User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 51 to 58 of 58

Thread: Marine pleads guilty in Camp Pendleton hazing crackdown

  1. #51
    Points: 99,667, Level: 76
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    856607
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    41,232
    Points
    99,667
    Level
    76
    Thanks Given
    22,622
    Thanked 19,863x in 13,565 Posts
    Mentioned
    1142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    lol

    Salty language is "brutal hazing"? Since when?
    Somehow I doubt that any court-martial would be convened over "salty language" alone. She was charged with committing cruel, abusive, humiliating, oppressive, demeaning or harmful acts.

    Lee, allegedly threatened to toss the subordinate off a rooftop, questioned his gender, derided him with salty language and told other Marines that she was “not (expletive) done with him” and “we’ll get him, don’t worry,” or similar phrases, her charge sheet indicated.

    Ultimately, Lee pleaded guilty at a Nov. 3 summary court-martial to “wrongfully condoning or ignoring hazing that she knew or reasonably should have known did occur”. http://trueviralnews.com/corporal-bu...n-hazing-case/

    Last time I checked, threatening to throw someone off a roof is a death threat.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

  2. #52
    Original Ranter
    Points: 430,977, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    406274
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    133,436
    Points
    430,977
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    76,911
    Thanked 57,243x in 39,534 Posts
    Mentioned
    2095 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Somehow I doubt that any court-martial would be convened over "salty language" alone. She was charged with committing cruel, abusive, humiliating, oppressive, demeaning or harmful acts.

    Lee, allegedly threatened to toss the subordinate off a rooftop, questioned his gender, derided him with salty language and told other Marines that she was “not (expletive) done with him” and “we’ll get him, don’t worry,” or similar phrases, her charge sheet indicated.

    Ultimately, Lee pleaded guilty at a Nov. 3 summary court-martial to “wrongfully condoning or ignoring hazing that she knew or reasonably should have known did occur”. http://trueviralnews.com/corporal-bu...n-hazing-case/

    Last time I checked, threatening to throw someone off a roof is a death threat.
    A summary court martial is the least serious type of court marital. It is typically used with a service member refused UCMJ punishment (Art. 15 in the Army).

    The summary court-martial, the lowest level of court-martial under the UCMJ, is an important command tool. Designed pri- marily for disposition of relatively minoroffenses, it is a con- venient bridge between nonjudicial punishment imposed by the commander and full judicial proceedings.

    It isn't even a criminal conviction. A Special Court Martial is for misdemeanor offenses and a General Court Martial is for felonies.

    Link
    Last edited by Peter1469; 12-04-2017 at 06:54 PM.
    Alea iacta est

    Check out the blog.


  3. #53
    Points: 99,667, Level: 76
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    856607
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    41,232
    Points
    99,667
    Level
    76
    Thanks Given
    22,622
    Thanked 19,863x in 13,565 Posts
    Mentioned
    1142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    A summary court martial is the least serious type of court marital. It is typically used with a service member refused UCMJ punishment (Art. 15 in the Army).



    It isn't even a criminal conviction. A Special Court Martial is for misdemeanor offenses and a General Court Martial is for felonies.

    Link
    It may well be a minor offense in the military to threaten a grunt with death. Not so much in civilian life. I get that team building is important, but how do you feel like a member of a team if that team is giving every appearance of wanting you gone, one way or another?
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

  4. #54
    Points: 107,103, Level: 79
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 847
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ethereal's Avatar Infracted Member
    Karma
    449646
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    38,401
    Points
    107,103
    Level
    79
    Thanks Given
    6,861
    Thanked 22,370x in 14,146 Posts
    Mentioned
    860 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Somehow I doubt that any court-martial would be convened over "salty language" alone. She was charged with committing cruel, abusive, humiliating, oppressive, demeaning or harmful acts.

    Lee, allegedly threatened to toss the subordinate off a rooftop, questioned his gender, derided him with salty language and told other Marines that she was “not (expletive) done with him” and “we’ll get him, don’t worry,” or similar phrases, her charge sheet indicated.

    Ultimately, Lee pleaded guilty at a Nov. 3 summary court-martial to “wrongfully condoning or ignoring hazing that she knew or reasonably should have known did occur”. http://trueviralnews.com/corporal-bu...n-hazing-case/

    Last time I checked, threatening to throw someone off a roof is a death threat.
    You simply have no clue about military culture, but that won't stop you from offering your opinion on it.
    Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me.
    --Immanuel Kant

  5. #55
    Original Ranter
    Points: 430,977, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    406274
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    133,436
    Points
    430,977
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    76,911
    Thanked 57,243x in 39,534 Posts
    Mentioned
    2095 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    It may well be a minor offense in the military to threaten a grunt with death. Not so much in civilian life. I get that team building is important, but how do you feel like a member of a team if that team is giving every appearance of wanting you gone, one way or another?
    Testosterone over-load is part of being in the military. Even some of the females get into it.

    You are training to kill the enemy - if you are a trigger puller and not a REMF. You can't be soft and be a trigger puller.
    Alea iacta est

    Check out the blog.


  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

    Dr. Who (12-05-2017)

  7. #56
    Points: 99,667, Level: 76
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    856607
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    41,232
    Points
    99,667
    Level
    76
    Thanks Given
    22,622
    Thanked 19,863x in 13,565 Posts
    Mentioned
    1142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    You simply have no clue about military culture, but that won't stop you from offering your opinion on it.
    Thank you for your dismissal.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #57
    Points: 107,103, Level: 79
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 847
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ethereal's Avatar Infracted Member
    Karma
    449646
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    38,401
    Points
    107,103
    Level
    79
    Thanks Given
    6,861
    Thanked 22,370x in 14,146 Posts
    Mentioned
    860 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Thank you for your dismissal.
    Do I wade into discussions about actuarial tables and tell you how it should work? No, I don't. So why do you wade into a discussion about military training and culture, something which you have ZERO clue about, and act like your opinion is based on anything except speculation and guesswork? Does it make you feel important or something?
    Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me.
    --Immanuel Kant

  9. #58
    Points: 99,667, Level: 76
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    856607
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    41,232
    Points
    99,667
    Level
    76
    Thanks Given
    22,622
    Thanked 19,863x in 13,565 Posts
    Mentioned
    1142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Do I wade into discussions about actuarial tables and tell you how it should work? No, I don't. So why do you wade into a discussion about military training and culture, something which you have ZERO clue about, and act like your opinion is based on anything except speculation and guesswork? Does it make you feel important or something?
    I'm not an actuary. Poor analogy. Anyone can comment in any thread. That is the nature and the point of these forums. Everyone has an opinion. You are not a police officer but have no problem with commenting on that topic. Military topics are not sacrosanct.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO