Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,126x in 894 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand Theft Auto V Is A Rip Off

I purchased Grand Theft Auto V by Rockstar Games. From what was written on the box my home desktop pc had the requirements to play the game. But after downloading the 7 discs that it came with I was ready for the thrill ride that is GTA V. But...then the game needed to update itself online and wanted to initially update/upgrade? 6+ more GBytes . That would have taken many hours but I was sticking with it. Then after the first 4 hours I lost my connection(internet provider) and I retried download. But then it wanted to start over from the start of the 6+Gb. I had around half I think downloaded. And then the pc showed the download updates where now up to 8 Gb! After I lost the first 3 downloading. So I stayed with it for 10 more hours. And when I had the 8+Gb downloaded the app restarted. Only to restart downloading updates that now have a 14GB size. Also for reasons beyond me, the game downloads slower than anything I have ever seen. Holy Cow!!! The game is useless. It will not play offline! It (the game) asked me to join the site's online group and did this looking for answers. No help. I have yet to contact site directly to air my grievances. Well I think I just wasted my money on a scam. I wonder how much they will make on people like me. False advertising a video game experience for what could be millions? I hope someone in the government goes after these video game scams.
    Last edited by rcfieldz; 01-04-2018 at 01:29 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rcfieldz For This Useful Post:

Kacper (01-04-2018)

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Kacper's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,017x in 747 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry. Bummer. This is one of my complaints about Xbox as a gaming system. You are hog-tied to the microsoft servers which can sometimes take forever to fully download and install .....er "update" games.

A lot of the games are unending pay to play after you buy them now anyway.

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 720
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    rcfieldz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The connection to the Rockstar site keeps losing it's feed. So I think it is impossible to ever get this game to work.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an ironic topic. A game for arrested development adults that glorifies stealing is cast as a "rip off"

I find that exceptionally hilarious to be honest.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nathanbforrest45 For This Useful Post:

Shady Slim (01-05-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by rcfieldz View Post
    I purchased Grand Theft Auto V by Rockstar Games. From what was written on the box my home desktop pc had the requirements to play the game. But after downloading the 7 discs that it came with I was ready for the thrill ride that is GTA V. But...then the game needed to update itself online and wanted to initially update/upgrade? 6+ more GBytes . That would have taken many hours but I was sticking with it. Then after the first 4 hours I lost my connection(internet provider) and I retried download. But then it wanted to start over from the start of the 6+Gb. I had around half I think downloaded. And then the pc showed the download updates where now up to 8 Gb! After I lost the first 3 downloading. So I stayed with it for 10 more hours. And when I had the 8+Gb downloaded the app restarted. Only to restart downloading updates that now have a 14GB size. Also for reasons beyond me, the game downloads slower than anything I have ever seen. Holy Cow!!! The game is useless. It will not play offline! It (the game) asked me to join the site's online group and did this looking for answers. No help. I have yet to contact site directly to air my grievances. Well I think I just wasted my money on a scam. I wonder how much they will make on people like me. False advertising a video game experience for what could be millions? I hope someone in the government goes after these video game scams.
    Ok after searching for answers and trying to understand what some where trying to say as to how to rectify the download problem, I found that deleting the last file that had been downloaded to GTA V files, it appears to be downloading again. Started with about 10 Gb to go, almost have 1Gb down so far..but their clock shows approx. 21 hours and 33 minutes to go. Now as long as there aren't any more hangups or it doesn't load data.....fingers crossed

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Kacper's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,017x in 747 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcfieldz View Post
    Ok after searching for answers and trying to understand what some where trying to say as to how to rectify the download problem, I found that deleting the last file that had been downloaded to GTA V files, it appears to be downloading again. Started with about 10 Gb to go, almost have 1Gb down so far..but their clock shows approx. 21 hours and 33 minutes to go. Now as long as there aren't any more hangups or it doesn't load data.....fingers crossed
    Are you on the world's slowest internet connection or is this a server issue with them? I don't have the fastest download speeds in the world at home but it certainly could do 10G in far less time.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OH NO !!!!
    Just lost connection again and showing the Code 217 error again. Will have to try again. Also my data amount to download jumped from about 9 Gb to 18 Gb. I'll be lucky to get these updates downloaded in a week or two. If ever.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well back to the original starting point @ 54.20 GB / 73.04 GB 21 hours 56 min. remaining.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Are you on the world's slowest internet connection or is this a server issue with them? I don't have the fastest download speeds in the world at home but it certainly could do 10G in far less time.
    What type of internet connection do you have? I am using a metered free WiFi connection. I wish I could afford a good provider. I was hoping that when I bought the game I could play offline with it. But for $40 it doesn't deliver.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game downloads to file: x64w.rpf 915,372KB . Then the download stops with error Code 217. Trying everything I can come up with to get it to finish download. But this is the third time I have managed to restart download at this file. Thought I had more GB's on a couple occasions but it reverted back to this point in download

+ Reply to Thread