whites when they complain about racism directed toward them.
    OMG can you imagine if this University paper made blacks the subject? At the least, every media would of covered it and ruined the school, I can see the headline "such and such university is a bastion of hate speech and white supremacy" And then the riots and Antifa.

+ Reply to Thread