Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,017x in 747 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcfieldz View Post
    What type of internet connection do you have? I am using a metered free WiFi connection. I wish I could afford a good provider. I was hoping that when I bought the game I could play offline with it. But for $40 it doesn't deliver.
    I have just whatever comes with Comcast triple play at home. At work, I have fiber so that is a whole different species of service. Last time I looked, we use about 400G per month of data at my house.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 792
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    rcfieldz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,126x in 894 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    I have just whatever comes with Comcast triple play at home. At work, I have fiber so that is a whole different species of service. Last time I looked, we use about 400G per month of data at my house.
    Yes you seem to enjoy elite status. I am getting an average of 243 KB/sec. download speed as shown by the games window. My WiFi card shows 130 Mbps receive/transmit link speed. I used to get less but hooked up a Yagi WiFi antenna I bought a few years back and have 5 bars showing now. My WiFi card has two antenna connections. I hope to match up another antenna to see if I get a better speed/connection. Although my server/provider is metered I think.
    Last edited by rcfieldz; 01-05-2018 at 12:32 PM.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Kacper's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,017x in 747 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you seem to enjoy elite status. I am getting an average of 243 KB/sec. download speed as shown by the games window. My WiFi card shows 130 Mbps receive/transmit link speed. I used to get less but hooked up a Yagi WiFi antenna I bought a few years back and have 5 bars showing now. My WiFi card has two antenna connections. I hope to match up another antenna to see if I get a better speed/connection. Although my server/provider is metered I think.
    Not quite elite LOL. We had to have fiber because so many of the programs have to talk to computers in India or wherever, real time back-ups, etc. The internet at home is basically free. the triple play package is less than I was paying for a land line from verizon and comcast cable combined and included the internet. Before that I primarily used AT&T mobile broadband on a laptop. Once my contract is up, I will probably try to drop the cable and just keep the internet and switch to Direct TV or web-based TV

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now my update upload shows a total of 18.04 GB to be done and it keeps starting with 44MB and when it gets to 47 Mb ..I get "Connection to download server lost". And it tries reconnecting. If it fails it shows the Code 217 and link to Rockstar website that shows all internet connections are up..? This just keeps playing out over and over with nothing more getting downloaded. Very frustrating. Hope I find a fix.

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Shady Slim's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 462x in 304 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now my update upload shows a total of 18.04 GB to be done and it keeps starting with 44MB and when it gets to 47 Mb ..I get "Connection to download server lost". And it tries reconnecting. If it fails it shows the Code 217 and link to Rockstar website that shows all internet connections are up..? This just keeps playing out over and over with nothing more getting downloaded. Very frustrating. Hope I find a fix.
    I could have beat the game to full ending by now on my PS4. Seriously, sorry about this deal. I am quite surprised how long some PS4 games take to download evan after I buy the CD game!

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: I shelved the game. I figure I used way more than my allotted GB/month/lifetime so I will wait till I have a newer pc with a mega download internet provider.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbforrest45 View Post
    What an ironic topic. A game for arrested development adults that glorifies stealing is cast as a "rip off"

I find that exceptionally hilarious to be honest.
    It's just a game. No need to get all old guy on us.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,820
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Xl's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 19,792x in 11,974 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old man yelling at cloud

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Shady Slim's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 462x in 304 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased Grand Theft Auto V by Rockstar Games. From what was written on the box my home desktop pc had the requirements to play the game. But after downloading the 7 discs that it came with I was ready for the thrill ride that is GTA V. But...then the game needed to update itself online and wanted to initially update/upgrade? 6+ more GBytes . That would have taken many hours but I was sticking with it. Then after the first 4 hours I lost my connection(internet provider) and I retried download. But then it wanted to start over from the start of the 6+Gb. I had around half I think downloaded. And then the pc showed the download updates where now up to 8 Gb! After I lost the first 3 downloading. So I stayed with it for 10 more hours. And when I had the 8+Gb downloaded the app restarted. Only to restart downloading updates that now have a 14GB size. Also for reasons beyond me, the game downloads slower than anything I have ever seen. Holy Cow!!! The game is useless. It will not play offline! It (the game) asked me to join the site's online group and did this looking for answers. No help. I have yet to contact site directly to air my grievances. Well I think I just wasted my money on a scam. I wonder how much they will make on people like me. False advertising a video game experience for what could be millions? I hope someone in the government goes after these video game scams.
    I am not a PC gamer but I had a similar gripe about the PS4 game Seven Days to Die.

I bought it at Walmart for 29 or 39 bucks, I can not remember now. I brought it home and started the thing. It wanted to download about 2 hours of data so I said ok, what the hell.

That game is like a zombie apocalypse where you craft all your needed items and loot places to get an accumulation of goods to survive. The "Seven Days" thing is this . . . the game counter starts when you do and you have 7 days to find a cure or something. You go through day and night cycles.

Anyway, I expect PS4 quality when I play these games I buy. Never a problem with others like Far Cry 4, Resident Evil, Uncharted etc. So this Seven days game was so lame in quality> The zombies were like featureless black figures which would appear out of no where. Even humans you encountered were pixelated blobs. I swear that Donkey Kong on Atari had better graphics.

I was so disappointed I returned it to Walmart and they were at first refusing to return my money because I had "opened it". I pitched a bich and got the manager finally to give me my money back. Only because I said I expect PS4 quality with PS4 games you sell. So I finally got my money back.

Very disappointed in that game. The other games I mentioned are awesome in graphics, background and scenery. Especially Far Cry 4.

+ Reply to Thread