User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cultures of the world and spores.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 768
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Brett Nortje's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 195x in 179 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cultures of the world and spores.

In the world there are various types of cultures. This is because of liberty being the main factor - the day dreamers. The more people dream of change, the more it takes root in their minds. This leads to movements where the men and women strive for equality and rights, things that some countries have too much of at this time, and, others, need more of.

I live in South Africa, which has a very American culture with the white people, so those of you from America can understand we have third world infrastructure and laws with first world ideals, yes? This is because the African continent is rife with different goals at present - one of the things that is different is that there is no need for a warrant with searching a premises here. True, we have too much western media, especially mainstream American media, where all the conversation is dominated with lines from American movies, of course.

So, what drives culture? In Germany, there is a lot of gangster rap style stuff, same in the near east, barring Saudi Arabia, where such rebellion is scoffed at. Of course, if we were to look at all of the influences on the world, Holly Wood would have the most major stake in what is seen and heard, while New York dominates the media int he form of news and market movements and attitudes.

Media plays the biggest role in culture, from archaic cave paintings to fire works displays. They tell a story that others share, as if they were children listening to the elders talking and thinking about these events and attitudes. They will always be an important part in the roles children play in society, as they will be emulated and redone at length as children play and find their place in society.

Another culture that is popular in my country is this liberty rubbish, which has the coloureds and whites alike musing for it. This is where the ideals come before the reality, where we can justify our cause over the real world problems that face the poor and lower middle classes. This would be where we labour for things like stopping abuse instead of getting people off welfare, where the bullies at school would take a front page rather than a crashed bus, yes? This would be where we need to forget about the desires and wants of self, and look around to those others in need, of course. Conservatism is about keeping what you have and fostering the community around you, liberty is about day dreaming for yourself.
    !! Thug LIfe !!

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 3,930
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,651x in 14,860 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Nortje View Post
    In the world there are various types of cultures. This is because of liberty being the main factor - the day dreamers. The more people dream of change, the more it takes root in their minds. This leads to movements where the men and women strive for equality and rights, things that some countries have too much of at this time, and, others, need more of.

I live in South Africa, which has a very American culture with the white people, so those of you from America can understand we have third world infrastructure and laws with first world ideals, yes? This is because the African continent is rife with different goals at present - one of the things that is different is that there is no need for a warrant with searching a premises here. True, we have too much western media, especially mainstream American media, where all the conversation is dominated with lines from American movies, of course.

So, what drives culture? In Germany, there is a lot of gangster rap style stuff, same in the near east, barring Saudi Arabia, where such rebellion is scoffed at. Of course, if we were to look at all of the influences on the world, Holly Wood would have the most major stake in what is seen and heard, while New York dominates the media int he form of news and market movements and attitudes.

Media plays the biggest role in culture, from archaic cave paintings to fire works displays. They tell a story that others share, as if they were children listening to the elders talking and thinking about these events and attitudes. They will always be an important part in the roles children play in society, as they will be emulated and redone at length as children play and find their place in society.

Another culture that is popular in my country is this liberty rubbish, which has the coloureds and whites alike musing for it. This is where the ideals come before the reality, where we can justify our cause over the real world problems that face the poor and lower middle classes. This would be where we labour for things like stopping abuse instead of getting people off welfare, where the bullies at school would take a front page rather than a crashed bus, yes? This would be where we need to forget about the desires and wants of self, and look around to those others in need, of course. Conservatism is about keeping what you have and fostering the community around you, liberty is about day dreaming for yourself.

Many things drive culture. In the case of music , largely the whims of teens.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,327
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    resister's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,122x in 7,595 Posts
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Culture and spores? I want my $ back, I thought this was a thread about mycological cultivation of sporocarps.
    There is no God but Resister and Refugee is his messenger’.

Book of Democrat Things, Chapter 1:1

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was going to put forward a theory that different parasites cause differences in our behavior we view as culture

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    I thought it was going to put forward a theory that different parasites cause differences in our behavior we view as culture
    Don't make me tell you about my worm dream.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by resister View Post
    Don't make me tell you about my worm dream.

Like a "wrath of Khan " worm?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Like a "wrath of Khan " worm?
    You don't want to know, trust me

+ Reply to Thread