Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,050x in 8,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Interpret what law, Who. Dearbon, MI, has no public accommodation law regarding discrimination of sexual orientation. Period. To keep harping, as you do, that it does and it's just interpretation, is diningenuous.

Please do not so blatantly misrepresent my argument. It is your argument that where there are no such laws gays will be prevented from apartment rental, forced to prostitute, that there will be riots and more. But there is no law there and that isn't happening.

It is my argument that that none of your appeals to emotion and fear will happen.
    Most people tend to believe that such discrimination is illegal, which is fortunate. That doesn't mean that if it became widely known that there is no specific state law preventing such discrimination that some won't try discriminating. When people believed that they could legally discriminate, they did.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,531x in 55,047 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Most people tend to believe that such discrimination is illegal, which is fortunate. That doesn't mean that if it became widely known that there is no specific state law preventing such discrimination that some won't try discriminating. When people believed that they could legally discriminate, they did.
    It is known that, iirc, 24 of 50 states do not have public accommodations laws preventing discrimination for sexual orientation. By you all liberal's reckoning about representation then nearly half the states' people disagree with you. Therefore, once again, you're stating fanciful information as if it's fact. It's not. (It's quite fun to use your arguments against you!)

To be honest you really should add some I thinks and I believes and I wishes to your prose. Stop representing your personal views and that of the public at large.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,531x in 55,047 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have to point out how amazing it is that you, Who, have gone from adamantly stating there are local public accommodation laws preventing discrimination for sexual orientation, to adamantly stating there are state laws, to adamantly stating there is legal scholarship about it, to now adamantly stating most people believe there are. Each time you are completely sure of what you're saying and each time you're show wrong. Blind faith much?

And all this time you have not once attempted to address any counter-arguments nor answer questions about whether and how such laws would be just.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,586x in 36,517 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It is known that, iirc, 24 of 50 states do not have public accommodations laws preventing discrimination for sexual orientation. By you all liberal's reckoning about representation then nearly half the states' people disagree with you. Therefore, once again, you're stating fanciful information as if it's fact. It's not. (It's quite fun to use your arguments against you!)

To be honest you really should add some I thinks and I believes and I wishes to your prose. Stop representing your personal views and that of the public at large.
    If so many people would discriminate if given the chance that should tell us something about what people actually desire. Once again, the people telling us that religion belongs in church have no compunctions about forcing their values on everyone else. Oh, they try to rationalize it of course. They try to make their views appear normative but from time to time they drop their rhetorical guard and admit they're not.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

+ Reply to Thread