Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hanger4 View Post
    Question still stands, for you or anybody else wants to answer. How many walk backs, retractions or just plain apologises concerning Trump from the alphabet newsies does it take for the red flags to show ??
    I think the punishment has to fit the crime; a minor mistake (reporting that Trump consumed 3 big Mac's as opposed to actually eating two) would be a cause for minor punishment whereas opposed to an honest major blunder (mis-quoting what Trump said at a rally) would call for greater punishment as opposed to a deliberate major blunder (Trump having sex with a donkey) would call for major punishment.

Finally, the decision rests solely with the employer; depending on how valuable and what the employees labor contract stipulates will ultimately factor in with the company's final decision but regardless the company will make the final decision.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,096
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,104x in 10,786 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    I think the punishment has to fit the crime; a minor mistake (reporting that Trump consumed 3 big Mac's as opposed to actually eating two) would be a cause for minor punishment whereas opposed to an honest major blunder (mis-quoting what Trump said at a rally) would call for greater punishment as opposed to a deliberate major blunder (Trump having sex with a donkey) would call for major punishment.

Finally, the decision rests solely with the employer; depending on how valuable and what the employees labor contract stipulates will ultimately factor in with the company's final decision but regardless the company will make the final decision.
    But that final decision.......needs to be made concerned with whether the man's integrity is in question. I would think objective reporting and serious news would be the goal.....thus purposeful fake news like was presented by the WaPo reporter drains the man's ability to be taken seriously. Much like the Brian Ross suspension, let's hope that suspension is for the purpose of finding his replacement. Who would be stupid enough to believe this Ross liar again, it hurts ABC News' integrity as much as it does Brian Ross.

SO whereas the news channel does own the choice to fire or keep.......it's We the People who need to be convinced these news programs are genuine and objective. When very few currently feel that way. Well....you and a few other agenda driven folk perhaps still believe and defend them.....but you're in an increasing minority.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,819x in 15,385 Posts
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the punishment has to fit the crime; a minor mistake (reporting that Trump consumed 3 big Mac's as opposed to actually eating two) would be a cause for minor punishment whereas opposed to an honest major blunder (mis-quoting what Trump said at a rally) would call for greater punishment as opposed to a deliberate major blunder (Trump having sex with a donkey) would call for major punishment.Finally, the decision rests solely with the employer; depending on how valuable and what the employees labor contract stipulates will ultimately factor in with the company's final decision but regardless the company will make the final decision.
    Punishment, or lack of, wasn't the point of my question. A poster said, a mistake by a reporter shouldn't discredit their body of work concerning a topic. Agreeded. Red flags should exist when an individual reporter makes mistake after mistake. Therefore, I ask, how many mistakes and or lies does it take to raise red flags concerning the MSM ??
    It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punishment, or lack of, wasn't the point of my question. A poster said, a mistake by a reporter shouldn't discredit their body of work concerning a topic. Agreeded. Red flags should exist when an individual reporter makes mistake after mistake. Therefore, I ask, how many mistakes and or lies does it take to raise red flags concerning the MSM ??
    I think it would depend on the frequency of mistakes made over a defined time period; the time period being whatever management decides fits their criteria.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    But that final decision.......needs to be made concerned with whether the man's integrity is in question. I would think objective reporting and serious news would be the goal.....thus purposeful fake news like was presented by the WaPo reporter drains the man's ability to be taken seriously. Much like the Brian Ross suspension, let's hope that suspension is for the purpose of finding his replacement. Who would be stupid enough to believe this Ross liar again, it hurts ABC News' integrity as much as it does Brian Ross.

SO whereas the news channel does own the choice to fire or keep.......it's We the People who need to be convinced these news programs are genuine and objective. When very few currently feel that way. Well....you and a few other agenda driven folk perhaps still believe and defend them.....but you're in an increasing minority.
    You have the power of the so-called "clicker"; the ability to change whatever news feed you are watching; no company can force you to do otherwise. You have always been in the majority, just you and others have never realized it.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,819x in 15,385 Posts
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it would depend on the frequency of mistakes made over a defined time period; the time period being whatever management decides fits their criteria.
    You're still wrapping your brain around punishment. We're speaking of credibility.
    It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're still wrapping your brain around punishment. We're speaking of credibility.
    Okay, I unwrapped my brain. Personally I feel that credibility is strictly subjective and up to the listener/viewer. If the employer, in their sole decision feels for whatever the reason, feels that the reporter has lost all credibility then that's a decision they will have to live with.

+ Reply to Thread