Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,494x in 2,835 Posts
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Not true. The indigenous Palestinians population had no problem with the indigenous Palestinian Jews. They lived in harmony for a thousand years. Arab neighbors clearly have had a problem with the Euros who descended on the ME and expropriated the native population into refugee camps in their lands, whom they have had to support. It's not Judaism that they hate, it's Zionism, which respects no one else's history, along with the arrogance of western bully nations that believed that they could divide up the ME anyway that they chose and the people of the region had no say. Israel is a middle eastern nation in name only. It is really a Euro-American colony in the ME that respects its neighbors about as much as the west historically respected the middle eastern people, which is to say, not at all, other than as an oil resource.

Israel has never demonstrated good faith in the agreements that it has been browbeaten into accepting. Always, after a few months it begins expanding into disputed lands, bulldozing Palestinian settlements and turning them into the next set of refugees and then has the audacity to complain when the Palestinians object and start flinging bombs. No other country in the world is allowed carte blanche for this kind of behavior and yet the US has been using its veto power as well as its financial and military resources to perpetrate this imperialistic and utterly apartheid nation on the ME.

FYI, the ancient Kingdom of Israel lasted a scant 120 years. That's a pretty flimsy premise on which to premise an absolute right of return. The Ottomans held Palestine for 400 years.
    This is an excellent post. It would behoove some to learn their history a little better.
    One can be sure that he who says he knows knows nothing

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ripmeister For This Useful Post:

Bethere (12-13-2017)

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,756x in 15,337 Posts
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ripmeister View Post
    This is an excellent post. It would behoove some to learn their history a little better.
    Except for one thing, there's no such thing as an "indigenous Palestinian". No country, no history, no language, no culture, no nothing, just a made up name for political purposes. Palestine has never existed as a nation. The region known as Palestine was ruled alternately by Rome, by Islamic and Christian crusaders, by the Ottoman Empire and, briefly, by the British after World War I. The British agreed to restore at least part of the land to the Jewish people as their ancestral homeland. It was never ruled by Arabs as a separate nation.
    It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hanger4 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (12-13-2017)

+ Reply to Thread